Favorite Hot Sauce

Allright, I’m just trying to find a really good hot sauce that I can use in brown rice, chicken, steak, eggs…basically everything. The ones I’ve tried so far are Green Tabasco, Red Pepper Tabasco, Crystal, Frank’s Red…

the Red Pepper Tabasco has a bit too much heat for me (it actually tastes great for the first few bites, then I can’t really handle it towards the end of finishing my meal) while the other ones don’t have enough. Any other suggestions?

I love normal Louisiana sauce, I could probably drink the stuff.

Here you go http://www.nandosusa.com/ these guys make the best hot sauces EVER.

If you don’t like them too hot I’d recommend Cholula chili and garlic. Still has the nice heat of the regular Cholula, just toned down slightly and then made up for with the garlic. Regular Cholula is great too, as is Chipotle Tabasco.

I find the Nando’s sauces to be way too heavy on the lemon, to the point that it overpowers everything else.

There’s a whole thread on hot sauces somewhere on this site.

The best hot sauce ever is called Sriracha sauce. It’s pure ground peppers from somewheres in southeast asia. The best brand has a green top and a rooster on the side.

I put it on all my meats. This stuff is very hot, but is also extremely tasty and goes well in chili, burgers, or anything else. You can put it on other stuff, but if you put it on starches prepare to have your mouth set on fire. I’ll see if I can find a link.

That was easy:

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm

Trust me, once you try this stuff you’ll be hooked. They actually have it in most grocery stores I’ve been to in the exotic or ethnic foods section (won’t be next to the other hot sauces).

The actual brand is Tuong Ot Sriracha.

1 Like

Tiger Sauce has a nice sweet taste with some heat. Great on eggs

Personally, I like Frank’s, especially on hot wings.

If you’re up for a challenge, try this:

As the saying goes, every good hot sauce burns twice.

I second the Cholula call. Just finished 2 fish tacos with Cholula hot sauce on 'em. Yum.

I see that you’re from Cal; try the red pepper sauce from Trader Joe’s. It has more content and is not all liquid which mixes in nice with food

Frank’s is great.

Try Ring of Fire, probably the Garden Fresh Chile sauce or the Chipolte and roasted garlic sauce. The original may by too hot for you.

If you can get it, try Lizano from Costa Rica. It’s a table sauce, great on everything.

I own a hot sauce shop. I recommend sauces all day.

[quote]Carnak wrote:
The best hot sauce ever is called Sriracha sauce. It’s pure ground peppers from somewheres in southeast asia. The best brand has a green top and a rooster on the side.

I put it on all my meats. This stuff is very hot, but is also extremely tasty and goes well in chili, burgers, or anything else. You can put it on other stuff, but if you put it on starches prepare to have your mouth set on fire. I’ll see if I can find a link.

That was easy:

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm

Trust me, once you try this stuff you’ll be hooked. They actually have it in most grocery stores I’ve been to in the exotic or ethnic foods section (won’t be next to the other hot sauces).

The actual brand is Tuong Ot Sriracha.[/quote]

Yeah, you can just end this thread here. Once you try Sriracha, you won’t ever mess with those silly American tabasco/vinegar products again.

Frank’s is by far my favorite tastewise, but I agree it’s not hot enough. Just mix in some tabasco until you get the heat you want.

Mountain Man Fire Roasted Habanero Sauce is great. It has a lot of flavor and a good kick to it as well.

I like scotch bonnet based hot sauces. My Father-in-Law makes the best I’ve ever had, but that recipe is going to the grave with him!

Great thread! I’m stuck on Frank’s that a former roommate left behind. Not too hot but it’s zero carb, perfect for my AD. I’ll make a list of suggestions from the above when I run out.

has anyone else tried the chipotle tabasco? from the scoville scale, i see that it does not pack as much heat as the red pepper, which is a bit too spicy for me. i haven’t seen the chipotle pepper one in the store yet…so haven’t really been able to try it.

[quote]sloh wrote:
has anyone else tried the chipotle tabasco? from the scoville scale, i see that it does not pack as much heat as the red pepper, which is a bit too spicy for me. i haven’t seen the chipotle pepper one in the store yet…so haven’t really been able to try it. [/quote]

Yeah, it’s great. Not quite as hot as the regular so you can whack a load more on your food. I find that chipotle heat tends to stay pretty constant, no matter how much you eat, and also the heat tends to stay on the tongue rather than travel back into the throat.

Also good for making a quick chipotle salsa by just whizzing up some fresh toms and a good dash of sauce, maybe a dose of ancho powder.

[quote]sloh wrote:
has anyone else tried the chipotle tabasco? from the scoville scale, i see that it does not pack as much heat as the red pepper, which is a bit too spicy for me. i haven’t seen the chipotle pepper one in the store yet…so haven’t really been able to try it. [/quote]

I second the above reply. It’s very tasty. My roommate has a bottle and I used some on my chicken last night. I actually mixed it with my other hot sauce because it doesn’t have much kick. So Sriracha + chipotle tabasco = tasty combo. Sriracha is good with anything though. I’d put it on cookies if I ate cookies.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Frank’s is great.[/quote]

yup