Fatboij's Fat Loss Log

Starting Line:
27 YRS Old
Height: 6’4
Weight: 346 lbs.
Body Fat %: Not yet measured, but too much.

Measurements:
Coming soon…don’t have a big enough tape measure, go figure.

Long Term Goal: (For Now)

Achieve and maintain a body weight of 280 lbs.

Short Term Goal:

Lose 30 lbs. in the next two months.
Cardio atleast three times a week for 30 minutes.
Weight training three times a week.

Don’t know what else to put right now, I’m late for my first cardio session anyway.

Starting Point Picture

Today’s Workout:

20 Minutes cardio/10 Minutes HIIT

2X12 Circuit Style

Pushups/BW
Squats/BW
Shoulder Press/25lbs. DB ea.
Squats/BW
Curls/15lbs. DB ea.
Walking Lunges/BW
Cable Row/115 lbs.
Walking Lunges/BW
Situps/Obliques (15 Situps/15 right ob./15 left ob.)

Cardio wasn’t bad,but I feel extremely hungry after working out. No protein on hand, ate yogurt and downed some water.

No workout today.

I made it to the gym, which is hosted by my employer, and there wasn’t even standing room. Plus one of my fellow lady employees had so much perfume on I could barely breathe. Unfortunately, no “real” cardio, though I jumped rope for ten minutes following a 30 sec. active/30 sec. rest interval. Not too bad, but I think I may be too big to be jumping rope for now!

Good luck man!

What’s your diet looking like? And what did it look like before, assuming you’re in a caloric deficit now.

I think I would be lumped into the group known as “speed yo-yo dieters”, I will eat very well or “clean” for a few days then suddenly fall off of the wagon due to poor planning or poor self control. And it seems once I fall off the wagon, I will roll for Days!

As far as the diet goes for now, I think I’m going to transition slowly. Which, oddly enough, is the only way I have not approached diet. I’m going to concentrate on eating lots of veggies and staying away from all other carbs except some low GI fruit.

My mother is diabetic so I have a nice list printed out. Other than that, I really don’t have any other plans…Eat every 3 hours for five times a day.

Have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Good luck man!!, i’m triying to loose some fat too, at least 45 punds, it will be a long track, but we’ll make it to the end, just don quit.

Thanks man, best Biggest issues I’m facing are discipline with diet and the realization that it will not be a source of instant gratification.

[quote]fatboij wrote:
Thanks man, best Biggest issues I’m facing are discipline with diet and the realization that it will not be a source of instant gratification.[/quote]

no man, it’s mot instant, but i was thinking, i did’t acumulate 20kg of fat in 2 months, so it would be fool to think i’ll lose them on 2 months (would be great), but eventually they’ll be off me.

this is my training log

[quote]fatboij wrote:
Thanks man, best Biggest issues I’m facing are discipline with diet and the realization that it will not be a source of instant gratification.[/quote]

no man, it’s mot instant, but i was thinking, i did’t acumulate 20kg of fat in 2 months, so it would be fool to think i’ll lose them on 2 months (would be great), but eventually they’ll be off me.

this is my training log

Cardio for today.

45 minutes on the treadmill with the “weight loss” function selected.
Basically varies the grade on which you walk. The setting today was 2 to 3.5
at a speed of 2.5 for 5 minutes, 3 for 10 minutes, 3.5 for 25 minutes, and 2 for 5 minutes.

Burned 500 calories.

Unfortunately, I did not feel like I worked out. Which I was sorta looking forward to.

Cardio for May 18, 2009

30 minutes on the treadmill.
Weightloss Function (Varies the incline 2.0-3.5)
Speed of 2 for 2 min warm up.
Speed of 2.7 for remaning duration.

Exactly 310 calories burned.

Once again, not feeling excited about it or “working out” feeling.

I read Dan Johns’ article today and was hopefull. This “40” day workout plan seems to be right my alley as far as with dieting and wanting to maintain or increase strength, plus it is short term enough to know if it works or not for me, but I’m not overly concerned about that.

Todays numbers:

Warm up set of goblet squats with 50lb dumbbell for 10 reps

2X5 as perscribed

Deadlift at 225 lbs. (Wasn’t too difficult, but I definantly need to work on my grip. I kept pinching the skin on my hand.)

Bench Press 185 lbs. (Not difficult, however, I do not have a spotter at this point and time)

Row 115 lbs. (Not too difficult, though I definantly think my back needs work.)

Dumbbell Swing (No kettels available) 30 lbs. for 20 reps (Could have done more.)

Ab work (Don’t know what to do, no ab wheel available. Did not do ab work, not until I find out what to substitute. Guess I could use a towel and slick surface? Try that next time.)

Feeling good though!

Same as the day before, except I added 10 lbs. to each lift.

[quote]fatboij wrote:
Ab work (Don’t know what to do, no ab wheel available. Did not do ab work, not until I find out what to substitute. Guess I could use a towel and slick surface? Try that next time.)[/quote]

Try barbell rollouts:

Roll forward as far as you think you can, then pull yourself back while keeping your arms locked , and your spine straight, the entire time. The farther out you roll, the harder it will be.

[quote]
I read Dan Johns’ article today and was hopefull. This “40” day workout plan seems to be right my alley as far as with dieting and wanting to maintain or increase strength, plus it is short term enough to know if it works or not for me, but I’m not overly concerned about that.[/quote]

If you won’t have a consistent schedule to train at least five days a week, I wouldn’t try it. The program is entirely designed around that one concept.

See your “Bench Press” thread for my thoughts on this one.

With this exercise, if you can get more reps, get more reps. I do believe the 40-day program called for 20-50 reps. :wink:

Geez, if only you had a place where you could write down everything you ate for the day. :wink: At this point, I wouldn’t ever bother figuring out calories or macronutrient breakdown. Just record the item(s) eaten (including portion/quantity) and the time of day. That alone should shed some light on where we can make improvements.

I could say that whole “Rome built in a day” thing, but I’d rather remind you that, all due respect, you (most likely) didn’t become your current weight instantly, so you can’t rightly expect it to drop instantly.

That said, with smart, consistent nutrition and smart, consistent training, you can definitely drop some visually-significant weight in these next two months.

Another successful workout, added another 10 lbs to each lift, 20 lbs to bench. Cardio will be around 530 am right before I get off of work. Just depends on how busy the night is.

Thanks for you insight Chris, I’ll be sure to keep those things in mind. I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to post what I eat huh?