Fat to Fire / warm-up

In the Fat to Fire article Da Coach (I’m from Chicago!) recommends warming-up with 3 minute rounds of jumprope with one minute passive rest. He recommends a total warm-up time of 12 minutes. This may seem kind of like a dumb question but is that 3 X 3 min rounds with the one minute rest included or 4 X 3 min rounds without without the rest!

Skip 3 mins, 1 min active rest, repeat 3 times.

The 12 minutes is the total time that the warm-up will take, so stick with 3x3 min rounds with a minute of passive rest after each round.

Read Coach Davies Renegade Rope Training article. The total warm-up time of 12 minutes consists of 9 minutes of actual rope time and 3 1 minutes rests.

That would mean perform 3, 3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest between sets. Total time will be 12 minutes. I hope that helps. In faith, Coach Davies

Do three minutes of rope jumping followed by one minute of rest. Total set=4 minutes x 3 sets = 12 minutes total (including rest). Do it up my man!

i am alittle confused with your wording, but it is 3 mins of jump rope then 1 min PASSIVE rest then repeat 2 more times. that is 12 mins

WITH the rest, 3 x 3. By the way, I had to read it a couple of times myself…not a dumb question. =)

Jeez, I do these every day and you guys are confusing me!! Here it is, spelled out plainly:
Rope Skip for 3 minutes
Passive Rest for 1 minute
Rope Skip for 3 minutes
Rope Skip for 3 minutes

I hope that clears things up! :smiley:

Kali – great to see a fellow Chicagoan on the forum. Where do you train?