Fav Exercises for Building Side Delts?

I am looking for different exercises to build up the side delts any advice ?

Lateral Raises, 3 sets of 30seconds TuT(time under tension) with good form, followed by a 4th set with looser form and going until you cant move your arms. Your delts will explode

FST7

squats

[quote]A.Lurker wrote:
squats[/quote]

Or any ELITE excercise!!

bitch slaps

i saw this skinny white kid doing really high reps of all kinds of raises with fifteen pound dumbells. he had a huge pair of holy shit delts. he had no other muscle though. i saw a woman with great delts, she prefered something like a kettlebell swing. i guess a plate raise is similar. i have doing high painful cheat reps after seeing them

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
FST7[/quote]

ahaha every god dam time

arnold press and db upright rows at the moment

all sorts of side raise variations did absolutely JACK SHIT for me

they’re practically impossible to progress on, or track properly, because usually progress comes from added swinging, and did absolute nothing for my delts

maybe it’s because of my really long arms, i don’t know. but they seriously did absolutely NOTHING for me. i can’t overstate how useless i found them

lol.

the funny thing is, FST7 with lateral raises (dumbbells) or with the low cable raise would actually probably make your deltoids absolutely explode haha.

[quote]want2getlean wrote:
arnold press and db upright rows at the moment

all sorts of side raise variations did absolutely JACK SHIT for me

they’re practically impossible to progress on, or track properly, because usually progress comes from added swinging, and did absolute nothing for my delts

maybe it’s because of my really long arms, i don’t know. but they seriously did absolutely NOTHING for me. i can’t overstate how useless i found them[/quote]
+1 on the DB Upright Rows. They work really well and you can handle a decent amount of weight. My training partner cannot isolate the medial head to save himself, always ends up using either the rear delts or anterior delts way too much regardless of weight or form corrections. But this is one exercise he can do that definately isolates the medial head.

[quote]Ethan7X wrote:
lol.

the funny thing is, FST7 with lateral raises (dumbbells) or with the low cable raise would actually probably make your deltoids absolutely explode haha.[/quote]

It does dude. Nasty pumps.

I remember the FIRST time I did FST7 on delts I could bounce my head back and forth off them.

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
FST7[/quote]

ahaha every god dam time[/quote]

I’m actually Jay Cutler doing some covert promo work…

Just tryna sell them dvds brah

Machine side laterals were the first thing to get my side delts sore, and recently heavy partial lateral raises are the only thing that has gotten my side delts sore for days.

Ive recently implemented 1H Cable laterals using a Vbar with a lean away. Putting your arm through the Vbar and placing the weight on the forearm rather than in your grip puts a bit of a different spin on the movement. Also, you lean away from the station, gripping it with your other arm and making sort of a 45degree angle of your body with the floor (As the delt is not the primary mover up to about 30% of Abduction).

Can be a bit of an awkward movement at first, but ive definitely noticed a widening of delts.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Ive recently implemented 1H Cable laterals using a Vbar with a lean away. Putting your arm through the Vbar and placing the weight on the forearm rather than in your grip puts a bit of a different spin on the movement. Also, you lean away from the station, gripping it with your other arm and making sort of a 45degree angle of your body with the floor (As the delt is not the primary mover up to about 30% of Abduction).

Can be a bit of an awkward movement at first, but ive definitely noticed a widening of delts. [/quote]
Hmm. Ive got a mental picture of how this could work. Shall try it tomorrow. Wondering if theres any other muscles this idea would work on. External/Internal Rotations maybe? Im thinking this would stop you cocking the wrist to get the illusion of extra ROM on some exercises.

Thanks for that Akuma. You’ve given me some ideas to experiment with!

Aside from what’s been mentioned, I implemented more frequent use of partial training with lateral raises, 'round 3 x’s a week depending on how they felt, and got pretty good width development. Don’t expect any strength gains but they looked pretty good

Do what Meadows suggests for delts. Nothing is better IMO.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Do what Meadows suggests for delts. Nothing is better IMO.[/quote]

I second this big time…since I started doing Meadows shoulder stuff, my delts have gotten much bigger.

Time to start doing cheating laterals and 60 rep stuff!

lol~~