T Nation

Favorite Meal?

Do people have favorite meals...like considering nutrition, taste, price, time, etc.

Hopefully I could get some need ideas.

I'd say mine would probably me a tuna sandwhich with whole wheat bread, some vegetable, and like oj. But I'm a newbie soooo...yeah.

a big bowl of frozen brussel sprouts and sardines soaked in cajun sauce.

Most of my meals are pretty basic because I have to fix them and eat them within half an hour or so. One favorite is:

3 oz spring salad mix
1/4 red pepper chopped
8 or so grape tomatoes
8 or so cucumber slices
handful of sliced almonds
handful of grated mexican cheese blend
1 grilled chicken breast (8 oz or so)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

Another usual for me is a pile of broccoli and an 8 oz hamburger patty with melted cheese. No bun. If I'm really in a hurry and I'm running behind on fat intake for the day, I'll have maybe a cup of cottage cheese and a big spoonful of peanut butter. Not the best combo, but it works. I had that earlier today.

Sauteing garlic in avocado or olive oil, then adding and mixing it with sauerkraut, throw in some pepper and spices, and combine the dish with some prepared beef or fish. Dip it in some mustard when desired. Enjoy. MMMMM tasty.

a bowl of oatmeal (1 cup), sliced bananas, sliced berries (any kind), teaspoon of honey or splenda, tablespoon of flaxseed, son protein mixed up after the oatmeal has been cooked, and some weet bix (im in australia right now, so weet bix is mainly, whole grain, gives plenty of fibre) hahah. A good breakfast meal

I survive on egg white nachos. My roommate and I created them out of desperation and man are they grrrreat!

You can use sodium or fat free corn chips as the foundation.

I use 6-10 egg whites scrambled. Then I chop up some lettuce, and cilantro, add some pinto beans and top with salsa.

4 pieces of wheat bread, lots of peanut butter, milk, banana.

Grilled meat: steak, chicken, fish, or pork along with Ranch Style beans and a green salad.

Oatmeal with a big ol' scoop of Grow! in the mix with a banana.