T Nation

Favorite “Lesser Known” Bodybuilders

Thought this might make an interesting thread for us BB fans.
Who are everyone’s favorite bodybuilders who are not the “normal” favorites

Mine

1. Troy Alves - had my favorite physique when I first started reading the magazines in 2006
  2. Joel Stubbs (he was the only pro I could find growing up who was my height at 6’3 IIRC)
  3. Gunter Schleirkamp (kind of famous since he once beat Ronnie)

Jeff King - 1983 AAU Mr America

Matt Mendenhall, Mr. Genetics.

3ae20-mystery7

1 Like

Bill Grant or Bertil Fox

Loved Bertil Fox back in the day. He used to have a section in UK flex magazine called “where’s the beef” where people write to him with questions. Always one of my favorite sections.

I always like Charles Clairmont

2 Likes

Didn’t add a photo of Troy before

I remember Troy well and always liked his physique also liked Porter Cottrell who competed about the same time.

Yeah his physique I really idolized. His shoulders always looked like cannon balls to me.

1 Like

I know I will never look like these guys since I will never do steroids, but one can have unachievable goals right?

Jean Pierre Fux, a 90s mass monster, who unfortunately ruined his knees during a photo shoot.

1 Like

Do you know why they call him Brutal Bertil Fox?

“Foxy Bertil Fox” was attracting the wrong demographic.

3 Likes

Isn’t he in prison for double homicide?

1 Like

Yep, his fiancee, and her mom.

I think he actually had the “Brutal” title before the double homicide. It just fits better now.

1 Like

Well, that got macabre fast.

anyway

1 Like

Kawak

2 Likes

That’s one hell of an X-Frame.

With that name, he missed his calling as an adult film star, where he’d have the double benefit of having other people damaging their knees for photo shoots.

1 Like

The Flex squat shoot… Still hurts to think about

You can do all the steroids in the world and you wont even come close anyways.