Favorite Training Slogans

I always liked charlie francis “go heavy or go home”

“You Pass out before you die!”

I have to add this one, “It’s not the size of the dog, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”

As seen in some Police department Gyms
“The more you sweat in here, the less you’ll bleed out there”

1.Be Stronge! Get Stronger!

2.Keep Your Blood Clean,
Your Body Lean
And Your Mind Sharp! (Henry Rollins)

I once overheard someone in the gym say, “I don’t like to squat because it hurts.” I find motivation everytime I see that guy.

Also “pain is just weakness leaving the body”

If all you see are obstacles, you have taken your eyes off the goal.

“Stop whining.”

“Just Do It!”

“Just fucking get it done!”

Grow Stronger

better then sex (some guys i know think like that)

He who has a why can endure any how- Nietzsche

Shut up and LIFT

Agile, Mobile, Hostile.

Can you be a successful bodybuilder and not be insane? The answer is NO!

Get mean! Get nasty!

“What we do in this life echoes into eternity.”
Gladiator

I have a few, but they’re longer, not really “slogans” or “mottos”. I’ll try to condense.

ONLY YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN. OUT LAST. WORK HARDER, AND EVEN HARDER. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE WITH THIS DAY? YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. DON'T BE A FUCKING WIMP. BE STRONG. HAVE COMPASSION AND UNDERSTANDING. LIFE IS SHORT. DON'T WASTE TIME. NO ONE CAN BRING YOU DOWN EXCEPT YOU. BE INVINCIBLE AND LIFT WEIGHTS. SEE THINGS AS THEY REALLY ARE. GIVE AND DON'T RECIEVE. DON'T TAKE WHAT YOU DON'T NEED. NO EXPECTATIONS BEYOND WHAT YOU CAN DO. EXPECT NOTHING IN RETURN. REMEMBER WHAT OTHERS DON'T HAVE. BE THANKFUL. WHAT REALLY COUNTS AT THE END OF THE DAY? STAND FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU CARE ABOUT. DON'T FIGHT AGAINST WHAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT. NEVER LET DOWN. WHAT IS THE RIGHT THING DO? DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU'D HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU. DO NOT SETTLE FOR LESS. MAKE PEACE WITH WHAT YOU CANNOT CHANGE. STEP IT UP AND PUSH IT BEYOND TO EXCEED. ABOVE ALL, LOVE. --Andrew WK (caps his).

Pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness.--From "The Iron" by Henry Rollins (highly reccomended)

Do the thing you fear, and death of fear is certain." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. -- Chinese Proverb

Living at risk is jumping off the cliff and building your wings on the way down -- Ray Bradbury

I look in the mirror: if I see any trace of the sad, exhausted, pale, weak, fat, pussy-whipped wage-slave desk-jockey I used to be, I'm ready to lift some weight. I'm reminded of my sister (nothing personal), who's spent her life doing all the stuff other people want her to do, and all the stuff she figures she should do. A couple of weeks ago, she asked me with tears in her eyes when would it be her turn to have a life and do what she wants? All I could tell her was, "It'll be your turn when you get off the hamster wheel and take a fucking turn." It's up to you. No one else. You'll find the time to work out when you DECIDE you're gonna work out. You'll eat and rest and take care of yourself because you decide you deserve it, you need it, you want it, and NO ONE is going to keep you from it. Not even you. I'm a beginner, too, and no-one's gonna watch what I eat for me, no-one's gonna lift an ounce of my weight. I can make up any story I want about it, but stories are bullshit: I can be a warrior, or I can be a victim. For the warrior, no excuses; for the victim, only excuses. --Charlie Moody

comfort is a crutch (a take on the words of one of my drill sergeants) also the only easy day was yesterday