T Nation

Fats Pre Bed?

Im looking for some fats to add my micellar casein pre-bed meal… i currently use whole flax seeds. Ive heard of using coconut oil & peanut butter (not together), even raw eggs. any thoughts?

Eating raw eggs is not a good idea because you body can’t digest the protein when it is not cooked.

Try adding Olive Oil, almonds, walnuts. If that don’t work There is always STEAK, and BEEF.

Really yes you can use any fat source

Phill

I would source out a good pro-biotic yoghurt to add to your shake. One, it makes it taste better. Two, it has some good fat sources. And three, pro-biotic bacteria help to maintain a health GI and can help to improve nutrient absorption.

Cheers.

Sasha

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

who said its got to be right before bed why not 45 mintues to an hour. I’ve ate many a steaks and beef before bed and slept like a baby. It all depends on how you body reacts to the food you eat.

and i believe you spell that putrefy

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Serd wrote:
Eating raw eggs is not a good idea because you body can’t digest the protein when it is not cooked.

Try adding Olive Oil, almonds, walnuts. If that don’t work There is always STEAK, and BEEF.

Have you ever actually tried eating meat immediately before bed?

I have. It tends to putrfy, rather than digest, leading to a VERY bad nights’ sleep.

I add hazelenut oil, macadamia nut oil or olive oil to my casein and whey prebed shake.

bushy[/quote]

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Serd wrote:

Have you ever actually tried eating meat immediately before bed?

bushy[/quote]

Yes I have. A can of tuna and handful of walnuts every night. Haven’t ever had a problem.

I like the Berardi Pre-Bed Snack: Cottage Cheese, Chocolate Metabolic Drive, a tbsp of flax seeds and a tbsp of Peanut butter. Its really quite good and covers both the protein and the fats.

[quote]jmfranks03 wrote:
I like the Berardi Pre-Bed Snack: Cottage Cheese, Chocolate Metabolic Drive, a tbsp of flax seeds and a tbsp of Peanut butter. Its really quite good and covers both the protein and the fats.[/quote]

agreed. it’s fast. it tastes good.

If i could stomach cottage cheese id already be consuming it. Its about the one food i just get down!