Favorite Homemade Mass Gainer Recipes

Looking for new shake/smoothie recipes. What y’all got?

1 Like

Typical blender breakfast for me:
Milk
Eggs
Whey
Banana
Pnut butter
Ground oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon leucine powder

– I know the dangers of raw eggs but it’s been 32 years and no salmonella yet.

2 Likes

How about the original “get big drink” a la keys to progress?:

One days supply of protein powder
2 quarts of milk
2 cups of skimmed mill powder
2 eggs
4 table spoons peanut butter
Half a brick of chocolate ice cream
One banana
4 table spoons malted milk powder
6 table spoons corn syrup

Copied straight out of keys to progress.

This is hilarious. I started eating raw eggs this weekend. Its so much easier for me to just swallow the eggs or put them in a shake. Doc stated I was ok to do so , but just watch for recalls.

I have to admit I have had some slight worry, but from what I have read there is really not much to be concerned about.

Have you ever had to stop eating because of a recall @bighdx ?

I used to make this soup sort of goop mix when I was driving trucks, easy to heat up and smash early in the morning,
Beef mince
Red kidney beans
Sweet potato
Tin of tomatos
Spinach
Some herbs
Blend that shit up. Poor into a big shaker, heat and drink when required :+1:

2 Likes

No, I haven’t ever let up. I think it was Hulk Hogan that got me started. He used to say he drank 6 eggs several times a day.
I eat about three dozen a week this way. I have seen the reports that you don’t digest all the protein from raw eggs, but again, whatever. I’ll take what protein I can get and it doesn’t seem to affect my chloresterol level at all.

1 Like

From what I saw, the protein quality is only slightly lowered by eating it raw, and if eating it raw helps you eat more, then who cares!

Just had labs because I have switched out all my low fat stuff for full fat, and eat plenty of eggs and butter. I’m healthy as fuck. lipids are great, triglycerides are low.

I used to put raw egg in milkshakes as a kid (I think I stopped at 8-ish). I’ve seen salmonella poisoning and it ain’t worth it. Glad I stopped lol

Anyway, one of my favorites:

2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream or coconut milk
3 scoops chocolate whey
1 orange
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
Optional: chocolate sauce

1 Like

Back in 2007 when I started to take lifting and nutrition serious all we cared about was to put as much mass as possible for many years to come. So I slammed these :bomb: on the regular:

100-200g oats
Few scoops of fav mass gainer or 2 scoops whey
1-3 big banana
Pack 200g of lean 95% curd
Ice cream
Some peanut butter or dark chocolate or EVOO
Some nuts on the side

And something more just can’t remember now. This shit blown me out like crazy but I was consuming mad tons of calories even though never counted just had 5-7 clean meals with 2-3 such shakes every day including cheats pretty every other day if I recall correct. Miss those times, lifts were crazy, strength over the roof, growth enormous. So just be creative with your shakes and lets get huuuuge again💪🏽

P.s afer such shake dont expect to walk though for some time :joy:

1 Like
  1. It’s not that the quality of the protein is diminished, it’s just not as bioavailable as when they’re cooked, or in the case of egg whites, just pasteurized. Pasteurized/cooked you absorb and use ~90% of the protien. Raw, you only get 50%
    Article Landing Page - American Egg Board

They reference the Journal that one of the studies was published in.

Dietary cholesterol effect your total cholesterol as much as they thought even a decade ago.

I keep mine pretty basic:
6oz of Heavy whipping cream
6oz of liquid egg whites
2 scoops of Whey
Leucine
Creatine Monohydrate

763 Cals 73g P 42g F 14g C
Of course you could peanut butter, or fruit or chocolate syrup, chia seeds, shit like that to enhance flavor or adjust your macros as you see fit.

• 8oz milk
  • 1 scoop of whey
  • 3/4 cup frozen fruits (banana, strawberry or blueberry)
  • 1 apple
  • 2 TBSP peanut butter

Anyone doing monster mash?

White rice, ground beef, chicken bone broth.

To flavor it up, I been adding coconut milk and green curry paste to the bone broth.
For vegetables, I did peas and carrrots, but gonna try out green peppers and crinkle cut carrots

Some onions might go nice w that too

2 Likes

Being pedantic: you have picked a lentil and a root as your vegetable.

I’d try kale. It tends to blend into everything.

Oh yeah, thats a given for that

Never been into kale. Too tough and takes too long to cook down

I just eat it raw. Mix it with enough other stuff and you don’t notice it.

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

cottage cheese
greek yogurt
frozen fruits
oats
honey
water

1- cheesy scrambled eggs with red hot
2- peanut butter and bacon sandwiches
3- cottage cheese with pesto