Favorite Hobbies

My hobbies are Target shooting with my DE .50 and a CZ 527 Carbine. I also enjoy reading (last book was ‘the orchid thief’), road trips, following MLB and Golfing!

Reading. I’m a big nerd. Plus I’m stuck in the city.

At home (Maine) I hike all the time and run or drive randomly around back roads. My family goes boating a lot, either on lakes or around Penobscot or Frenchman’s Bay.

Studying animal behavior is a big interest too.

[quote]SSC wrote:
I’m big into videogames, reading, watching movies, bitching about the world, hiking.

And, er, smoking pot.

Sorry OP.

— EDIT —

The Da Vinci code was just too inaccurate with too much shit. Dan Brown tries to be a literary genius, when a lot of his main points don’t even connect. This was the same guy who was explaining earlier in the book how Christianity is likely farse, but then bases his entire story around the Holy Grail and we’re supposed to care… kind of contradictory, eh?[/quote]

He is suggesting the seeded womb of a woman (the gift of life) is the holy grail, the truth of which was convoluted in to a story of God’s son and sold by the Catholic Church as a means of societal control.

It’s just fiction though and made an entertaining story imo. I don’t think it was written to be a new religion or even hint at the old ones seriously.

And no problem on the pot, just don’t see how it’s a hobby. I drink beer. I also eat beef. Neither is a hobby.

Psychology (the Game), Philosophizing and what ifs?, Military matters, Reading the classics.

I like chess, reading (fiction and non-fiction), attempting (read: failing) to work on cars.

Suprised to see there have been no guitar players yet…every guy I know seems to play guitar.

Dirtbiking (can’t afford one right now though), videogames, longboarding, any good fiction books, astronomy, daydreaming, music: all types all the time.

lifting weights ? i would say that but it’s much more important than a hobby

madden ,call of duty, i’m going to take a photography course .

In my spare time, I enjoy modifying my baby. I also have an interest in video-editing but I’m pretty horrible at it so far. I also watch plenty of movies because I bittorrent all the time.
And my baby is an '05 Subaru STi.

[quote]FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
SSC wrote:
I’m big into videogames, reading, watching movies, bitching about the world, hiking.

And, er, smoking pot.

Sorry OP.

— EDIT —

The Da Vinci code was just too inaccurate with too much shit. Dan Brown tries to be a literary genius, when a lot of his main points don’t even connect. This was the same guy who was explaining earlier in the book how Christianity is likely farse, but then bases his entire story around the Holy Grail and we’re supposed to care… kind of contradictory, eh?

He is suggesting the seeded womb of a woman (the gift of life) is the holy grail, the truth of which was convoluted in to a story of God’s son and sold by the Catholic Church as a means of societal control.

It’s just fiction though and made an entertaining story imo. I don’t think it was written to be a new religion or even hint at the old ones seriously.

And no problem on the pot, just don’t see how it’s a hobby. I drink beer. I also eat beef. Neither is a hobby. [/quote]

Right. It was definitely an interesting, exciting read. I guess I just had a problem when someone who had just read The Da Vinci code knew everything about the Illuminati, church conspiracy, and the “secret” of Christianity. One other big question I had the entire time I was reading was, “Wait, how do we know that Leonardo Da Vinci knew what the hell he was doing?”

Traveling, guitar, drinking beer (seriously, beer tasting), music.

Chess, poker, reading (I started working on this list almost 2 years ago: http://www.time.com/time/2005/100books/the_complete_list.html I really slowed down recently. Some of these books really suck.), and hanging out with my dog.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
…snowmobiling…
Got higher on the ‘highmarking’ that day than the attachment shows but did not get it on video. Frankly, that slope is much steeper than the video allows and it felt a little loose. It was spooky and we did not climb there more than a few times that day.

I have not yet been caught in a slide but my riding partner has (he survived). Also another good friend of mine has lost three of his riding partners in the last 16 years to avalanches while hill climbing.

[/quote]

Nice vid, Push!

I miss snowmobiling (as a teen) in the PA hilly farmlands. Never got caught in a slide, but I did lose the sled in an 8 ft drift over a back road once. Had to trek back home over 2 miles to get my dad to come help dig the sled out. Good times!

Homebrewing. Although I’ve taken it to such an extent that I could no longer refer to it as a “hobby”. It really is an obsession, so much so that I’ve actually considered changing it into a career.

Aside from that…studying Japanese, growing mushrooms (gourmet ones) and reading

I dig mt.biking, kayaking, and shreddin it up on my guitar

SSC wrote:

And, er, smoking pot.

Sorry OP.

— EDIT —

The Da Vinci code was just too inaccurate with too much shit. Dan Brown tries to be a literary genius, when a lot of his main points don’t even connect. This was the same guy who was explaining earlier in the book how Christianity is likely farse, but then bases his entire story around the Holy Grail and we’re supposed to care… kind of contradictory, eh?

And no problem on the pot, just don’t see how it’s a hobby. I drink beer. I also eat beef. Neither is a hobby. [/quote]

It’s just a story, that’s it. I think people tend to over analyze things too far. This book is in the FICTION section, not the non-fiction. Whether a book is based on theories or facts, it still labeled as fiction.

[quote]SSC wrote:
FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
SSC wrote:

And, er, smoking pot.

Sorry OP.

— EDIT —

And no problem on the pot, just don’t see how it’s a hobby. I drink beer. I also eat beef. Neither is a hobby.

Right. It was definitely an interesting, exciting read. I guess I just had a problem when someone who had just read The Da Vinci code knew everything about the Illuminati, church conspiracy, and the “secret” of Christianity.

One other big question I had the entire time I was reading was, “Wait, how do we know that Leonardo Da Vinci knew what the hell he was doing?”[/quote]

Ah. Well supposedly the Illuminati went out of existance in the late 1700’s. If it does exist today, nobody knows for sure in what form or how powerful. The most likely scenario is that they diffused in to other also powerful anti church(as a political institution)/pro democracy groups of the day.

I did find it annoying that after the book made it’s rounds people were instant conspiracy “experts”.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
Traveling, guitar, drinking beer (seriously, beer tasting), music. [/quote]

Flying Saucer?

Chewie wrote:

Flying Saucer?[/quote]

I love it.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
Chewie wrote:

Flying Saucer?

I love it. [/quote]

It is a fine establishment.