Favorite 'Bad' Foods

Pizza, burgers…once in a blue moon ice cream.

Ice cream and peanut butter.

[quote]sicilianspeed42 wrote:
The essence is the eggs! You’ve got it right.

Other than that, I use pancetta which is thicker than bacon and not smoked.

And Carbonara= Coal, called that because of the large amount of black pepper in the dish.

Definitely one of my favorite pastas!

good taste![/quote]

I totally judge Italian restaurants off of their carbonara. You have to know what you’re doing to make it well.

Doesn’t all carbonara have to have eggs? If they made it with cream instead it’d be alfredo.

Well I know who I want to go out and have a cheat dinner with now. I’m totally with you two. :smiley:

I don’t even consider burgers and hot wings to be “bad” foods…

It’s a tie,

Pizza
or
Everything bagel with Vegetable cream cheese
or
alfredo

Pumpkin pie with tons of whipped cream. Mmmm…

I’m having a meat lovers pizza and 6-pack of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale as we speak.

[quote]josh86 wrote:

[/quote]

5 Guys burgers are health food as far as I am concerned.

[quote]theAnj wrote:
sicilianspeed42 wrote:

And Carbonara= Coal, called that because of the large amount of black pepper in the dish.

good taste!

I totally judge Italian restaurants off of their carbonara. You have to know what you’re doing to make it well.

Doesn’t all carbonara have to have eggs? If they made it with cream instead it’d be alfredo.

Well I know who I want to go out and have a cheat dinner with now. I’m totally with you two. :D[/quote]

anytime I’ve seen it ordered it hasn’t looked like raw eggs to me. More of that pasty heavy cream based sauce, just like Alfredo. I’m horribly picky with my Italian food to the point where unless I know the place is good, I avoid it.

Nothin beats some home made pasta anyway. A little semolina flour and I’m in business.

[quote]Vegg wrote:
Pumpkin pie with tons of whipped cream. Mmmm…[/quote]

Shit yeah!! Coconut custard, too!!

mexican food , not bad for you if you can make it yourself without the lard they use at most resurants.

pizza,hot wings,beer,french fries,onion rings. im hungry now

Pastries, and lots of them!

[quote]josh86 wrote:

[/quote]

Hence why I usually love them as my cheat meal

Im not a huge fan of pizza, but I freaking crave milk and hotwings.

Those are really the only foods I have to have.

Generally eating 2k calories of hot wings in a single sitting is bad if your cutting.

Huge plate of hot wings and a bunch of glasses of whole milk, I need that shit.

donuts, pizza, cookies, beer…

Useless withour pictures.

[quote]theAnj wrote:
sicilianspeed42 wrote:

good taste!

Well I know who I want to go out and have a cheat dinner with now. I’m totally with you two. :D[/quote]

Actually, Carbonara is an Italian American collaboration. It is not really Italian in concept, but the available food on the black market in Naples following the Salerno invasion included powdered eggs and bacon. Add cheese and black pepper to remove the flavour of the powdered egg and voila…

[quote]Sonic® Island Fire Burger
two 100% pure-beef patties with smoky cheddar and pepper jack cheese, crisp bacon, lettuce, ripe tomatoes and fiery habanero sauce.[/quote]

Pizza, chipotle burritos

I cannot believe nobody has mentioned pancakes yet!!!

Here’s my Carbonara recipe - Parmesan is OK as a substitute (use less though) but the pecorino sardo maturo is out of this world if you can get it.

Ingredients
400g/14oz dried spaghetti
175g/6¼oz piece smoked pancetta, rind removed
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
handful flatleaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
3 large free-range eggs, beaten
50g/1¾oz pecorino sardo maturo (mature Sardinian pecorino), finely grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Method

1. Bring 4.5 litres/8 pints water to the boil in a large saucepan with eight teaspoons salt. Add the spaghetti and cook for nine minutes, or until al dente.
  2. Meanwhile, cut the pancetta into lardons (short little strips), about 6mm/¼in wide.
  3. Heat a large, deep frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the oil and the pancetta and fry until lightly golden. Add the garlic and parsley and cook for a few seconds, then remove from the heat and set aside.
  4. Drain the spaghetti well, tip into the frying pan with the pancetta, garlic and parsley, add the beaten eggs and half the grated pecorino cheese and toss together well.
  5. Season to taste with a little salt and black pepper. The heat from the spaghetti will be sufficient to partly cook the egg, but still leave it moist and creamy. Take to the table and serve in warmed pasta bowls, sprinkled with the rest of the cheese

I think Hank Paulson is discussing bailing out the banks with pancakes.