Fatties Cause Global Warming!

It’s official. Researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine say so:

"THE rising number of fat people was yesterday blamed for global warming. Scientists warned that the increase in big-eaters means more food production ? a major cause of CO2 gas emissions warming the planet.

Overweight people are also more likely to drive, adding to environmental damage."

They’re also responsible for cancer, tooth decay and bad TV.

John

[quote]cakewalk wrote:
It’s official. Researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine say so:

"THE rising number of fat people was yesterday blamed for global warming. Scientists warned that the increase in big-eaters means more food production ? a major cause of CO2 gas emissions warming the planet.

Overweight people are also more likely to drive, adding to environmental damage."

John

[/quote]

No offense, but I am betting any bodybuilder much over 200lbs is adding quite a bit to “gas emissions” as well.

I doubt the average obese sedentary person is throwing down more overall calories than the larger lifters on this site. The difference is, we are actually doing something with the calories.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
cakewalk wrote:

John

No offense, but I am betting any bodybuilder much over 200lbs is adding quite a bit to “gas emissions” as well.

I doubt the average obese sedentary person is throwing down more overall calories than the larger lifters on this site. The difference is, we are actually doing something with the calories.[/quote]

Professor X is the sole cause for global warming.

Don’t worry though, scientists have just seen that the sun is in it’s most dormant period since, a while. Last time it was so quiet we had a mini ice-age.

It could, if this continues, counter the effects of global warming.

I sh*t you not.

WE’RE SAVED.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
cakewalk wrote:

John

I doubt the average obese sedentary person is throwing down more overall calories than the larger lifters on this site. The difference is, we are actually doing something with the calories.[/quote]

I’m emitting gas right now…

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
Professor X wrote:
cakewalk wrote:

John

I doubt the average obese sedentary person is throwing down more overall calories than the larger lifters on this site. The difference is, we are actually doing something with the calories.

I’m emitting gas right now…
[/quote]

I was waiting for someone to say that.

X, it’s true that big guys can choke down a shit ton of food every day. However, the obese and sedentary folks outnumber the dedicated strength trainers by a large margin, so collectively they have a much bigger impact.

I just did my bit to raise global temperatures - a big-assed salmon steak, a crapload of veggies and a mound of brown rice. Canada is too damn cold.

But seriously, I was amused by questionable science (man-caused global warming), supported by what looks to be junk science (the current study), run through the sensationalist filter of UK tabloid journalism.

John