Favorite TRT Provider? In Detail, Why?

I just get a lab slip from them via email and print it to bring to my local lab then I send them the results

1 Like

I do this too, just ask them to email you the lab orders and bring it to LabCorp or whatever lab your insurance covers blood testing for

K I’ll try that. I had been paying them for labs first, then they send me the lab slip. The doc I originally met with there said he’s seen people get denied by insurance when you try to do it through them and then you end up owing full price for whatever tests they decline to cover which can be more than a whole set of labs through defy at their prices. So he told me I was better off paying them and then seeking reimbursement.

I’ll try it the other way soon though and just do a few things and see what happens. If I can get my labs covered that will help quite a bit with keeping the costs down.

Pretty sure they don’t draw your blood unless they get the ok from the insurance company and know they will be getting paid. Sounds like they were just trying to talk you out of it. I actually talked to my insurance company and told them they could reimburse me $250? for the discounted labs that cost like $2k in network and they said they didn’t care and to just go to the in network lab.

Lol. :moneybag::moneybag:

1 Like

Hindsight, as they say…

I spoke with defy today. They aren’t really that much cheaper because they have a lot of upfront costs. So the initial blood test is $279, then the initial consult is $179. Then the meds are like $1600-1900 a year. So I’d rather just stick with my $199 a month all in provider.

1 Like

Check with your insurance company. If they cover lab work, which most decent insurances will, you can ask defy to email you the prescription and just walk into your covered lab.

I don’t know where you’re getting $1900 a year for meds. Even if you were on 200mg test a week, 1000iu hcg, and needed arimidex you’d barely be hitting $1000 for the year on meds.

You need labs and to speak to them twice a year. You definitely need to talk to the doctor at first, so there’s going to be a charge for appointment. You can follow up with a nurse or PA if you want and its way cheaper than the doctors fee. I still talk to the doctor every time and with my appointments and meds I’m not even close to spending $199 a month.

1 Like

Defy said they weren’t contracted with any insurance carriers?

How much are they charging you a month for meds?

They’re not. But I tell them my insurance covers my labs so they send it over in an email instead of charging me for labs. All you have to do is ask. 10ml of test is $129 2 6000iu HCG kits are $96 total. If you need anastrozole it’s about $1.50 a pill if I remember correctly

1 Like

All of these TRT providers are robbing people blind. I’m with Defy right now but I need to find a provider that will just write me for a prescription I can pickup at Walgreens. $2000/yr for Testosterone Cypionate and some cursory attention to lab work twice per year is outrageous. UGL test can be had for less than $20/mo.

I’ve stocked up on UGL stuff for when the grid goes down. Defy is greedy about how much they’ll fill early and allow you to stock (basically none). All I need is to run out of test in the middle of a total loss of power event like a coronal mass ejection, which is definitely happening again at some point.

I was with them, but self administer now. UGL test isn’t ideal, but blood work while on it confirms quality. I found TRT with Defy to be a lot of hoop jumping and expensive. They do know their stuff though, which can’t be said for that many clinics.

I guess being on here, and working with them for over a year showed me what to look for in blood work, and also what to do if blood work is not great on a value.

1 Like

I’ve been considering going to self administration as well to be honest… Defy has pretty much been letting me do whatever I want anyways. It’s nice to have a legal prescription and all. That’s the only reason I haven’t already.

Bump

Everyone still happy with their providers? Any updates?

Go talk to Saya at Defy or find a in-network Dr who is flexible and willing to work with you. With your hormonal status the nasal gel probably a decent option if you really want to try exogenous T with minimal risk. But once you open that door it’s hard to close if you have addictive personality or body dysmorphia.

What is your goal?

1 Like

Feeling better, more energy and focus, and looking better. In that order.

Need to have a discussion with the wife, but I’ll likely be talking with Saya soon

1 Like

FTR, I’m not touting him and don’t see him anymore but he is open minded, intelligent and is as good as any as a Testosterone therapist. Maybe just share, feel as if you are being listened to and heard, listen and have him talk you out of it :slight_smile: .

Or not.

1 Like

I really only got the looking better side effect of the ones you listed. I guess indirectly I got the feeling better due to better self image.

I’ve got random emotional ups and downs - have a hard time feeling like the same person from day to day… I think it’s a hormonal issue honestly. Based on my test results being almost below range, I think this is a reasonable conclusion.

Maybe TRT helps, maybe it doesn’t - but I think I need to try it. Yes, I know “try” is a shitty term when talking about TRT

1 Like