Favorite Oatmeal Breakfast?

Hey guys:

I was just wondering what your favorite oatmeal recipes were seeing as how I going home for the summer and will be able to have access to a fridge and actual food unlike here at campus.

I was looking at the recipe articles on John Berardi’s site and saw that oatmeal with frozen blueberries and CHOCOLATE (?!?) protein powder was good? Is it…?

What do you guys have?

ALSO a little off-topic from this but, is it necessary to take a couple weeks off of Biotest’s creatine or can I just keep taking 5g every day no prob?

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Oatmeal, water, spoon. I’m a simple guy.

1 cup oatmeal
1.5 cups of water
4 splendas
bunch of frozen blueberries, rasberries, etc.
1.5 scoops strawberry whey protein
handful of walnuts

Adding in a banana is also awesome.

i just like cooking up two cups of oats let it cool and add in two scoops of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive or a serving of Metabolic Complete depending on what training phase i’m in.

2 cups milk
1 1/2 cup oats
1 large sliced apple (pref. Fuji)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
cinnamon

Directions:
Blend all ingredients at high speed. Drink.

Delicious, and only takes a minute or two to make.

Cup+ of Oats(lately I’ve been having closer to 2 cups)
frozen raspberries or blueberries
scoop of chocolate Metabolic Drive
almonds or walnuts if I have them

1 Cup Oatmeal
1.5 cups water
1 scoop Chocolate Protein
1 Spoonful of Natural Peanut Butter

Make the Oatmeal, Stir in the PB, Stir in the Protein and enjoy.

Oh ya good thread every carb day I have an oat meal concoction
-quick oats+ dried blueberries+ brown rice syrup+ 1 packet of splendra+ flax seeds+ walnuts+ lecithin+ cinnamon= 1 big bowl of love

oatmeal pancakes
1/2cup oatmeal
1/2 cottage cheese
4 egg whites
1 scoop protein powder
1tbs of cinnnamen

[quote]richardson23 wrote:
oatmeal pancakes
1/2cup oatmeal
1/2 cottage cheese
4 egg whites
1 scoop protein powder
1tbs of cinnnamen[/quote]

How do you get pancakes out of that? You don’t add any pancake mix? I gotta try this

3/4c oatmeal
3/4c water
1/4c dried cranberries
1/2c frozen blueberries
1/2c cottage cheese
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
It was gross at first but I have taken a liking to it over the last few months.

sautee apple slices in a little water, cinnamon, nutmeg, add oats+ cooking water, toss in some almond or vanilla extract and drizzle with a touch of agave nectar. MMmm!

Cottage cheese/protein powder+berries on the side.

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
Hey guys:

I was just wondering what your favorite oatmeal recipes were seeing as how I going home for the summer and will be able to have access to a fridge and actual food unlike here at campus.

I was looking at the recipe articles on John Berardi’s site and saw that oatmeal with frozen blueberries and CHOCOLATE (?!?) protein powder was good? Is it…?

What do you guys have?

ALSO a little off-topic from this but, is it necessary to take a couple weeks off of Biotest’s creatine or can I just keep taking 5g every day no prob?

Thanks guys :)[/quote]

Dr. Berardi’s “Reese Oatmeal”

1/2 Cup Water
2 Scoops Chocolate Metabolic Drive
2 TSP Peanut Butter
1 Cup 2% Cal Countdown Chocolate Milk

Toss it all in the microwave and stir!

-1 cup oatmeal
-1 egg
-100g Cottage cheese
-1 cup fat free milk
-Berries
-Raisins
-2tbsp FLax powder or 1 peanut butter

Hit that on the stove, wait for it to cool and add a scoop of protein mix up and bang, thats protein porridge!!

Mainly just a cup of oatmeal, cup of milk, blueberries, scoop of casein protein. On top of everything else I like to sweeten it with honey to get my blood sugar stable.

Oatmeal
Milk
corn flakes to give it some texture

this is fairly simple. Tastes good and it doesn’t feel like you allready chewed the food once when eating it.

[quote]TwoScoops wrote:
1 Cup Oatmeal
1.5 cups water
1 scoop Chocolate Protein
1 Spoonful of Natural Peanut Butter

Make the Oatmeal, Stir in the PB, Stir in the Protein and enjoy.[/quote]

Mine.

Regarding the creatine – people use creatine on/off because of personal preference. Some people stop seeing results after a few weeks, so they take a few off, go back on and the results continue. Try it out. See what you think. No, you are in no danger if you try this.

This is my breakfast everyday:

1 cup Oatmeal
.5-1cup bluberries (and or other frozen fruit)
Protien powder
Non fat yougurt
Banana
BCAA’s
Beta Alanine
wheat germ
Add water or milk and blend

Makes a great tasting meal providing a nice constant energy release. I also do add a liquid green suppliment from time to time.

I don’t like cooked oatmeal. I have a thing a about the wallpaper paste texture of it. I just happened upon a super simple way to make my oatmeal for my pre-work meal (at 6pm…I work nights). I put a 1/2 c dry measure rolled oats in a bowl with 1 c soymilk and let sit in the fridge overnight.

Before eating, I add 1 Tbs ground flax seed, 1 Tbs wheat germ, 2 scoops protein (about 40 g) and 2 Tbl of PB2 (powdered natural peanut butter that only has 3 gm of fat and 54 cal). Mix and enjoy!