Favorite Fighters & Fav Fight

I searched and couldn’t find a thread about this so I figured I just had to make one. Feel free to post any number of your favorite fighters in a list and also your favorite fight ever.

My top fav fighters:

1. Anderson Silva
  2. Lyoto Machida
  3. Kenny Florian
  4. Matt Hughes
  5. Georges St.-Pierre

My favorite fight has to be Silva v. Ryo Cho. It’s just such a miraculous and magic finish that Ryo can’t even believe it.

God i hate Machinda, hes so boring to watch 75% of the fight then does something cool. I like people who do cool stuff all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Cro-cop
  2. Aleksander Emelianenko
  3. GSP
  4. Liddell
  5. Fedor!

Favourite fight has to be Cro-cop vs Wandy or Cro-cop vs Aleksander.

Nothing beats a high kick to the head knock out, and the beating he gave Wandy was intense.

Made him look even uglier then he allready was lol.

Heres the Cro-Cop - Wandy fight, its good to see wandy take a a pounding which is rare…

- YouTube Part 1

- YouTube Part 2

Holy crap

I’ve never seen that fight before. That was amazing.

That video Quinnthology posted was awesome! I don’t watch much MMA, I don’t understand the nuances of the grappling so I find it a bit dull, but that was great. What organisation was that fight in (I don’t know if thats the right term, I mean was it Pride or K1 etc?)?

Cro Cop vs Noguiera will always be one of my favorites. One of the greatest scenes in MMA ever is the ref cam footage of the end of that fight where Mirko has this blank, confused stare and everyone around the ring is rushing in past him.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Cro Cop vs Noguiera will always be one of my favorites. One of the greatest scenes in MMA ever is the ref cam footage of the end of that fight where Mirko has this blank, confused stare and everyone around the ring is rushing in past him.[/quote]

Nog on the floor in celebration was always pretty badass.

While there are a lot of fights that play in my head, Clay Guida vs Roger Heurta had to be one of the craziest fights I’ve ever seen. Two guys just leaving everything on the line.

Nog vs Fedor 3 is pretty damn amazing to watch. Mostly because those two guys aren’t human. Nog should have been legally dead about 5 times over in that fight and you expect Fedor to start to slow down, but he just keeps going. Though he did start to fade a bit in the third round.

Wanderlei Silva-Quinton Jackson II is a great fight. Back-and-forth for a couple of rounds and then the ending is off the charts with Silva’s knee crushing Jackson’s face.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Wanderlei Silva-Quinton Jackson II is a great fight. Back-and-forth for a couple of rounds and then the ending is off the charts with Silva’s knee crushing Jackson’s face.[/quote]

Ahhhh! Good one! That was a great fight and one of my favorites. Hopefully everything works out and we see the trilogy fight.

Another classic is Pulver vs Penn I. Back and forth amazing action.

Clay Guida v.s Tyson Griffin. The fight that got me hooked on mma.

[quote]Roundhead wrote:
What organisation was that fight in (I don’t know if thats the right term, I mean was it Pride or K1 etc?)?[/quote]

Pride. Now they both fight in UFC.

Somehow Clay Guida always puts on a show, you have to love that guy. He just seems genuinely nuts. My friend went to a UFC Fight Night in Denver and he said Guida was just screaming in the ring before the fights started.

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
  2. Remy Bonjasky
  3. Randy Couture
  4. Oyama Masutatsu
  5. Wanderlei Silva

Fav. fight: Roddy Piper vs. Keith David in They Live.

Favorite fighters:

1. Fedor
  2. GSP
  3. Wanderlei Silva

Favorite fight: Fedor vs. Kevin Randleman:

Maybe not the greatest fight, but watching Fedor get slammed on his neck makes me cringe everytime I see it, then coming back to armbar Randleman less than a minute later is just beastly.

1. Nick Diaz
  2. BJ Penn
  3. Gil Melendez

Favorite fight - Diaz/Gomi

Honorable mention - Diaz/Lawler and Maynard/Emerson

I thought about this some more, and it is way to hard to think of a favorite fight.

Vitor/Couture 1 was nuts because everybody expected Randy to get blasted out of the ring. Ditto with Couture/Sylvia and Couture/Liddell I.

Fedor/Herring was pretty good because Fedor was relatively unknown while Herring was coming in as a favored veteran, the whole time the announcers were talking about how comfortable Herring was on his back while Fedor was busy pummeling him.

Crocop/Fedor was epic as were Fedor/Nog I…it looked like that Japanese chick was going to cry in after watching Nog take that ass whooping.

Those are all great fights. One that I don’t hear much about but have watched again and again is Tavares vs. Griffin.

Liddell/Jardine was a pretty damn good fight(after seeing it again on UFC Unleashed last night). I still don’t know how the hell anyone scored even the first round for Chuck. Keith plain ass took him apart. He should have thrown in some take downs for good measure.

1. Anderson Silva because like me he is a tall, thin, lefty striker, but unlike me he has good jiu-jitsu and seems to be a really cool guy outside the ring

2. Nick Diaz for some of the same reasons as Silva, and he’s such a dickhead you can’t help but like him

3. Shinya Aoki. The pants.

4. Cheick Kongo because he has great stand up and a still pretty bad but slowly improving ground game

5. Alan Belcher because I grew up with him haha

In the grand scheme of things this was a pretty meaningless fight, but I really enjoyed David Louiseau v. Jorge Rivera.

In no particular order… GSP, Forrest Griffin, Anderson Silva, Roger Huerta, BJ Penn, and Randy Couture.

How can you guys forget Griffin-Bonnar I? That was an amazing fight.

PC

Silva Franklin I and II.

Complete destuction. I have never seen anything like it.