Favorite Gym Music

I was curious what people think of as good gym music. I can’t stand it personally when I hear things like Maroon 5, or Green Day on the radio when I’m lifting. It’s fucking annoying and considerably unmanly.

I feel that the only thing that should be allowed on the music player is inspirational music such as cheesy 80’s music from movies like, Rocky, Bloodsport, Kickboxer, or Cobra and metal music such as Iron Maiden or Judas Priest.

Now it’s okay for people to disagree with me but if you do, ask yourself “How’s my testorine level bennifitinng from listening to Coldplay at the gym?”

What kind of music do you guys like to listen to?

I hate rap for regular listening to, but i don’t mind it in the weight room. If im lifting im not paying too close attention to the music, so the heavy beats can get me pumped. I also like heavy metal in the Iron room though too.

Goodies:
Till I Collapse-Eminem/50 cent
Declare your War-Throwdown
The Air That I Breathe-All That Remains
Bonecrusher-never scared (football remix)
Linkin Park-Numb
Lamb Of God-Ruin
Otep-Warhead

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
I hate rap for regular listening to, but i don’t mind it in the weight room. If im lifting im not paying too close attention to the music, so the heavy beats can get me pumped. I also like heavy metal in the Iron room though too.

Goodies:
Till I Collapse-Eminem/50 cent
Declare your War-Throwdown
The Air That I Breathe-All That Remains
Bonecrusher-never scared (football remix)
Linkin Park-Numb
Lamb Of God-Ruin
Otep-Warhead[/quote]

yeah rap’s cool sometimes on occasion for me but if it has to be rap i’d prefer the older stuff

Usually i love to crank metal (im a metal guy anyway). Some slipknot Lamb of God, or disturbed is perfect for lifting weights. Pretty much anything fast and inspiring is good.

Real metal, like Krisiun, From Graves of Valor, From the Shallows, Rose Funeral, Whitechapel, Decapitated, etc.

Mudvayne

my zune gym mix has breaking benjamin, seether, shinedown, linkin park, disturbed, korn, exies, and a couple others i cant remember.

i actually listen to country on my way to the gym and the way back. its my favorite music, and it relaxes and refocuses me.

then when i get to the gym, i turn to the gym mix and start lifting.

Lamb of God - Laid to rest = my song for attempted PRs

I HATE it when I forget to charge my ipod and they are playing rap in the gym. All metal all the time! Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, pre-Black Album Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Judas Priest, Rob Zombie, System of a Down, Sevendust, etc…

My top 5 at the moment…

Killswitch Engage
Atreyu
In Flames
Sonic Syndicate
Hatebreed

Should get the T flowing. lol jk

Gerdy

Fuck all your “i wanna be different with my metal” asses.

I like to listen to

Kings of Leon

The Fratellis

Get me right pumped up.

Hell to the Yes.

Oh yeah? Well I hate your “I wanna be different with my indie rock” ass.

:slight_smile:

Just kidding. I dont like metal because I want to be different. I like metal because I want to be brutal.

BTW, Lamb of God is not metal. Iv heard bulldozers that sound better than their last record. Not having this debate again though…it seems like I get into this every time someone posts one of these workout music threads…which is about twice a week.

Indie= fail

Quite possibly the most feminine music around.

I’m sure Kings of Leon get that estrogen flowing

I make my own songs via “beat boxing” and lift to them…because I’m different. lol

How is metal in the weight room different? To me this is and should be normal. lol

Gerdy

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I make my own songs via “beat boxing” and lift to them…because I’m different. lol

How is metal in the weight room different? To me this is and should be normal. lol

Gerdy[/quote]

Are you beat boxing while lifting or did you record yourself?

It depends. If I’m feeling fresh I’ll throw down a track before hitting the squat rack. If not it’s all pre recorded stuff mostly keying off the beat from “Eye of the Tiger”…lol jk

Gerdy

Mastodon’s Leviathan

[quote]Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
It’s fucking annoying and considerably unmanly.
[/quote]

This describes your vin diesel thread.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Oh yeah? Well I hate your “I wanna be different with my indie rock” ass.

:slight_smile:

Just kidding. I dont like metal because I want to be different. I like metal because I want to be brutal.

BTW, Lamb of God is not metal. Iv heard bulldozers that sound better than their last record. Not having this debate again though…it seems like I get into this every time someone posts one of these workout music threads…which is about twice a week.[/quote]

It still fits the genre imo, just not a great band by any means lol. They’re alright. Their fanbase tends to comingle with the slipknot douchbags here so I’m kinda biased against them.

Weightroom music I like classic rock the best, or REAL metal (death,black,thrash,power). And by powermetal I don’t mean fruityass dragonforce. But as long as it isn’t the obnoxious pop the whale behind the desk at the weightroom has on when she’s working. She myspaces, chats on the phone and whatnot instead of working. She’s like 400 pounds of lard. I kind of want her to die.

she embodies everything I hate.