T Nation

Fat Supplementing

I notice as lot of you supplement with flaxseed oil (1 tbs in the am and i in the pm). What are some other experiences with supplementing fats? Olive oil?

Thanks!

[quote]husker29 wrote:
I notice as lot of you supplement with flaxseed oil (1 tbs in the am and i in the pm). What are some other experiences with supplementing fats? Olive oil?

Thanks![/quote]

You have to keep in mind that when one uses fat supplements, it is primarily for a source of healthy fats, with a focus on omega-3’s, not for fat itself. Flaxseed is in the vacinity of 50-60% omega-3 fats, and products such as fish-oil are loaded with EPA and DHA. Olive oil also contains many healthy fats, but as far as i have seen is not considered a very potent source - though it works good for cooking foods in.

Along with what AKA said, this might be of some help to you. . .

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=496290

Here’s where the majority of the fats in my diet come from: beef, eggs, cheese, fish oil, salmon, flax, olive oil, natural peanut butter, and a variety of nuts.

I do my best to maintain the balanced ratio of fats. I’ve found that rotating my P+F meals by having a mostly saturated, a mostly poly, and a mostly mono. Just a simple way for me to get the optimal amount of each fat, without too much thinking. :wink: