T Nation

Favorite 'Bit' Character

Every great movie has at least one great bit character. Even some horrible movies have them (ie: The nunchaku convenience store guy in “Ghost World”). So who are your favorites?

As for me

1.) “Gazo” (Rocky): I love scumbags who try to keep up the appearance of being classy, upstanding individuals. Gazo is just hilarious in this respect. "Rock, why didn’t you break his thumbs like I told you to?

When you don’t do what I tell you it makes me look bad Rock!"…“WUUHLL I just figured that…”…“LET ME DO THE FIGURIN’ OK ROCK!! Let me do the figurin!”. Bonus points for his driver (“Take her to the zoo Rock!!”)

2.) “Frank Lopez” (Scarface): Where to even start with this guy. Has a ridiculously gaudy mansion furnished entirely in moulded plastic furniture. Presumably eats all of his meals at the Babylon Club.

Somehow was granted a license to sponsor a LITTLE LEAGUE team and even makes threats about assassinating his catcher (“little bastard hasn’t made a base hit all season!”). Laughs entirely in obnoxious, “guffaw”-style outbursts. Frank Lopez MADE this movie for me.

boba fett.

became one of the most popular characters in the star wars original trilogy, all off of a scant few minutes of screen time.

steven from braveheart

Private Hudson from Aliens

Chet from Weird Science

I cheated a little by using Bill Paxton twice.

Vinnie Jones plays great bit characters in movies like snatch, gone in sixty seconds, swordfish etc. plus he is always a badass.

Harvey Keitel as the Winston “The Wolf” Wolfe in Pulp Fiction.

“That’s thirty minutes away. I’ll be there in ten.”

To whomever is moderating at the moment, I do appreciate your efforts but if you’re going to edit a thread title please be a bit more careful. “Favorite Movie” does not describe this thread. Thank you.

I enjoyed Ghost World. Mostly because of that nunchaku guy, he had some great lines. I remember after the credits it’s about 10 minutes of him at the gas station being an ass.

“6 hours…workin’ overtime.”

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I enjoyed Ghost World. Mostly because of that nunchaku guy, he had some great lines. I remember after the credits it’s about 10 minutes of him at the gas station being an ass.

“6 hours…workin’ overtime.”[/quote]

LOL…“little bit of nature’s nectar…little bit of wake-up juice!”

Neil Patrick Harris in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

Scott Caan in all the Ocean movies, he was fuckin’ funny in Varsity Blues too. He was decent in Gone in 60 Seconds too.

Bruce Campbell in the “Spider-Man” movies- His performance in the 3rd one is the only part I genuinely enjoyed watching.

Lando Calrissian- Billy Dee as a gas mine tycoon/pilot/all around pimp in "Empire Strikes Back and “Return of the Jedi”. His “yee-ha!” when blowing up the Death Star is one of the all-time greatest moments in movie history.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

Chet from Weird Science

I cheated a little by using Bill Paxton twice.[/quote]

He was also good as Arnold’s first victim in “The Terminator”.

[quote]daneq wrote:
Neil Patrick Harris in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

Scott Caan in all the Ocean movies, he was fuckin’ funny in Varsity Blues too. He was decent in Gone in 60 Seconds too.[/quote]

Neal “Poon Handler” in H & K: Escape from Gitmo

George W. Bush in the same movie. LOL @ “I Love the cockmeat sandwich” with the arm pumping

Roy Jones, Jr in the Matrix movies and games

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

Chet from Weird Science

I cheated a little by using Bill Paxton twice.

He was also good as Arnold’s first victim in “The Terminator”.[/quote]

“Nice night for a walk, eh?”

I’d say John Turturo in just about every movie…but especially as “The Jesus” in The Big Lebowski

Some others:

Brad Pitt’s character in True Romance

Brad Pitt as Mickey in Snatch

Elijah Wood in Sin City

Pai Mei in Kill Bill 2

Oh, I completely forgot about one-

Michael Parks as Sherriff Earl McGraw in “Kill Bill”, “From Dusk 'Til Dawn”, and both “Grindhouse” movies. With that accent he could make almost any line funny-

“Huh, this tall drink of cocksucker’s still alive.”

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

Michael Parks as Sherriff Earl McGraw in “Kill Bill”, “From Dusk 'Til Dawn”, and both “Grindhouse” movies. With that accent he could make almost any line funny-

“Huh, this tall drink of cocksucker’s still alive.”[/quote]

misquoting movies, especially good ones, makes baby jebus cry.

I think you meant “Son #1…this tall drink of cocksucker ain’t dead”

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

“Huh, this tall drink of cocksucker’s still alive.”[/quote]

I forget which Grindhouse movie it was, but in the dvd commentary, either Rodriguez or Tarantino said they had an agreement between the two of them that either one could include that character in any screenplay whenever necessary, as long as he survived the story.

For my contribution, I’d have to say Ed from Shaun of the Dead.

“Two seconds.”

John Candy in the original Blues Brothers was classic too.

“Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips.”

[quote]davidtower wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Michael Parks as Sheriff Earl McGraw in “Kill Bill”, “From Dusk 'Til Dawn”, and both “Grindhouse” movies. With that accent he could make almost any line funny-

“Huh, this tall drink of cocksucker’s still alive.”

misquoting movies, especially good ones, makes baby jebus cry.

I think you meant “Son #1…this tall drink of cocksucker ain’t dead”[/quote]

Well baby Jesus should be bawling because he also isn’t a sheriff, but a Texas Ranger. Yeah, I butchered that up real good.

[quote]davidtower wrote:

I’d say John Turturo in just about every movie…but especially as “The Jesus” in The Big Lebowski

Some others:

Brad Pitt’s character in True Romance

Brad Pitt as Mickey in Snatch

Elijah Wood in Sin City

Pai Mei in Kill Bill 2

[/quote]

JT in Big Leb… YES.

BP in True Romance… NO. But True Romance had some great characters… not least of which was Christopher Walken - council to Blue Lou Boyle. His scene with Hopper is one of the all time greats.