Favorite Physique?

I always liked the pic of Frank Zane.

Btw, there is this pic I’m trying to find. He’s a black bodybuilder, holding a pool stick, side view, with a hat on. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

Btw, there is this pic I’m trying to find. He’s a black bodybuilder, holding a pool stick, side view, with a hat on. Anyone know what I’m talking about?[/quote]

Thats Sergio Olivia

[quote]hanban wrote:

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

Btw, there is this pic I’m trying to find. He’s a black bodybuilder, holding a pool stick, side view, with a hat on. Anyone know what I’m talking about?[/quote]

Thats Sergio Olivia[/quote]

Just googled the image and while I have seen it many times before I had never noticed the pool cue.

[quote]hanban wrote:
i grew up with this image as my ideal, still holds true.

also you can see Iron Dwarf on the left side with a great pose.[/quote]

LOL

[quote]The Rattler wrote:

[quote]hanban wrote:

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:
Thats Sergio Olivia[/quote]
Just googled the image and while I have seen it many times before I had never noticed the pool cue. [/quote]
I know this isn’t the same pic in question, but it’s from the same day and it’s another kind of awesome. Oliva’s attitude, Joe Weider checking out his arm, and Gironda looking pissed laying out money (I’m presuming).

Always thought Nate Marquart (MMA) looked pretty amazing for 185lb. I guess hes a little too skinny for your taste though .

Outfit Included.

If I could look like this in a few years, natty and over age of 35, I’ll be happy.
Maybe too skinny for you/a pure bodybuilding/hypertrophic view. But great physique indeed…

Mathieu

This guy wasn’t bad for an old timer.

[quote]mat_angus wrote:
If I could look like this in a few years, natty and over age of 35, I’ll be happy.
Maybe too skinny for you/a pure bodybuilding/hypertrophic view. But great physique indeed…

Mathieu

[/quote]

He is definitely not natty, not that this takes away from his physique, just saying.

NO !!!

Mathieu

[quote]mat_angus wrote:

NO !!!

Mathieu

[/quote]

Just saying you are not going to look like a guy who is ‘on’ and also has freak genetics unless you have EXTREMELY good genetics yourself, which you would know about by now. Especially if i understand correctly that you are over 35. Sorry.

/EndHijack

[quote]NewAdventure wrote:

[quote]mat_angus wrote:

NO !!!

Mathieu

[/quote]

Just saying you are not going to look like a guy who is ‘on’ and also has freak genetics unless you have EXTREMELY good genetics yourself, which you would know about by now. Especially if i understand correctly that you are over 35. Sorry.

/EndHijack[/quote]

I’m going to have to disagree if you think that physique is unattainable for most people naturally. I assume that guy is a sprinter, if he does some other sport just replace sprinting with whatever sport he does. While he is almost certainly “on” something, he does this to help his recovery and improve his sprinting performance, he doesn’t train specifically for aesthetics.

I think MOST people who train hard enough/are dedicated enough can look like that naturally, unless that’s just a very unflattering picture. Although if Mat is starting after the age of 35 that will certainly make it a lot tougher.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

[quote]NewAdventure wrote:

[quote]mat_angus wrote:

NO !!!

Mathieu

[/quote]

/EndHijack[/quote]

I’m going to have to disagree if you think that physique is unattainable for most people naturally. I assume that guy is a sprinter, if he does some other sport just replace sprinting with whatever sport he does. While he is almost certainly “on” something, he does this to help his recovery and improve his sprinting performance, he doesn’t train specifically for aesthetics.

I think MOST people who train hard enough/are dedicated enough can look like that naturally, unless that’s just a very unflattering picture. Although if Mat is starting after the age of 35 that will certainly make it a lot tougher.[/quote]

I’m going to say that’s right around genetic potential for the average joe. Keeping in mind that genetic potential is something that is pretty hard to reach. Also, I don’t think most folks could have traps like that. Probably not that chest development either.

You also have to consider that the guy is a sprinter, which means he is going to be taller, which makes it that much harder to achieve a physique like that. If that guy is over 6 feet, I’d probably say that’s out of reach for most people without serious dedication to training and nutrition.

It is Maurice GREEN.

He is 1.76 m (5 ft 9 in) and 75 kg (170 lb)

Not that tall :wink:

Mat’

^Reminded me of this.

Mo Green may very well be juicing, but that physique is totally attainable naturally. And in a fairly short time period. I would hate to think that would be my genetic potential.

Most folks can’t get traps like that? srsly?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Mo Green may very well be juicing, but that physique is totally attainable naturally. And in a fairly short time period. I would hate to think that would be my genetic potential.

Most folks can’t get traps like that? srsly?[/quote]

How long is “fairly short”?

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

Most folks can’t get traps like that? srsly?[/quote]

How long is “fairly short”?[/quote]

depends on where you’re starting out. Average dude, working his butt off and eating great, could probably get there in less than 5 years, potentially closer to 4. If your starting point really sucks, or you’re not that dedicated, it would definitely take longer, probably more like 6-8 years, assuming at least a decent level of consistency in the gym over that period.

If you spent 10 years in the gym without reaching that level, you didn’t try very hard.

Keep in mind, I’m NOT talking about performance. That would be absurd. I’m only talking about aesthetics.

Also, there are ton of variables out there. I’m talking about a young, generally healthy adult male. Not a 50 year old dude, not a 12 year old, not a dude with kidney problems, etc.

Already on page two and nothing about Brad Pitt in Fight Club? What’s wrong with you guys?

Maurice Greene has a nice physique and I can’t comment on his PED use, but if you honestly think that a physique like that is not something that the average lifter could attain with a few years of hard work, you’re probably setting your expectations too low and not working hard enough.

Oh, and for a slightly more on topic response…Being female and all, Cory Everson would definitely be up there on my list of favorites.