T Nation

Fat Studies?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/28/features/studies.php

From the Article

"Proponents of fat studies see it as the sister subject - and it is most often women promoting the study, many of whom are lesbian activists - to women's studies, queer studies, disability studies and ethnic studies. In many of its permutations, then, it is the study of a people its supporters believe are victims of prejudice, stereotypes and oppression by mainstream society."

So, can one earn a PhD in Fat Studies now?

This must be another sign.

This part upsets me the most. For fat people to compare their trials and tribulations to what african americans had/have to deal with is disgusting.

"Susan Koppelman, a retired professor of women's studies and editor of "The Strange History of Suzanne LaFleshe," a collection of essays on body politics, likened it to the other social and political movements of the last century.

"How far back does the black civil rights movement go in America before we have a field called African-American studies?" Koppelman said. "The academic world, like the American government, has a system of checks and balances that makes change very slow to happen."

Exactly. You can't control being black (unless your name is Michael Jackson) but you can control how fat you are.

When was the last fat lynching? Separate water fountains for the obese?

They should have a separate buffet line though. I get sick of getting run over.

It's simple physics man. When the circumference of your head is smaller than the circumference of your neck, you can't be hanged. You just slip right through. As for the bubblers, it's only a matter of time before mountain dew is plumbed into homes and public places. Or maybe gravy.

they need their own sections in Airplanes

Well, if you put them all in the back of the plane, couldn't the weight cause the rear portion of the plane to become lower than the front of the plane?

Baggage hold.

Hey, it would make it easier to get the nose up to take off. Maybe you're onto something.

Where would all the luggage go?

Up in their seats. It would fit easier.

Notice this movement does not address what can done to help fat people deal with themselves and their fatness, but to help everyone else deal with their fatness. I guess it is easier to make everyone accept your fatness than to stop being fat.

Hmm... Makes sense to me.

brucevangeorge, make it happen.

But its a psychological disease!!

They need therapy! They see themselves as TOO THIN.

And I'm sure there would be alot less luggage. I'm willing to bet that there is more fat than luggage on a jetliner.