T Nation

Fat Teenagers

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
Shit, if I could lose 100lbs at age 15, so can they! [/quote]

thats crazy you had 100 pounds to lose at age 15. but good job.

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:
I can’t bitch too much. Fat ass little girls have increased my clothing options. My girlfriend and I found some kick ass bathing suits in the kid’s section that fit us, and she got the cutest pair of board shorts.

Little girl clothes are getting bigger and bigger but they’re still really cheap. It’s sad that we don’t even have to wear the largest sizes, but not much I can do about that. It’s nice that I won’t have to worry about being upstaged by younger women as I get older, since they’re all fat as hell.[/quote]

You are absolutely right. I fit kids underwear and swimsuits. There’s no provincial tax on kids clothes.

I get a bitchy monologue in my head when clothes shopping when the girls sales staff are twice my size and I’m more than 20 years older.

Went to the Ontario science centre a couple of years ago with my son and my niece. Holy fuck…I felt like a minority.Seemed like every kid was fat.Went to the cafateria and couldn’t even finish my lunch.If it wasn’t for hockey being required by law to learn to play lol(at least when I was a kid) it would hopeless.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:
Shit, if I could lose 100lbs at age 15, so can they!

thats crazy you had 100 pounds to lose at age 15. but good job.[/quote]

I would ask how parents allow someone to need to lose 100lbs at the age of 15.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

[/quote]

I have come to the conclusion that they just don’t give a shit. They simply do not love their children, or even care about them enough to try not to murder them. I think a lot of parents feed their kids garbage, so they can eat off their plates.

They don’t care if their kid dies or lives a shitty life full of medical problems, as long as they can have an excuse to eat chicken nuggets every friggin’ day.

LiveFromThe781 wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

[/quote]

Because it takes effort to be a parent who gives a shit and is not afraid to accept that sometimes your kid is gonna hate your guts and trust yourself that they will get over it.

LiveFromThe781 wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

[/quote]

fat parents breed fat kids

i think a kid with fat/obese parents has like a 50-75% chance of being obese themselves.

it makes sense though

if your parents were 2 athletes you would probably be an overall healthier person. since they understand the benefits of an active lifestyle they would have you more into sports which would keep your weight down and also probaly not have you eating so much candy.

whereas parents ignorant to these things will pass down their ignorance.

im willing to bet obesity is higher in poorer communities also.

more so i think that culturally Americans are becoming more tolerant of obesity. America is always preaching about tolerance and by no means am i saying this is the main cause but i do believe that it just makes people more comfortable being the way they are if they dont hear catch any flak for it.

abcd1234-JOB WELL DONE

Professor X wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

i think a kid with fat/obese parents has like a 50-75% chance of being obese themselves.

it makes sense though

if your parents were 2 athletes you would probably be an overall healthier person. since they understand the benefits of an active lifestyle they would have you more into sports which would keep your weight down and also probaly not have you eating so much candy.

more so i think that culturally Americans are becoming more tolerant of obesity. America is always preaching about tolerance and by no means am i saying this is the main cause but i do believe that it just makes people more comfortable being the way they are if they dont hear catch any flak for it. [/quote]

That’s all fine and well, but we have created a society that mocks and throws insults at really muscular people but now somehow tolerates to an extreme degree those who let themselves go and gain 100lbs of fat.

I will hate to see this country if that trend continues to its ultimate end. With current medical advances, really obese people can now outlive some of the people working out everyday. They may not be well, but they will still be walking around.

Livefromthe781-I agree. Ignorance is the cause. Sadly these people keep breeding. You wrote all that in the time it took me to write 3 words. I’m going to buy a typing program.

LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

it makes sense though

more so i think that culturally Americans are becoming more tolerant of obesity. America is always preaching about tolerance and by no means am i saying this is the main cause but i do believe that it just makes people more comfortable being the way they are if they dont hear catch any flak for it.

That’s all fine and well, but we have created a society that mocks and throws insults at really muscular people but now somehow tolerates to an extreme degree those who let themselves go and gain 100lbs of fat.

I will hate to see this country if that trend continues to its ultimate end. With current medical advances, really obese people can now outlive some of the people working out everyday. They may not be well, but they will still be walking around.[/quote]

indeed the growing obesity and our growing bio-tech both provide for some interesting questions. however i feel we’d be getting kind of tangent here if we started discussing that.

anyone who isnt norm will always be looked at as just that, doesnt matter if you think youre the epitome of health and fitness or anything. thats something you have to willingly know and accept if youre going to get into bodybuilding because never will a sport in which you have to work as hard as you do in bodybuilding ever sweep the world. mainly cause there arent enough accesories. you can buy a wallet chain, and get a new haircut and suddenly you can be a punk rocker or a skateboarder without really doing anything, but you cant be a bodybuilder without investing years into it and trends dont last that long anyway.

moving on, i think the best thing we can do is education. educated people are flat out healthier than those who arent. http://www.macfound.org/site/c.lkLXJ8MQKrH/b.951947/k.11B4/Research_Networks__Socioeconomic_Status_and_Health.htm

so its not so hard to see that why America, which has some of the worst schooling in the world considering our economic status (Czechoslovakia scores higher than us on an international high school test) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx4pN-aiofw (starts at 5:37) also has so many unhealthy (read obese) people.

bottom line is; we bring up the schools, we’ll bring down the scales.

Most parents are lazy and short-sighted. They tend to use fast food as a reward, as well, which is a serious psychological impediment to a healthy diet later in life.

Live, I agree. That was a well thought-out post. If you had capitalized correctly, I would have been forced to assume that you had been replaced by a pod person.

[quote]tom8658 wrote:
Live, I agree. That was a well thought-out post. If you had capitalized correctly, I would have been forced to assume that you had been replaced by a pod person.[/quote]

This.

Learn how to type.

LiveFromThe781 wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

[/quote]

shit, I was 110 lbs at the time probably

[quote]tom8658 wrote:
Most parents are lazy and short-sighted. They tend to use fast food as a reward, as well, which is a serious psychological impediment to a healthy diet later in life.

Live, I agree. That was a well thought-out post. If you had capitalized correctly, I would have been forced to assume that you had been replaced by a pod person.[/quote]

yeah…when you have to write everything in MLA format you get used to having to actually back up what you say with a link to a study or something.

plus i take a course in psychology that basically deals with the everyday crisis’ people face during various stages of life and also S.E.S. (social-economic status) and its effects on human growth and development (which is the name of the course) its a pretty helpful course in figuring out why the world is the way it is.

as for capitalization - its really not my thing.

tom8658 wrote:

Live, I agree. That was a well thought-out post. If you had capitalized correctly, I would have been forced to assume that you had been replaced by a pod person.

yeah…when you have to write everything in MLA format you get used to having to actually back up what you say with a link to a study or something.

plus i take a course in psychology that basically deals with the everyday crisis’ people face during various stages of life and also S.E.S. (social-economic status) and its effects on human growth and development (which is the name of the course) its a pretty helpful course in figuring out why the world is the way it is.

as for capitalization - its really not my thing.[/quote]

You’re more into getting ladies purses back, right?

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
tom8658 wrote:

as for capitalization - its really not my thing.

You’re more into getting ladies purses back, right?

[/quote]

'zactly

abcd1234 wrote:

thats crazy you had 100 pounds to lose at age 15. but good job.[/quote]

I would have been better off losing 50lbs honestly. I became underweight, but it was really just a psychological response to being fat and picked on my whole childhood. I didn’t know better and there’s a whole lot I would have done different in hindsight. I just ate carrot sticks, string cheese and yogurt and ran laps every night. Took me 8 months and I lost any muscle that I had. Live and learn, I guess.

yeah i know a guy like that.

he showed me his old drivers license and he used to be a solid 300 pounds.

he’s pretty skinny now though. goes to the gym for like 2hrs a day twice a day.

he’s obsessed with being skinny , yada yada.

everyone with some sense thinks he looks bad but he lifts with 2 other kids who used to be 300+ so there arent a lot of people to tell him otherwise.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
dont hate on me I have a glandular problem![/quote]

Saliva???