Favorite Flax Oil

I was trying to do a search on the site to find a post on flax oil, but it wasn’t working so please don’t jump all over me if this thread has already been done. I was just wondering what people’s favourite brand of flax oil was and why. I want to make it part of my daily supplementation and want to make sure I get some stuff of high quality. Thanks guys,

Jim

I have used various brands, to give you a simple answer. The most important thing is that you purchase a brand that is cold pressed. The heat will denature the fats.

I have actually stopped using the oil and get all my flax from flax meal. You get the good fats as well as a nice dose of fiber. It is great on salads and in shakes as well.

Hope this helps,

Phill

I use Jarrow brand. I buy it primarily because it is organic and I like the flavor better than some others I have tried. When I can’t get Jarrow, I use Spectrum. I like flax seeds too, though, especially on salads.

I just use the Vitamine Shoppe brand. It is organic and cold pressed. It’s fairly inexpensive too.

OK thanks for your help guys. I’m actually going to go with a blended dietary oil called UDO’s choice oil blend. I’ve read about it and it sounds pretty good and John Berardi also recommends it.

I use Udo’s choice in my shakes and love it. It changes the taste considerably, but I’ve gotten used to it fairly quickly. Haven’t tried flax seeds, but there’s a new organic food shop in the area I need to check out.

I use Vitamin Shoppes as well. I believe Barleans manufacturers it for Vitamin Shoppe.

i think this came up somewhere else on the board recently, but why would you supplement with an omega 6 oil? Udo’s has omega 6 in it as well. we naturally get way too much omega 6 fat from grocery store meats. unless of course you’re eating only grass fed, organically raised meat products… i didn’t think so :wink:

[quote]seminole chick wrote:
i think this came up somewhere else on the board recently, but why would you supplement with an omega 6 oil? Udo’s has omega 6 in it as well. we naturally get way too much omega 6 fat from grocery store meats. unless of course you’re eating only grass fed, organically raised meat products… i didn’t think so :wink:

[/quote]

Actually UDO’s has a 2:1 ratio of Omega-3 : Omega-6 fatty acids.