Favorite Hobbies

Been done before, I know. I’d like to avoid “beer and pot”. We all know it’s really cool to talk about how much you like getting fucked up. Most of us probably booze at least occassionally and smoke or have smoked.

Anyways, outside of training, mine would be outdoor activities. Pretty much anything from camping and hiking to hunting, fishing, rock climbing, spelunking or what have you.

I’m in the green. Been posted before.

Skiing, hiking, camping, and beaches are my main staples.

Working on cars.

[quote]FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
Most of us probably booze at least occassionally and smoke or have smoked.
[/quote]

Which is strange really - considering that this site is about building muscle.

I like hiking too. Oh and I read, and spend countless hours in front of the computer.

Doing and teaching martial arts and reading books. I read about 1 book per week, or try to.

photography sometimes.
wow I really have a pretty boring life…

masturbation

I like surfing, drawing, swimming and rock climbing (indoor mostly as I live very near ratho climbing centre)

Painting (large pictures)

Longboard skateboarding

Horror movies with my son

Anything with my wife

Reading (especially history… ships, etc)

Looking at art in museums and galleries

I compose and dj house and tech-house
Movies are next in my big things
Anything at the beach (surfing) no waves around here so its a pipe dream.

I might pick up snowboarding again. Fucking room-mate got me watching Warren Miller movies on the weekend.

Another favorite activity, on a river in PA. I forget the name but it was kind of weird.

[quote]BradyZ wrote:
Doing and teaching martial arts and reading books. I read about 1 book per week, or try to.[/quote]

Do you have a list of favorites?
I like reading too. Lately I’ve been reading about mystery religions, the occult and things like that. Interesting, even if gimmicky most of the time.

Scuba diving, sailing, kayaking, paddleboarding, stand-up paddleboarding, free diving, boogie boarding, swimming.

I have been known, on occasion, to take a dip in the pool.

Oh, driving, too. As odd as it sounds, I sometimes go for spirited sunday drives on any given day of the week. Especially since I got my 6-speed. :slight_smile:

[quote]Tmmmey wrote:
FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
Most of us probably booze at least occassionally and smoke or have smoked.

Which is strange really - considering that this site is about building muscle.

[/quote]

That’s not strange at all. In his book about nutrition, Franco Columbu recommends a glass of wine or beer with lunch and dinner. It’s not secret that Arnold smoked pot, and if you read “Brother Iron, Sister Steel” you’ll find that Dave Draper also used to love getting high.

I’m not trying to say that those substances are conducive to musclebuilding, but even the greats used them.

Been done before, I know. I’d like to avoid “beer and pot”. We all know it’s really cool to talk about how much you like getting fucked up. Most of us probably booze at least occassionally and smoke or have smoked.

Anyways, outside of training, mine would be outdoor activities. Pretty much anything from camping and hiking to hunting, fishing, rock climbing, spelunking or what have you.

[/quote]

I’m pretty into fishing as well. I’d like to try hunting, but it seems like a tough activity to break into since no one in my family hunts. I got a moped a month or two back and I’m starting to put some time into tuning her.

[quote]timbofirstblood wrote:
FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:

I’m pretty into fishing as well. I’d like to try hunting, but it seems like a tough activity to break into since no one in my family hunts. I got a moped a month or two back and I’m starting to put some time into tuning her.[/quote]

All you really need is a gun, a license and if you don’t have property or a lease, a public hunting map. Familiarize yourself with the gun at a range and go shoot animals.

BradyZ wrote:
Doing and teaching martial arts and reading books. I read about 1 book per week, or try to.

I like reading too. Lately I’ve been reading about mystery religions, the occult and things like that. Interesting, even if gimmicky most of the time. [/quote]

I don’t have a favorite author or anything, I just find books on amazon.com and read the reviews and see what the book is about and go from there.

I just got done with Cross Country (Alex Cross series)by James Patterson, and I gave it a thumbs down, not very good.

I just bought Tom Clancy Ghost Recon, its suppose to be like splinter cell series, I like those so I am going to get this a try. I plan to start reading this tonight or tomorrow.

I also bought The Darker Side by Cody McFadyen, Amazon.com This is a Smokey Barrett series (3rd book), these have all been great reads to me, its more darker killing kind of thrillers.

Angel and Demons by Dan Brown is better than DaVinci Code in my opinion, it puts both science and religion in one, and I rather enjoyed it.

Also check out Brad Thor, these are good as well, mostly involved the gov’t and the war on terror. Good reads.

[quote]BradyZ wrote:
FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
BradyZ wrote:

I like reading too. Lately I’ve been reading about mystery religions, the occult and things like that. Interesting, even if gimmicky most of the time.

I don’t have a favorite author or anything, I just find books on amazon.com and read the reviews and see what the book is about and go from there.

I just got done with Cross Country (Alex Cross series)by James Patterson, and I gave it a thumbs down, not very good.

I just bought Tom Clancy Ghost Recon, its suppose to be like splinter cell series, I like those so I am going to get this a try. I plan to start reading this tonight or tomorrow.

I also bought The Darker Side by Cody McFadyen, http://www.amazon.com/Darker-Side-Cody-Mcfadyen/dp/0553806947/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228167288&sr=1-1 This is a Smokey Barrett series (3rd book), these have all been great reads to me, its more darker killing kind of thrillers.

Angel and Demons by Dan Brown is better than DaVinci Code in my opinion, it puts both science and religion in one, and I rather enjoyed it.

[/quote]

I enjoyed Angels and Demons until the guy fell from an airplane with a homemade parachute, landed in a river and survived to save the day from a mad priest. It was too ridiculous to enjoy at that point for me.

I did enjoy daVinci code.My opinion is that it was a well planned and well written mystery/suspense novel. Great story line.

I do like Tom Clancy. I’ll have to check out the Cody McFadyen books. I haven’t heard of him but like your other authors.

I’m big into videogames, reading, watching movies, bitching about the world, hiking.

And, er, smoking pot.

Sorry OP.

— EDIT —

The Da Vinci code was just too inaccurate with too much shit. Dan Brown tries to be a literary genius, when a lot of his main points don’t even connect. This was the same guy who was explaining earlier in the book how Christianity is likely farse, but then bases his entire story around the Holy Grail and we’re supposed to care… kind of contradictory, eh?

BradyZ wrote:
FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
BradyZ wrote:

I also bought The Darker Side by Cody McFadyen, http://www.amazon.com/Darker-Side-Cody-Mcfadyen/dp/0553806947/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228167288&sr=1-1 This is a Smokey Barrett series (3rd book), these have all been great reads to me, its more darker killing kind of thrillers.

I enjoyed Angels and Demons until the guy fell from an airplane with a homemade parachute, landed in a river and survived to save the day from a mad priest. It was too ridiculous to enjoy at that point for me.

I did enjoy daVinci code.My opinion is that it was a well planned and well written mystery/suspense novel. Great story line.

I do like Tom Clancy. I’ll have to check out the Cody McFadyen books. I haven’t heard of him but like your other authors.
[/quote]

Cody is a new author, this is his 3rd book, its a series with the same main characters, but like I said before, I liked them, they are a quick read to me, different stuff, I tend to like the more brutal killings then a simple murder.