Favorite Books!

On a previous post, somone recommended “Choke” and “Invisible monsters” by Chuck Palahniuk. I read both books recently and they both kick ass! Chuck is an amazing author. What other books do T-mag readers recommend? Some of my personal favorites are: “Ishamel” by Daniel Quinn, “The Celestine Prophecy” by James Redfield, “Leadership Secrets of the Rogue Warrior” By Richard Marcinko, “Think And Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill and “Dinosaur Training” by brooks Kubrick.

Any of Marcinko’s Rogue Warrior books (a given considering my pseudonym), although I have to call bullshit on his claim of a 450 lb. bench. For reference, The Anatomy Coloring Book by Wynn Kapit. Oh, and “Final Confessions of NFL Assassin Jack Tatum”. He was widely regarded as the hardest hitting sumbitch in pro football.

I can’t recommend it enough, “Bravo Two Zero” by Andy McNabb, some real life hardasses.

to Mitchell
Cris Ryan…hmm… I wouldn´t like to make the same little stroll that he did. Good book.

To all
Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts
Fiction or not it about fighting not only the enemy but also the elements.

Escape from Sobibor by Richard Raschke
About the life in i concentrationscamp during the second worldwar, surviving at the most basic level.

“Qigong Empowerment” by Master Shou-Yu Liang & Wen-Ching Wu Yes it deals with inner martial arts (you have to be in control of yourself before you can be in control of other aspects of life); but also iron shirt qigong where you can take punches easier (only if you have to!) and training concepts like doing pushups from a handstand with palms, fists, and finally fingers! And “Natural Hormonal Enhancement” by Rob Faigin even if you don’t believe everything he says in the book, you can still get a fair amount of natural nutrition and training tips to help you.

Thanks!

Mike Mahler, If you liked “Ishmael” by Daniel Quinn, then you should read the sequel to it. “The Story of B”, and “My Ishmael”. They are all saying the same thing, but in different ways. Quinn is a great writer and very insightful, but his bias towards naturalism is a bit strong. Anyway, reading his stuff has definitely changed the way I look at life. He als has an autobiography that is pretty good because it gives you an idea on how he came to have those beliefs.

Thanks a lot J! I am actually reading my ishmael now and will check out Quinn’s autobiography soon.

“Love Thy Neighbor” by Peter Maas, if that book doesn’t keep you awake at night you have no soul. I couldn’t put it down, I read it in two days.

Warfighting - USMC, tremendous read, In faith, Coach Davies

Thanks for the recommendation Coach Davis. Where can I pick up a copy of warfighting? I have heard great things about it. Another one of my favorite books is “The Art Of War” by Sun Tzu.

any major book store should have it. A great read for any person. It has become required in many business schools to teach leadership under duress. - In faith, Coach Davies

I just finished “Invisible monsters” today and I gotta say that it is a damn fine read. So far though my favourite book of all time is “Anthem” by Ayn Rand.

Warfighting is availible at Amazon.Great book.