Fats For P + F Meals

I’m confused as to which fats i should be including in my P+F meals. As of right now I am eating my P+F meals later on in the day. I have my PW shake at about 5pm, and at 7pm i eat a lean protein source along with veggies covered in extra virgin olive oil.

I have a shake with milled flax seed in it at 9pm. Then before i go to sleep (around 11 30) i’ll have fat free cottage cheese and a whey protein shake with olive oil in it. Then i’ll wake up at 4am and have a whey shake with virgin olive oil in it.

What other sources of good fats should i be incorporating, and should i start putting flax oil on my veggies instead of the olive oil? I’m kind of lost. are my omega 3-6 ratios all out of wack, and if so how do i fix it? I trying to bulk by the way. All help and comments are greatly appreciated.

[quote]pheen11 wrote:
I’m confused as to which fats i should be including in my P+F meals. As of right now I am eating my P+F meals later on in the day. I have my PW shake at about 5pm, and at 7pm i eat a lean protein source along with veggies covered in extra virgin olive oil.

I have a shake with milled flax seed in it at 9pm. Then before i go to sleep (around 11 30) i’ll have fat free cottage cheese and a whey protein shake with olive oil in it. Then i’ll wake up at 4am and have a whey shake with virgin olive oil in it.

What other sources of good fats should i be incorporating, and should i start putting flax oil on my veggies instead of the olive oil? I’m kind of lost. are my omega 3-6 ratios all out of wack, and if so how do i fix it? I trying to bulk by the way. All help and comments are greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Try nuts such as almonds and walnuts and fish like salmon rich in healthy fats and protein. Also Flameout would be ideal read up on it in the T-Nation store.

D

also eggs, olive oil, fats from lean meats, from dairy, avacado, coconut, those listed by the above poster are very high on the list, really any source aside from crap corn and soy oils that have been hydrogenated.

Phill

Thank you

Scoops of Natural Peanutbutter, handfuls of nuts, egg yolks, Flameout and the small amount of fats from semi-lean meats (97% lean ground beef, or ground chicken) make up the majority of the fats I eat for P&F meals.

It’s good to try and get about 1/3 of saturated, mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats, but I think just eating foods that contain 2-3 of those kinds of fats would work well without going insane trying to get exact numbers for each type.