Favorite Grow! Combinations

So I know there are some of these threads already out there but since we have the all new strawberry, orange, and banana Grow! powders I figured everyone should post what their favorite combinations are. It doesn’t matter if it’s P+C, P+F, or PWO give us your best.

Mine right now is super simple but it tastes like I am totally cheating. I use one cup of Uncle Sams Cereal (www.usmills.com), one scoop of orange Grow!, and add your choice of liquid (I just use water) and mix it up and it tastes just like Fruity Pebbles!

If you haven’t heard of this cereal you should check it out. It is the only cereal I have found to be acceptable, plus it’s got plenty of flax in it, and we could all use more of that. Enjoy and give me your best!

This isn’t a recipe for the Grow! powders. Its for Grow! bars so I guess its still in the same vein.

Anyways, first off, I don’t really know how to make this recipe healthy but its sure damn good for a cheat meal.

First you freeze your Grow! bar and after its frozen, chop it up into little slivers.

Then you add it to Vanilla ice cream. Ohhhhhhh baby!

Its got the same taste as Cookies-n-Cream ice cream and the same mouthfeel/texture as Cookie Dough ice cream.

Nothing special, but I often make a P + F meal before bed using Low-Carb Grow!, carb control Hood milk, and olive oil. Tastes decent. I’ll have a couple fish oil pills at this time too.

JSBrook, I use almost the same recipe before bed, but I nix the olive oil and use natural peanut butter. Then freeze for 20 minutes and viola, chocolate peanut butter pudding, and it’s good for you.

Honestly, I’d eat it if it wasn’t. Everytime I bring some for the end of my shift at work my coworkers try and get them some. Greedy bitches.

Nothing beats a bedtime snack with 60 grams of protein, healthy fats and tastes like dessert. Low-Carb Grow! rocks, bottom line.

Latest breakfast combo. Half a frozen banana in Orange Low-Carb Grow! made with water and ice. I’ve been toying with throwing in an egg to see how close to an Orange Julius taste I can get it.

I have many I like including walnuts or peanut ice and Chocolate Grow! in a blender.

911 girls reminded me of a fav though. add an egg some cinnamon and a dash of rum and vanilla extract to Low-Carb Grow! and Ice. Blend. BAM you got egg nog.

Experiment and enjoy,

Thats my moto. If it suck dont make it again, Thats the worst that can happen

Phill

My favorite is

2 scoops Chocolate Low-Carb Grow!
1 tall glass Green Tea
1 scoop of raw wheat germ
1 scoop milled Flaxseed
1 large spoonful of Peanut Butter
ice and water

I’m lovin all the new ideas I’m gettin here! Keep em commin!

Here is a quick one that worked great for mom this morning I tasted it and it was pretty damned good.

Peanut butter pancakes topped with berries. (PB&J pancakes)

1 scoop Low-Carb Grow! ( I used vanilla)

2 tblspoons (approximately) Natural Peanut butter ( i used my homemade nut butter equal mix of peanut walnut and almond)

1 egg

4 tbspoons flax meal

just enough water to mix.

Made two good size pancakes.
Top with a cup of berries and a pack or 2 of splenda.

Non stick pan and was no need for oil, maybe just a dash of pan spray if you want.

Just thought I would share this one I am constantly coming up with tons of this stuff to feed mom.

Oh just about 500 k/cals total
30+ grams protein
12+ grams good fats
rest carbs but a nice big dose of fiber and the berries are loaded with good schtuff

Enjoy,
Phill

Another thing you can do is also mix coffee with Low-Carb Grow! I have only tried this with Chocolate, but its great in the morning. Try the above recipe and substitute coffee for the Green Tea.

Uncle Sam Cereal

http://www.usmillsinc.com

2 TBSP Natural PB
1 SCOOP Chocolate Low-Carb Grow!
1 SCOOP Vanilla Low-Carb Grow!
2 TBSP Flax Meal

Add bits of water at a time and stir until desired consistency. I like to keep it to a PB consistency.

Two scoops of Chocolate Grow!

2 tsps Cinnamon

1 tablespoon groud flax seeds

1 ounce of water

I’ll eat it before bed, either frozen for 15 minutes or as pudding. Both are equally good. Reminds me of an oatmeal raison cookie w/ chocolate chips.

One scoop of Choco Grow! and one scoop of Banana Grow! w/ the above is also outta sight.

Thought I’d chime in with 2 recent favorites:

The “I’m bulking” shake
2 scoops chocolate Grow!
1 TBS. peanut butter
1 TBS. heavy cream
1 dash cinnamon
1-2 TBS Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder
Enough water to mix

A P+F chocolate-peanut butter experience. The thing I like most about the recipie is that you can adjust the amounts (eg. use half as much PB, nix the cream) and it still tatses pretty much the same, but this is the foundation. Also great for recovery a few hours after working out.

The “I’m bulking AND cheating” shake

2 scoops vanilla Grow!
1/2 cup Breyers/Sara Lee Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream
Handful of fresh cut strawberries
Enough water or milk to mix

Not for the calorically challenged, but man is this a good shake. This ice cream is the best i’ve ever had, and considering what is in it, not horribly bad for you (only 7 grams fat in a half cup). Not a shake you would want to have every day, but a great weekend treat after working your ass off in the gym all week. Also, this is a bodybuilding beatdown of dairy queeen and/or cold stone.

Notes:
I have not tried the new Grow! flavors yet, but I imagine that banana would work well in the first recipie, and strawberry in the second.

The Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder is the best masking agent I’ve found for that horrible tub of vanilla whey we all have rotting away in the back of our supplement cabinets - you know, the canister that tastes so nasty that it would get sent back from most impoverished 3rd world nations, but you can’t bring yourself to throw it out because, hey, it’s protein dammit! I currently have a 1 lb. jug of Twinlab whey occupying this space, bought on clearance for $5 - worst $5 I ever spent.

For those thinking that these shakes are a bit high in calories, I’ll say that a bad experience with Myoplex light way back in the day changed my life forever.

Looking forward to more submissions.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Another thing you can do is also mix coffee with Low-Carb Grow! I have only tried this with Chocolate, but its great in the morning. Try the above recipe and substitute coffee for the Green Tea.[/quote]

Try it with Vanilla - it tastes just like a Vanilla latte’. Yum!

chrismcl, that sounds good, I rarely eat icecream, but the next time I do, I’m gonna try that. I think I will blend it and it will be like a blizzard from Dairy cream with a scoop of Vanilla Grow! as well.

My breakfast this morning was 16 oz. of fat free milk with one scoop each of Strawberry Low-Carb Grow! and Banana Grow! and two heaping spoonfuls of Low fat cottage cheese.

Delicious!

1 scoop vanilla Grow!
1 scoop orange cream Grow!
Blend with ice

Summer heaven!

Strawberry Grow! and add these

Several Kiwis=Strawberry kiwi
Bananas=Strawberry banana
Mango=Strawberry mango
It’s tropical

I seem to remeber someone came up with an icecream using coconut milk and choc Grow!. Is this correct? Does anyone have this - the search function brings up 0 results.

Drewsky,
boy you must not have searched very hard if at all. LOL.

I had to search to find it myself and I am the one who posted the one as well as others you talked about. I simply Put “Grow Ice Cream” into the search engine and came up with a load of them a few of which were mine and the exact one you were looking for was very near the top.

Ok semi flame over now to be helpful,

Here is the thread.
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=565059

I will add that if you dont mind the K/cals or eat smaller portions it will be creamier and not as hard the more Coconut milk or other fats you add in and subtract water. It is the fats in icecream that make it creamy.

The base I posted is a great starting point to launch from and experiment form there. Dont be affraid to add other fats flax meal nuts, oils etc. also I make fat free versions with fruits and berries blended up to replce the fats and much of the water.

Another tip is to cool the stuff befor making it into icecream it speeda the process and assures it freezes.
Also mixing the gums with warm water and then add that to it will; help as you are eating it. It will be a bit thicker and less watery as it melts and will add a lil more fiber.

Have fun and let us know how it goes and if you make any new combos.
Phill