T Nation

Favorite Bible Verses.

Here is a few of my favorite Bible versus:

Psalm 14:3 There is none that doeth good, no, not one..

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 10:9:.... I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved....

John 8:12: ...I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 11:25,26: ...I am the resurrection. and the life.whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die

John 14:6: No man cometh unto the Father. but by me.

Theres many more......but I would like to hear some of the fellow believers in Christ here whats some of there favorite verses. And even why, if you want to.

Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks! Psalm 137:9

Ecclesiastes 10:1
Dead flies make a perfumer's oil stink, so a little foolishness is weightier than wisdom and honor.

"Better to live alone in a tumbledown shack than to share a mansion with a nagging spouse." Proverbs 21:9

"Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun- all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun."
Ecclesiastes 9:9

Ezekiel 23:20:
There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

Malachi 2:3 (King James Version):
Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 (New International Version):
If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

2 Kings 2:23-24 (The Message):
23Another time, Elisha was on his way to Bethel and some little kids came out from the town and taunted him, "What's up, old baldhead! Out of our way, skinhead!"

24 Elisha turned, took one look at them, and cursed them in the name of GOD. Two bears charged out of the underbrush and knocked them about, ripping them limb from limb--forty-two children in all!

1 Samuel 25:22 (King James Version):
So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.

"Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her as a covering." (1 Corinthians 11:13-15)

"One of illegitimate birth shall not enter the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:2)

"Slaves, obey your human masters with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ."
(Ephesians 6:5)

"Slaves, obey your human masters in everything; don't work only while being watched, in order to please men, but work wholeheartedly, fearing the Lord." (Colassians 3:22)

"Slaves are to be submissive to their masters in everything, and to be well-pleasing, not talking back ." (Titus 2:9)

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel. " (1 Peter 2:18)

The LORD said to me, "Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another and is an adultress. Love her as the LORD loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes. Hosea 3:1

"I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that." II Corinthians 11:1

Ephesians 6:12 - 6:17

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Do unto others 'fore they does unto you---- Jerry Falwell or was it Pat Robertson

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in His triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; to the one an aroma from death to death, to the other an aroma from life to life. And who is adequate for these things?
2Cor. 2:14-16

Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
Matthew 7:6

doogie - you know The Way. Have a care. Turn or Burn. 2Pet 2:10-22

I am new to being a Christian and learning the bible. Although I grew up Catholic, I pushed God and religion away when I was 16. It wasn't until recently that I opened my eyes and asked to be saved.

I thank Stacey for helping me get to where I am and helping me see what I was missing in my life. Christ brought her into my life for a reason.

Here are some of the verses she has shared with me that I liked. I'm sure there are many more that I will learn and like as well.

Mark 10:27
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. (KJV)

Phillipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me. (KJV)

John 10:9-10
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (KJV)

James 4:13-14
Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and
such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit." Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. (New American Standard Bible - NAS)

this could not have come at a better time in my life. i've been a pretty mediocre Christian most of my life, lots of backsliding. only recently have I turned back to God. it's a struggle now letting go of sins and trying to live a better life, but it's worth it for the higher prize. there are many verses that come to mind.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will lay hold of me. If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, and the light around me will be night." Even the darkness is not dark to You, and the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You."
Psalm 139:7-12

"Encourage the exhausted, and strengthen the feeble. Say to those with anxious heart, "Take courage, fear not. Behold, your God will come with vengeance; the recompense of God will come, but He will save you."
Isaiah 35:3-5

"In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered hsi feet, and with two he flew. And one called out to another and said, "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory."
Isaiah 6:1-3

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."
Matthew 7:7-8

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."
Ephesians 2:8-10

haha where does one begin?

Philippians 2:12 perhaps

...continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

From there it is a loooooooooong list.

Are these real?

I might have to read this book; I knew it was funny, but these are just brilliant!

Hebrews 12:10-12

Text book isagessis!

Eisegesis.

I didn't interpret any of those verses. I just cut and pasted.

shouldn't that be E-isagesis?

Askrakyus 69:

"Thoughth shall not believeth just because something is written."

Genesis 3:5
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Nate Dogg: Best of luck with learning the bible, it will be a fun one. Its kinda weird how god is always knockin at your door and making thing line up & happen for a reason.

john w: Its a never ending stuggle with sin. Ive been a christian for about 8 years now and I struggle every day & have probally backslid more time than I can remember. Just take it one day at a time and try not to burn out.

Best of luck,

Dragon

Yes, another fellow soldier of God. This is one of my most favorite verses because I take being a part of Gods army serious. Are lords return is soon.

2nd Cor 5:7-faith

Rm. 8:28-Plan

Prov. 3:5 faith

Rm. 12:19-God is our atty.

Now how am I going to sleep tonight if I am worried about the world ending........but then I guess that is the whole point of that Christianity thing isnt it......Damn you people, you had to go and confuse all this shit didnt you.

Psalm 23
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for you are with me.
Your rod and thy staff they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies,
You anoint my head with oil,
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

ezekiel 25:17
Bible version
"I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them.' "

Ezekiel 25:17
Pulp fiction version (YEAH!)
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."