Favorite Leg Exercise, Not Squat/Dead

Back squats and Deadlift-these are great but everyone knows they are great-

I like to mix up leg days throwing in some new exercises here and there, I just want to see what you guys enjoy other then the famous duo.-You can list other squat variations and deadlift variations-

For me its got to be walking lunges with a bar, its just really hard and always tends to get me pretty sore. I prefer the bar since I can load up more weight then what my grip can handle for as long as I go.

front squats with heels raised!

Zercher squats, overhead squats, walking lunges, power snatches, power cleans, push press, box jumps.

Bulgarian squats.

Hack squat, power snatch, overhead squat, pistol. Just what I personally enjoy. I hate lunges!

Bulgarian split-squats, leg press. I fucking hate front squats.

[quote]DSmolken wrote:
Hack squat, power snatch, overhead squat, pistol. Just what I personally enjoy. I hate lunges![/quote]

That avatar is too funny!

I like barbell stepups

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
Zercher squats, overhead squats, walking lunges, power snatches, power cleans, push press, box jumps.[/quote]

zercher squats really hurt my skin where the bar lies do you have sleeves to protect yourself? Push press I always consider more of a shoulder power move, not so much leg exercise.

Edit: I notice a lot of people really dislike Front squats and lunges, yet I think they are two of the most effective leg exercises. Front squats allow you to get really low and hit the quads more then a back squat. And well lunges are just pure pain :).

Trap bar squats from a platform.

I love doing front squats but lunges with DB’s are ok

[quote]shizen wrote:
undeadlift wrote:
Zercher squats, overhead squats, walking lunges, power snatches, power cleans, push press, box jumps.

zercher squats really hurt my skin where the bar lies do you have sleeves to protect yourself? Push press I always consider more of a shoulder power move, not so much leg exercise.

Edit: I notice a lot of people really dislike Front squats and lunges, yet I think they are two of the most effective leg exercises. Front squats allow you to get really low and hit the quads more then a back squat. And well lunges are just pure pain :). [/quote]

Whenever I zercher, I use a sissy pad and an EZ bar. It still hurts, but at least my skin is spared. I consider push presses a leg exercise simply because it significantly involves the legs. Heck, for me it’s a whole body exercise.

I don’t like front squats because I’d rather do zerchers (more weight, same quad recruitment) or overhead squats (more core recruitment) instead, but I love front walking lunges (glutes galore).

I love high rep overhead squats.

And depth jumps.

Walking lunges.

You have a goal, you’re moving towards it.

Much more motivating that counting reps.

I like front squats too but I suck at them.

Has anyone mentioned leg press???

[quote]Sxio wrote:
Has anyone mentioned leg press???[/quote]

Leg press would’ve been a favorite if it wasn’t so hard on my back.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
Sxio wrote:
Has anyone mentioned leg press???

Leg press would’ve been a favorite if it wasn’t so hard on my back.[/quote]

What? I use the leg press to deload my back. I am not sure I under stand how it hurts your back unless you curling it up at the bottom.

Snatch grip deadlift off a 4 inch platform. Just kidding… Belt squats are very good and I never hear or see of anyone doing them. They burn me up and allow me to unload my spine.

Zane Press

Alternating lunges I like much more than walking lunges. You have your bodyweight going forward and you quickly have to decelerate all this force, then quickly and smoothly spring yourself back to a standing position. Very different movement.

Barbell Reverse Lunge
Barbell Step-up
Reverse-Hyper
45’ Hyper
Front Squat
Glute-Ham Raise
Hassock Box Jump
Snatch
Standing Calf Raise
Seated Calf Raise