Favorite Non-Workout Exercise

And, I’m always flexing my abs & calves. NOT JUST A LITTLE, LIKE ALL DAY LONG, in the car, sitting, standing. And I’m always pulling my shoulder blades back together. Slumping shoulders look terrible, and I want nothing to do with that. So that’s why I’m a stickler on that one.

I just realised I have spent the Entire Day twitching my legs…

Oh yeah- at the park! Jump on the swings! It’s enormous fun AND really hard- I find after 10 minutes that my legs and abs are really burning and your legs are all jelly-like for some minutes afterwards.

Of course you have to get those pesky kids out of the way first.

Tabata squats and Martial arts classes

Who will be the first to say,
“Masturbation”?

Opps, guess it was me!

I guess staring at a PC monitor doesn’t count? I try to stretch my shoulders every few hours. I take the stairs instead of the elevator (3-5 times per day).

I am totally inspired you folks that are doing pushups, pullups, and the like during off moments. There is no reason I can’t start doing that while at home. So, damnit I will!

It seems that I spend a good part of my day on non-training stuff! Whether it’s flexing, vacuums, pushups, or stretching to relieve a little soreness, it’s really off and on all day.

Does everyone do this??

Also, I have a rope in the yard to do climbs. It’s fun!

[quote]Ritchey wrote:
Who will be the first to say,
“Masturbation”?

Opps, guess it was me![/quote]

From some of us tossing the ole’ caber is a workout.

I can’t afford resistance bands, so I sneak into my girlfriend’s dresser to do some ‘thong pull-aparts’ at night.

So far, I’m doing 10 X 3s with 4 black silks and a leopard print. Looking to move up to 3 sports bras by month’s end.

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:
Every set of stairs I come up to, Im leaping up them 4 or 5 at a time, bounding up. I usually jump down stairs to, flights at a time, as long as they look to be 12 steps or so and less.

Im always jumping onto ledges, benches and normal everyday obsticals if I feel like it. I like to climb fire escapes and trees for the thrill.

More often than not, I’ll usually park far away when i go to the store/mall/etc and run.

I take my neice/nephews to this giagantic wooden jungle gym park all the time in the summer. My sister thinks Im being a good uncle. Little does she know I go because i like to have an excuse to play around in this thing with them and not look like a creepy adult! this thing is the sweetest giagantic plyometric contraption ever invented. As long as its empty and no small kids are in the area, I’ll be runnin and jumpin threw the thing chasin my little niece around and havin a blast. No suprise to me the little girl is the best conditioned cheerleader on her team. I wish this thing was around 15 years ago when i was 10, LOL.

Im perpetually stuck at 15 years old, LOL[/quote]

I do this too, we call it tag.

My 8 year old daughter beat out everyone in her age group in the rope climb and 40 yard dash in her school fitness test.

My favorite non workout exercise at the moment is hiking. I put in 14 miles over 2 days this weekend.

Squatting over the toilet.

Pelvic thrusts preferably with my wife in the prone position.

Pick up and press- remote control (10 sets to failure, switch hands)

Reach and grab w/calf raises - BBQ chips on top shelf (6 sets, 10 reps)

pushups and one leg calf raises everyday. they are my favoirte

I’m a thrower (shot, discus, hammer), so anytime I come accross a large enough piece of flat space, I’m practicing spins or turns. In the grocery store this earns me many strange looks and lots of space.