Favorite Post-Workout Meals?

Hey all, what are some of your favorite/most effective solid post-workout meals? I’m just trying to get some ideas for recipies and varieties, so any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lately 2 scoops of Grow! pack of raisins and a bowl of corn flakes along side a bowl of mashed potato’s or pasta

Phill

Weekdays - Surf-n-turf
Weekends - Roasted Chicken and a loaf of Hawaiian bread

2 Chicken Breasts, boiled potatoes and vegetables or tuna, pasta, beans & vegetables mixed together.

Are you looking for a sweeter dessert type PWO meal, or more of a dinner-

For carbs-
Oatmeal and a Banana, a lot of people would say that the oatmeal is too slow and solid food digests too slowly, but i had great recovery. A bowl of this and the banana gives you 50+ carbs and then for protein i used to use the shake below. (this was prior to Surge, or when i run out)

-shake made with: 2 scoops whey, 8oz milk and a lot of ice blended until consistency of a thick shake/frozen yogurt.

Post workout is usually a protein shake and fruit. Then an hour later, I’ll have a full meal like chili.

Canned chili +
-chopped onions
-shredded turkey
-spinach
-corn (corn + beans have complimenting amino acid profiles so I always eat beans with corn)
-cheese
-cucumber
-salsa

= delicious.

I only drink a gatorade and a protein shake…I eat an actual meal about an hour and a half after the immediate postworkout meal

a whey shake followed by two home made half pound hamburgers on whole wheat buns with lettuce, red onions, pickles, avacado and mustard. I chase it down with water, fish oil and chewable fiber tablets.

ground turkey and baked potatoes

Double order of raw noguera tuna and rice

Post-workout, I like a pound of meat, a bottle of wine and a movie on DVD.

home made pwo shake:

30g whey
80g quark
2 eggs (microwaved for 45seconds)
vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
sweetners

Combine in blender with water

I always drink Surge and as of late take some BCAAs.

I will usually eat oats, berries, and MD. Blackened chicken, brown rice, and soy sauce is good. PF Chang’s Orange Peel Chicken and brown rice is good too. Chicken or ground turkey burgers and a couple of sweet taters with cinnamon, Smart Balance, and brown sugar or splenda mmm.