Fat Teenagers

its when overweight people started to become a majority instead of a minority that it became less of an issue. I was teased when I was in highschool for being overweight (at my worst I was 225lbs with no muscle what so ever) I was in a year level where most kids were skinny, not lean(except for a few)…Instead of bitching in my final year I did something about it(although what I was doing was pretty average(bench pressing with a 2inch rom etc). If i wasnt made fun of, I doubt I would have done anything about my weight.

Yeah a little part of me dies. When I meet girls I just knew a few years back that were fine as hell quickly pack it on quick in all the wrong places. Then still act as if they were still hot shit. I just look at them like wtf are you serious?

I am going to start a group home one day that is basically a farm. Regular, fat, unhappy foster care kids will be placed in an environment that their bodies are made for (under all that fat) and given something fun to do with all the time on their hands.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
Yeah a little part of me dies. When I meet girls I just knew a few years back that were fine as hell quickly pack it on quick in all the wrong places. Then still act as if they were still hot shit. I just look at them like wtf are you serious? [/quote]

best is it’s been that situation for me except now I’m bigger and leaner…the girls that used to turn me down or say we are friends…now think otherwise

There were always bitches in highschool that were fat and disgusting. They used to pick on Everyone, it was like a fat gang or something.

Then in college it seemed that fat chicks were ALWAYS designated Cock block for their hot friends…fucking ALWAYS

Yeah a little part of me dies. When I meet girls I just knew a few years back that were fine as hell quickly pack it on quick in all the wrong places. Then still act as if they were still hot shit. I just look at them like wtf are you serious? [/quote]

Happens to me all the time. I just let them know right of the bat.

Has anyone red the “My Letter to the Graduate’s of 2009” yet?
I’m actually graduating this year, and even though I don’t feel like i fall into any of those catogories, i probably do more or less. Thing is, I also know that the problems with the 09 class aren’t new. I know people 20 years older than me with the same problems, and they are making douche kids.

Anyway, it kind of mentioned the lack of exercise, so I thought I’d bring it up.

[quote]SeanParent wrote:
There were always bitches in highschool that were fat and disgusting. They used to pick on Everyone, it was like a fat gang or something.

Then in college it seemed that fat chicks were ALWAYS designated Cock block for their hot friends…fucking ALWAYS[/quote]

If they’re not getting any, NO ONE will. This is under the guise of “helping/protecting their friends.”
This is also why I’m the greatest “wingman” on the face of the planet. A couple beers and I’ll (sweet)talk/dance with the fat chick so my friend can go on about his business with miss hottie. One day my payment will come…

I remember in high school Bugle Boy jeans were in style, everyone had to have a pair or 5. I wore 38X34 but bugle boy didn’t make jeans in 38’s, I had to lose weight to get into those jeans. I’ve seen Levi’s in size 50 at Kohl’s, not even in the big and tall section, sad.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:
Shit, if I could lose 100lbs at age 15, so can they!

thats crazy you had 100 pounds to lose at age 15. but good job.

I would ask how parents allow someone to need to lose 100lbs at the age of 15.

fat parents breed fat kids

i think a kid with fat/obese parents has like a 50-75% chance of being obese themselves.

it makes sense though

if your parents were 2 athletes you would probably be an overall healthier person. since they understand the benefits of an active lifestyle they would have you more into sports which would keep your weight down and also probaly not have you eating so much candy.

whereas parents ignorant to these things will pass down their ignorance.

im willing to bet obesity is higher in poorer communities also.

more so i think that culturally Americans are becoming more tolerant of obesity. America is always preaching about tolerance and by no means am i saying this is the main cause but i do believe that it just makes people more comfortable being the way they are if they dont hear catch any flak for it.

That’s all fine and well, but we have created a society that mocks and throws insults at really muscular people but now somehow tolerates to an extreme degree those who let themselves go and gain 100lbs of fat.

I will hate to see this country if that trend continues to its ultimate end. With current medical advances, really obese people can now outlive some of the people working out everyday. They may not be well, but they will still be walking around.[/quote]

The fucked up thing is, it’s ok in the social sence to make fun of bodybuilders. Not ok to make fun of fat people though. No wonder I dislike the majority of the population.

It’s just as bad if a girl with good curves becomes a cardio bunny and loses her ass and tits.

I dont see the problem as one that the individual is at fault, but rather western society as a whole.

Most of us live in affluent nations where food is just a drive (or walk to the kitchen) away and a weekend pizza binge barely dents the wallet. And on top of that, fast healthy food doesnt seem to exist anymore outside of ‘our’ refrigerators. Quite contrasting to our hunter-gatherer days.

Is this really a problem though? After all, why should it bother us? They choose to live their lives the way they do, and we live our lives. As long as everyone is happy with themselves then that is all that matters.

If anything, being fit and in shape just sets us further apart from our obese peers.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:
Shit, if I could lose 100lbs at age 15, so can they!

thats crazy you had 100 pounds to lose at age 15. but good job.

I would have been better off losing 50lbs honestly. I became underweight, but it was really just a psychological response to being fat and picked on my whole childhood. I didn’t know better and there’s a whole lot I would have done different in hindsight. I just ate carrot sticks, string cheese and yogurt and ran laps every night. Took me 8 months and I lost any muscle that I had. Live and learn, I guess. [/quote]

me too. I started as a skinny fat dude. I began to starve myself and I was running 2 times 5 or 10 km per day. When I stopped my 5km record was 16:23min. I was 158 pounds 6 feet tall. Then I trained for 1 year at a local commercial gym, did not progress at all then I discovered T-Nation 11months ago.

[quote]SonnabenD wrote:
I dont see the problem as one that the individual is at fault, but rather western society as a whole.

Most of us live in affluent nations where food is just a drive (or walk to the kitchen) away and a weekend pizza binge barely dents the wallet. And on top of that, fast healthy food doesnt seem to exist anymore outside of ‘our’ refrigerators. Quite contrasting to our hunter-gatherer days.

Is this really a problem though? After all, why should it bother us? They choose to live their lives the way they do, and we live our lives. As long as everyone is happy with themselves then that is all that matters.

If anything, being fit and in shape just sets us further apart from our obese peers. [/quote]

it should bother you because it is not just as an eye sore but a poor reflection of our society.

these are the people youre going to have to interact with more often than not due to them being the majority, or pretty close to it now.

sorry if i fear for the human species.

I could see it coming out of Target but Forever21? Welcome to America, land of the morbidly obese.

When I was in high school, we had cheerleaders who were heavier than most football players. One day they were punished for some stupid shit, and had to run a lap around the track. They didn’t even make it half way before they nearly died. We would moo and yell “Beast!” when they walked together in herds.

This is good news for bodybuilders,who have this dirty secret of often being overweight BMI wise. All big people are the same after all. Bodybuilders look like fat people with clothes on anyway. (sarcasm)

[quote]Alffi wrote:
This is good news for bodybuilders,who have this dirty secret of often being overweight BMI wise. All big people are the same after all. Bodybuilders look like fat people with clothes on anyway. (sarcasm)[/quote]

Way off mate. There’s a big difference physique-wise when I waddle to the tray of meatloaf the Hometown Trough wearing my XL (soon XXL boys, soon) faded Nike Tee than my 5’10 “normal American” countepart of the same weight.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
When I was in high school, we had cheerleaders who were heavier than most football players. One day they were punished for some stupid shit, and had to run a lap around the track. They didn’t even make it half way before they nearly died. We would moo and yell “Beast!” when they walked together in herds. [/quote]

Well done.

It takes a really big man to torment teenage girls that way.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Alffi wrote:
This is good news for bodybuilders,who have this dirty secret of often being overweight BMI wise. All big people are the same after all. Bodybuilders look like fat people with clothes on anyway. (sarcasm)

Way off mate. There’s a big difference physique-wise when I waddle to the tray of meatloaf the Hometown Trough wearing my XL (soon XXL boys, soon) faded Nike Tee than my 5’10 “normal American” countepart of the same weight. [/quote]

note the (sarcasm).

america is going to hell, we’re all gonna die, the world’s gonna end, oh what will we do?

it’s enough to make a guy turn to the hermit life. a couple hundred acres of woods and field, a large garage gym, and healthy game animal populations. an a garden full of delicious vegetables!

it’s a lot of work maintaining all that though… that’s where the overweight foster kids come in. you could even establish a town/community around health, strength, and hard work. maybe you could call it T-Nation?

[quote]Oleena wrote:
I am going to start a group home one day that is basically a farm. Regular, fat, unhappy foster care kids will be placed in an environment that their bodies are made for (under all that fat) and given something fun to do with all the time on their hands.
[/quote]

I am all about that. I’m going to go off and buy some land in Montana and farm and run an agrotourism operation/fat camp. I don’t see how people can be completely out of shape fat sacks of shit if there’s hay to make in the summer, stock cows to feed, water and move around and shit constantly needing maintained and repaired. Hell, my Grandma was in better shape from picking onions then half of the pant loads I see.

I think every kid should have to take care of a calf, lamb or laying hens but that’s a different story.

I asked someone in the gym the other day “Didn’t you ever bale hay as a kid?” and told them that’s how hard they need to be working. I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question, but I must be from Mars or something.