Favorite Movie that Makes You Think

Memento

The Shawshank Redemption (1994). With a little patience and hard work, great things can come.

As Good as it gets. Makes me question my own mental health

Gladiator- makes me think about what I would to someone if they harmed my family.

Matrix- this veil between reality and fantasy; makes me think about the philosophy of Descartes and Berkley, and my Philosophy Professor Von Steenburg, and the nature of reality. And of how much the next two dissapointed me.

Braveheart, the last 10 minutes: god we are f’ing animals. Who thought of doing this to a person? Oh, and Ow.Ow.Owowowowowow.

Signs- WTF. Two hours and the alien is her dad?? WTF?? (South Park reference)

Edit: Dammit. Its Contact with Jody Foster, not signs. I hate when I screw up a joke.

2001 a space odyssey

i’m still trying to figure it out

Another one-- The Count of Monte Cristo

That guy transformed from a pussy to a fucking badass.

I’m big on the flicks that make you reflect on your own life and the choices you have made. The Weatherman with Nick Cage did this well, and I really liked that movie.

Magnolia is another good one. Tom Cruise as the PUA. Yep, think about that one!

[quote]SSC wrote:
I’m going to just go ahead and say every David Lynch movie ever made.

Donnie Darko for sure.

[/quote]

Even Twin Peaks? That is one of my favorites.

[quote]El Conquistador wrote:
Crash[/quote]

This was what I was going to say.

Also, Patch Adams.

Children of Men - You get to realize how important children really are to us.

Pans Labyrinth- A really, really fucked up fairytale.

Of Mice & Men

Could you kill a friend to save him from a far worse death?

Requiem for a Dream

Crash and surprisingly Click.

City of God.

Contact

love how the Achom’s Razor theory gets all turned around during the hearing at the end.

and how it is suggested that the theory of time/space travel as we know it is actually backward

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
Pans Labyrinth- A really, really fucked up fairytale.[/quote]

Definitly have to agree on this one…and a movie not alot of people have seen surprisingly

[quote]Geminspector wrote:
Of Mice & Men

Could you kill a friend to save him from a far worse death?[/quote]

I didn’t like the movie because of the emotion it brought out towards the end. Not that it was a bad movie.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
Crash and surprisingly Click.[/quote]

+1 on Click.

I’m not sure it promotes deep thought about life, but Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf is a movie I have to watch every month, and is completely engaging from start to finish, and has a lot of themes to reflect on within itself.

Elizabeth Taylor was just great in that movie too.

Anyway, that’s the movie I thing ABOUT the most, even though I don’t think that’s what the OP meant. But I don’t really ever find myself thinking deep thoughts about life after movies or books. I like this particular movie because it explores so much of human motive.

City of God and City of Men are both amazing.

Watching Swingers (I think thats the name?) right after a break up. Its the one with Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau.

The Weatherman

Donnie Darko

Leon the Professional