Favorite Programs?

Hey Guys,

I have been posting a lot the past couple of days, sorry. Its just, I have let myself get so far from what I used to be, its a joke.

I am 18 years old and go to school at the University of Hawaii. Last semester was a little tough. Home cooking, not there… Partying, to much. I mean I’m in Hawaii now and I have a worse body then when I was back home where I couldn’t shed the shirt as easily as here. So to summarize, need a change.

I am about 6’0 and last time I checked I weighed about 200 lbs. Not sure about the body % but its up there I am sure. (High Teens possibly 20’s) I played water polo and swam in high school so I know about training and weights so I am not a total amature when it comes to working out.

I plan on going on the Velocity Diet

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=546491

and am worried about what I should do while on this diet and when I come off? (Weight/Cardio) I have read much about this diet and the support threads but am not sure what weight lifting program I should do.

So with that entire intro, I would like to know… What is your favorite programs to pack on the muscle and not gain a lot of weight during the process. (Thinking after the Velocity Diet) Any comments or guiding tips would be greatly appreciated. I am just eager to get back into it.

Thanks,
Law

[quote]thelaw12186 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I have been posting a lot the past couple of days, sorry. Its just, I have let myself get so far from what I used to be, its a joke.

I am 18 years old and go to school at the University of Hawaii. Last semester was a little tough. Home cooking, not there… Partying, to much. I mean I’m in Hawaii now and I have a worse body then when I was back home where I couldn’t shed the shirt as easily as here. So to summarize, need a change.

I am about 6’0 and last time I checked I weighed about 200 lbs. Not sure about the body % but its up there I am sure. (High Teens possibly 20’s) I played water polo and swam in high school so I know about training and weights so I am not a total amature when it comes to working out.

I plan on going on the Velocity Diet

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=546491

and am worried about what I should do while on this diet and when I come off? (Weight/Cardio) I have read much about this diet and the support threads but am not sure what weight lifting program I should do.

So with that entire intro, I would like to know… What is your favorite programs to pack on the muscle and not gain a lot of weight during the process. (Thinking after the Velocity Diet) Any comments or guiding tips would be greatly appreciated. I am just eager to get back into it.

Thanks,
Law[/quote]

I believe Chris toned his training down quite a bit while on the Velocity diet.I haven’t read all of it and have never done the diet myself but I would most certainly go for a total body routine. Compound exercises all the way.Stick to deads,squats,bench,row, overhead pressing,Pull ups and chin ups ect. At this point it seems to me if you worked out before its about getting that muscle memory going again. I don’t see any need in tossing in anything like curls or direct isolation work while just coming back and on a diet as intense as the V.

On a side note, in my opinion the V diet is a great tool for the experienced lifter that wants to get shredded as soon as possible. I think you could go along way towards having a great physique simply by cleaning up your diet and making good dietary choices instead of the crash diet.

K-narf,

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about the Total Body Training program by Chad Waterbury.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=508031

As far as the Velocity diet is concerned, I have a lot of excess “fat” and I would like to start with a clean slate. I was thinking of doing it for only 3 weeks insted of 4. The results will be the reward and overall i just would like to see if I can actually do it.

But do you think the TBT program will suffice through the Velocity Diet?

-Law

I say get your diet under control before you attmpt something like the V-diet. I would start out by doing the T-dawg diet. I helps establish good eating habits and it is easier to come off of.

Stick to compound lifts and scrap all ios stuff for awhile. Along with dieting you want to do lifts that are going to recruit the most muscle fiber and put the most demand on your cardio system.

take care