Favorite Nintendo Games

I just bought the original nes this past weekend, complete with R.O.B the robot - now who remembers THAT shit?!?

Gyromite and R.O.B is where it’s at kids.

Jeez… All the Donkey Kongs, but Donkey Kong 2 was the best. Obviously there’s Super Mario World, Super Mario 3, Metroids,
Battletoads, Kirby Superstar, The Lion King (hardest fucking game EVER,) Primal Rage, My Neighbors are Zombies! (or whatever it’s called,) Smash TV! (Actually, probably the hardest game ever…) MegaMan X, Knights of the Round.

Man, the list goes on.

Hell yeah man. Old NES was the shit. Skate or Die, T&C Surf Country, Lifeforce, Gradius, Metal Gear, Super Dodgeball, Dragon Warrior, The Punisher, Final Fantasy, Pro Wrestling, Jaws, Shadowgate, Gunsmoke, man… All those old games.

I believe that Metroid is the greatest game of all time, I used to stay up all night playing Metroid, I just totally freaked out on it.

In fact, the whole Metroid series of games is just fantastic. The last one I played was Prime for the gamecube. It was like I was 9 years old all over again. I stayed up all night, for a week straight and just grinded through it. Next to Starcraft, Metroid Prime is the greatest game I have ever played. Serious. Even better than Zelda Ocarina of Time.

I was addicted to Kirby Super-star, Mario World, and Yoshi’s Island.

No one is going to admit they played Duck Hunt?

I smoked those bitches with a bowl of cereal in one hand and a pop tart in the other.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Tyson’s punch out was awesome. Though I think Tyson was literally impossible to beat.[/quote]

You had to time his assaults for the first minute then he stopped throwinh his “dynamite punches”. At that point you could wear him down.

[quote]Andyyboy wrote:
Nothing beats zelda in my book. I could sit an punch those chickens over and over again… Chicken “war” was the best thing ever :smiley: [/quote]

The zelda series is/was awesome, but Chrono Trigger is hands down the best game ever made. I still play it every now and then, and I’ve beaten the damn thing hundreds of times.

Loved Skate Or Die and Skate Or Die 2 was pretty cool with the story mode.

Pro Wrestling: “A winner is you” Love that and the fact that one of the guys did the Von Erich claw.

Castlevania had awesome music, no doubt, but I was never really a fan of the series for whatever reason.

Baseball Stars and for the SNES, Baseball Simular 1000 was insane.

Excitebike, loved the fact that you could customize the tracks.

I’ll fess up to playing Duck Hunt.

Paperboy was also fun.

I can’t really comment on many SNES games, as I had a Sega Genesis during that era.

anybody buy the massive bazooka style gun you could get for it…?

i remember many days hiding behind my sofa with only my head and this gun popping out shooting at the tv.

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
Andyyboy wrote:
Nothing beats zelda in my book. I could sit an punch those chickens over and over again… Chicken “war” was the best thing ever :smiley:

The zelda series is/was awesome, but Chrono Trigger is hands down the best game ever made. I still play it every now and then, and I’ve beaten the damn thing hundreds of times.[/quote]

Never played Chrono Trigger, but have heard it is the best RPG out there, as it was made by the people that did Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. Kind of like an all-star cast for RPGs.

There’s a new Chrono Trigger coming out for the DS.

Yeah, that bazooka was awesome, I always wanted one but never got one.

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
anybody buy the massive bazooka style gun you could get for it…?

i remember many days hiding behind my sofa with only my head and this gun popping out shooting at the tv.[/quote]

Yeah I had that. I loved it, but I used to play it for too long and screw my vision up from looking in the viewfinder.

I remember the when I bought the NES Advantage (first joystick for the NES), I played RC Racer for so long that my hand was frozen in position for a few hours after playing. I think they used to call it “Nintendo Hand.”

No one has mentioned the track and field game with the big foot pad? you could do hurdles (it was faster to run straight through them), long jump, est. We also used to play a game called world runner on the foot pad.

Jackal was always one of my favorites. Where you’re a little jeep and you drive around and shoot stuff.

I loved both, but FF3 was far more epic than Chrono Trigger. Secret of Mana was equally awesome.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
No one has mentioned the track and field game with the big foot pad? you could do hurdles (it was faster to run straight through them), long jump, est. We also used to play a game called world runner on the foot pad.

Jackal was always one of my favorites. Where you’re a little jeep and you drive around and shoot stuff.
[/quote]

That shit was intense. Fuck HIIT. Nintendo Power Pad FTW!

It was a lot faster to kneel in the floor and use your hands on the Power Pad, but not as much fun.

I still play RBI Baseball on a daily basis.

Dont have much to add other than I had a friend a couple years ago that could beat mike tysons punch out wihtout getting hit once. Narry a one.

Didnt beleive it until we all crowded in his tiny apartment and watched him do it…

[quote]masonator wrote:
I was addicted to Kirby Super-star, Mario World, and Yoshi’s Island.[/quote]

I am ecstatic that someone else played Kirby Superstar. To this day, my friends and I still get fucked up and play Megaton Punch.

This chatter is making me think about the days when commercials for toys would come on the television.

Why are there no commercials for toys anymore?

Track and Field with the power pad was great.

I’ll challenge anyone to a game of the original Tecmo Bowl. I call San Francisco.

Let’s see, I think some of my other favorites were:
Off-Road
Little League World Series
Snake, Rattle, 'n Roll
Kirby’s Adventure