T Nation

Favorite Hypertrophy Programs?

I'm having trouble figuring out which set/rep range works best for hypertrophy along with what the tempo of the reps should be. I know Chad Waterbury advocates fast lifts but I have recently read in Tim Ferris' 4 Hour Body that a 5 down, 5 up tempo works best for stimulating growth. Help!!!

I'll say my peace before this thread gets out of hand.

How many successful bodybuilders have you seen use that 5 down and 5 up tempo?

Everyones body is different and responds differently to stimulus. You're going to have to try different set/rep ranges and see what works best for you.

Okay so probably scratch the slow tempo reps, but what about training frequency, etc?

^^ did you read this part op?

Not trying to be a dick at all but you are going to have to try different things out and see what works best for you. What are your goals? Pick a generic program (5/3/1, WS4SB, Starting Strength... something like that) or read King Beefs "Do this program not that crappy one" thread in the BB forum and pick one of those.

You're going to have to see how your body responds to a program in order to figure out what works best for you. I prefer a higher frequency approach while others do not.

I agree with Gregron... Amen to that, but i still can't take you serious with that tash! I laugh at every single 1 of your posts because of your AVI.

Have you seen the new stache picture? Shit is ballin outrageous right now!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Tim Ferris is a sham. I have no idea why anybody would take anything he says about training seriously when there are so many free and informative resources out there. Ferris said several insightful things about time management in his first book; all of which could probably be summed up in one page. Everything else is BS, fraud, deceptive marketing.