Favorite Tactic to Improve Lat Width

Lat width is my fav thing to improve and I was curious what evbodys fav way to improve this area is. I got great results building a foundation of mass and strength through years of weighted pull,chin ups first and now im hittin em with new stuff. Using a closer grip seems to help as dorian yates advises, as well as combining drop sets and pre exhaustion into 4 sets in a row like drop setting dumbell pullovers then immediately dropsetting weighted chins into bodyweight chins. 

Another of my faves is the band resisted chin with a 2 sec hold at the top wow that one gets the lats sore as hell. Poliquins extended gymnast routine done with fat grips was a shocker too!!

Appreciate all ideas and input lets talk lats!!!

I prefer anything with a wider grip, I’ve recently started doing reeves deadlifts which I’ve found very effective.

Also wide grip weighted pull ups with a thumbless grip and a BIG stretch at the bottom, I have been super setting these with a higher rep body weight set aswel like you and enjoying them

i find pulling with your elbows, not your hands, makes for a better lat contraction.

Like on pulldowns or whatever, think about realy bringing your elbows in. Everything above the elbows is just along for the ride

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
i find pulling with your elbows, not your hands, makes for a better lat contraction.

Like on pulldowns or whatever, think about realy bringing your elbows in. Everything above the elbows is just along for the ride[/quote]
THIS!!
I lightened load, started pulling harder with the elbows, and drive shoulders down to pinch scaps

^ all the above

wider grip pulldowns work the teres/armpit area more, closer grips work the lats more, so I incorporate both

Good stuff, Ima try all the above. Coach Thibadeaus width day on his back specialization HSS-100 program reccomends pulldowns to the abdomen with a rope focusing on pulling w the elbows and did it yday and o ya felt great on the lats made em burn gud! Next is the reeves deadlifts then, as deads have put more width on my back than about anything.

Doing 10x3 supersetting push press and wide grip weighted pullups w 90secs rest between really spreads out the lats and delts.
Keep em comin lets hear about evbodys fav lat trashers!!!

Rack chins get your back wide as hell up top

Do your pullovers on cables instead, with the dumbell the effort of the lats at the top of the movement is minimum.
The rest, you seem to have it all pretty much solved!

hammer machine pulldowns, big pyramid up to a 3RM

[quote]Matias A. wrote:
Do your pullovers on cables instead, with the dumbell the effort of the lats at the top of the movement is minimum.
The rest, you seem to have it all pretty much solved![/quote]

How do you do this? Decline bench, low pulley?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Like on pulldowns or whatever, think about realy bringing your elbows in. Everything above the elbows is just along for the ride[/quote]

This and really good mmc. Im loving single arm cable rows atm. I use my resting hand and place it on my lat just to help me focus on contracting the muscle. And also pullovers, isolates the lats so good!!

^ thats a great idea, my gym only has DBs up to 100 so I’ll try these out

love doing weighted hangs for as long as my grip allows after getting the back pumped.

[quote]myself1992 wrote:
Rack chins get your back wide as hell up top[/quote]
I need to bring these back into the program. I see a ton of vids demonstrating this where they neglect to bring the body all the way up to the bar. Have to wonder what gets missed with these last few inches of work.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]Matias A. wrote:
The rest, you seem to have it all pretty much solved![/quote]

How do you do this? Decline bench, low pulley?[/quote]

Standing, incline your torse foward just a little bit, high pulley.

Tried the cable pullovers on a decline for reps and a 2 sec hold at top and wow, the lats told me it works great pump burn and stretch move to pre exhaust the lats! Reeves deadlift felt great too. Looks like ima do the rack chins next, some good shit here, thanks for the tips!