'Fat Rights'

[quote]Love2Lift wrote:
I’d rather hire a non-smoking fatty, than a fucking SMOKER who has to take a friggin’ butt break every 5 minutes. [/quote]

At least they’d be thin.

ill save the world.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

There was a woman in Petersburg VA, who got to 1200 pounds. Story was her house caught on fire in the middle of the night and she woke up and jumped out of the window to save herself. Her children died in the fire and naturally she was devastated and blamed herself. So she never left the house until she had gained 1100 pounds. She finally got help and has lost at least half of that.

I’m not making excuses for the morbidly obese, however I don’t see how anyone could allow themselves to get 500+ pounds and not be seriously fucked up in the head. But the really fucked up fatties are the outspoken ones who push for ‘Fat Rights’ and claim that being fat is normal or sexy or anything else. They know they’re fucked up and don’t pretend otherwise.[/quote]

I can’t believe someone would jump out a window without saving their childern first. Then get so self absorbed with their guilt that they indulge in food to the point of disgust. I would classify that as a self imposed mental problem that can be cured just like obesity. I guess the first part pretty much defined her character however, gets zero sympathy from me.

Fatness is a disability?

The truffle shuffle became a lot less funny.

[quote]streamline wrote:
I can’t believe someone would jump out a window without saving their childern first. Then get so self absorbed with their guilt that they indulge in food to the point of disgust. I would classify that as a self imposed mental problem that can be cured just like obesity. I guess the first part pretty much defined her character however, gets zero sympathy from me.[/quote]

I’m not saying she deserves sympathy, but if you woke up in the middle of the night and your room was full of smoke and the bedroom door was too hot to touch, let alone open, you might have jumped out of the window and tried to get help too. Shit happens, and there but for the grace of God go I.

[quote]Ujjay wrote:
Fatness is a disability?

The truffle shuffle became a lot more funny.[/quote]

Fixed it for you.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Love2Lift wrote:
I’d rather hire a non-smoking fatty, than a fucking SMOKER who has to take a friggin’ butt break every 5 minutes.

At least they’d be thin. [/quote]

I disagree, most smokers can handle not smoking during their alloted hours, and work just as hard as non smokers. The obiese, as a whole, are slower, weaker, less able workers.

I work with smokers, fatties, and fat smokers. Most will go crazy without the smoke break and the twinkie/cola breaks. Most are fairly worthless and seldom pay enough attention to the tasks at hand. Maybe you got lucky and work with a smoker who can concentrate better than most. I have often dreamed of being able to order mouths wired shut on the fatties, because they come off as being weak minded and subject to natural selection if left alone without money for food.

Being in the military, I will often use the fatties as dead weight to train others on emergency evacuations by having one smaller person move the fatty without assistance while being pressured and screamed at for the stress effect. Normally, people get pissed at the fatty for being really heavy. It’s awesome!! I’m a sick bastard and wish all the bad things in the world on people who become fat through negligence, apathy, and lack of self-respect. I think nearly every case of fatness is avoidable, with very few exceptions and justifies all bad things associated with being fat, including open-hunting seasons where fat people are chased by cripples.

Hey, what good are you if a one-legged man can chase you down with a knife and cut you up? Maybe fatasses should be banned from driving, thus increasing our available oil supplies while forcing weight loss through pedestrian traffic and the realization that being fat SUCKS! Drop fat people into deep canyons and force them to find their way out. After an experience like that, people will never forget that walking that far up a steep canyon with too much excess baggage.

Make people regret every fucking donut, fried chicken finger, and cola that they ever consumed!! Make every butterfinger bar burn their flabby fat asses! To hell with fat people! Die! Die! Die Fatty!!!

(Yeah, I have issues)

[quote]djoh615893 wrote:
I work with smokers, fatties, and fat smokers. Most will go crazy without the smoke break and the twinkie/cola breaks. Most are fairly worthless and seldom pay enough attention to the tasks at hand. Maybe you got lucky and work with a smoker who can concentrate better than most. I have often dreamed of being able to order mouths wired shut on the fatties, because they come off as being weak minded and subject to natural selection if left alone without money for food.

Being in the military, I will often use the fatties as dead weight to train others on emergency evacuations by having one smaller person move the fatty without assistance while being pressured and screamed at for the stress effect. Normally, people get pissed at the fatty for being really heavy. It’s awesome!! I’m a sick bastard and wish all the bad things in the world on people who become fat through negligence, apathy, and lack of self-respect. I think nearly every case of fatness is avoidable, with very few exceptions and justifies all bad things associated with being fat, including open-hunting seasons where fat people are chased by cripples.

Hey, what good are you if a one-legged man can chase you down with a knife and cut you up? Maybe fatasses should be banned from driving, thus increasing our available oil supplies while forcing weight loss through pedestrian traffic and the realization that being fat SUCKS! Drop fat people into deep canyons and force them to find their way out. After an experience like that, people will never forget that walking that far up a steep canyon with too much excess baggage.

Make people regret every fucking donut, fried chicken finger, and cola that they ever consumed!! Make every butterfinger bar burn their flabby fat asses! To hell with fat people! Die! Die! Die Fatty!!!

(Yeah, I have issues)[/quote]

I think your avatar exlains you.

[quote]djoh615893 wrote:
(Yeah, I have issues)[/quote]

yep

Wow. That’s a lot of hate for one thread.

Since everyone else is spouting off, I guess I will too. Some random thoughts on the issue:

Fat people are not lazy. They are not stupid, weak or lacking in discipline any more than the rest of us. They are regular people who are fat. If you are not fat, then be thankful that the manner in which you are fucked up–and you are fucked up, we all are–is not so publicly apparent and universally reviled.

I told a colleague of mine the other day that if I had to choose between fatness and alcoholism, I’d choose to be an alcoholic–it’s more socially acceptable. People will line up to pat you on the back for having the courage to fight your “disease.” Become fat though, and you’re just a–well, just read the other posts in this thread.

Are fat people really less healthy? Certainly there are statistical correlations that seem to point to that, but there are studies that also indicate that a certain amount of fatness can be protective against disease as well. More interestingly, there are people who are perfectly fit in any objectively measurable way, but who carry a significant amount of fat. There are thin people with low cholesterol and horribly clogged arteries. Is fatness really a reliable predictor of health for the individual, and this leads to the next issue…

What is fat anyway? Are we making a distinction between people who are 20% over ideal body weight vs. the morbidly obese? I bet if we really tried to come to consensus on a definition for “fat,” we wouldn’t.

Does a fat person really drive up health care costs? There are studies coming out that say the exact opposite. The common conclusion being that leaner people tend to live longer, long enough to get really sick and need lots and lots of care that costs lots and lots of money. Fat people seem to cost more in the short run, but a lot less in the long run. So if you’re a hardcore economics based anti-fat person, you may need to adjust your position on this and decide if you’re more anti-fat or more anti-irresponsible social cost.

It seems the only people left whom it is socially acceptable to hate are fat people and atheists. If you’re a fat atheist–look out.

[quote]bino wrote:

Does a fat person really drive up health care costs? There are studies coming out that say the exact opposite. The common conclusion being that leaner people tend to live longer, long enough to get really sick and need lots and lots of care that costs lots and lots of money. Fat people seem to cost more in the short run, but a lot less in the long run. So if you’re a hardcore economics based anti-fat person, you may need to adjust your position on this and decide if you’re more anti-fat or more anti-irresponsible social cost.

It seems the only people left whom it is socially acceptable to hate are fat people and atheists. If you’re a fat atheist–look out.

[/quote]

for every fat person that dies, there is another to take their place in the healthcare system. Would you rather your tax dollars (unjustifiably, paying for other’s healthcare is ludicrus)be spent on teh healthy individual who ends up with a sickness randomly or genetically they had no control over, or the fat piece of shit who never changed regaurdless of the obvious consequences.

In my line of work it seems, for the most part, that the fatties are the ones most likely to cause or create a problem. I don’t know why that is, though I obviously have my suspicions. Those fuckers made me neurotic and spiteful in the process, obviously. When I go grocery shopping there never fails to be a fatass or a family of fatasses clogging an isle or main walkway while completely disregarding the hundreds of other people trying to get in and out of that store.

Same goes for shopping centers, where many people are trying to get their shit and move on with their day while a few fatasses move down the center of the walkway not giving any fucking courtesy to everyone else. To me, most of them are schlepping rocks for everyone else to drag around in life, support, and pretend to give a shit about. I wish my tax dollars were not spent on someone who willfully put themselves into a welfare hospital by being grossly overweight and diseased.

For more info, check out www.fantasyfeeder.com and read some posts by people who have a goal to become hospitalized and bedridden by their fat. Oh, and don’t miss the one where a woman is licking mayonnaise from a spatula in her effort to pack on hundreds of extra pounds for that free meal ticket.

These people are completely delusional, the problem isn’t the “genes”, it’s the “jeans”.

Why is obesity so rampant in the United States but not the rest of the world: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Bmi30chart.png

Food shortages? Nope.
Magical diet pills? Nope.

Even the word “fat” is offensive to many, shall we refer to them as “gastronomically inept”?

Organizations like NAAFA go FAR above and beyond basic anti-discrimination stuff, they demand the rest of society accommodate their reckless decisions.

Absolutely disgusting.

[quote]bino wrote:
Wow. That’s a lot of hate for one thread.

Since everyone else is spouting off, I guess I will too. Some random thoughts on the issue:

Fat people are not lazy. They are not stupid, weak or lacking in discipline any more than the rest of us. They are regular people who are fat. If you are not fat, then be thankful that the manner in which you are fucked up–and you are fucked up, we all are–is not so publicly apparent and universally reviled.

I told a colleague of mine the other day that if I had to choose between fatness and alcoholism, I’d choose to be an alcoholic–it’s more socially acceptable. People will line up to pat you on the back for having the courage to fight your “disease.” Become fat though, and you’re just a–well, just read the other posts in this thread.

Are fat people really less healthy? Certainly there are statistical correlations that seem to point to that, but there are studies that also indicate that a certain amount of fatness can be protective against disease as well. More interestingly, there are people who are perfectly fit in any objectively measurable way, but who carry a significant amount of fat. There are thin people with low cholesterol and horribly clogged arteries. Is fatness really a reliable predictor of health for the individual, and this leads to the next issue…

What is fat anyway? Are we making a distinction between people who are 20% over ideal body weight vs. the morbidly obese? I bet if we really tried to come to consensus on a definition for “fat,” we wouldn’t.

[/quote]

Outstanding post.

Having had an obese father who died at 57 from a heart attack, I can relate to the disgust and anger at fat people. Many of these people have just given up and the ones rationalizing it are just trying to deal with something they feel they have no control over. It doesn’t change who the person is or the contributions they can make.

I guess I can thank my dad for the anger I had for him for letting himself die. It has driven me to ensure that my family and I live a healthy lifestyle. Sure fucks with my life insurance premiums though.

Oh, and my dad was a fat agnostic.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
While this does disgust me to a degree, it also is worth taking a different look at. I know several very large bodybuilders (some on this site, too) who have had trouble getting affordable health insurance due soley to the fact that they weight 240+ lbs, regardless of composition.

thats a good point. i think theres a huuuuuuge difference between being a 240 professional (or even amateur) bodybuilder versus being a 240lb slob. youll also notice that while both groups (the slobs and the BBers) have had to do tremendous work to reach that weight and size, only the slob complains that he cant fit into normal size things. At least the bodybuilder understands he has made this choice and takes the good and bad. and yes, if youve eaten yourself up to 300lbs god damn it you made that choice, you can see that you have a problem and its your fault for nto being proactive about it.

why do fat people think they have rights like that? you arent born that way and it wasnt an accident that made you that way, you consciously did it. i hear that they try to say “well its a psychological thing…” bullshit. theres probaly one in a million people who honestly have some kind of condition that drives them to eat and eat and eat to the point where they would need professional help. even then if you can realize that you have a disorder or whatever you may call it to the point where you want the world to cry for you, then you are also capable of seeking proactive treatment. its that fucking simple. so fuck you all you fat bastards who have sued micdonalds and want everyone to feel bad for you. fuck off, you miserable cunts.[/quote]

Wow…people like you need to pretty much keep the trap shut more so than the obese people in the world. While a lot of obese people I’ve encountered do make excuses and such, at least they’re not overtly rude, ignorant, and offensive. And yes, sometimes mental issues do play a part in obesity, as I myself struggle with depression, and during some of my bouts, I’ve found myself eating a lot more out of compulsion and comfort. I, unlike the subject of this discussion, recognized that I needed to fix that. That’s why I am in therapy. Coming from a family where drug and alcohol abuse, as well as obesity is prevalent, I refuse to let myself go that badly. Not everyone is going to have the same degree of motivation/dedication/whathaveyou as I or most others. I don’t agree with “Fat Rights” however, I’m not going to be offensive about my stance, either.

[quote]christine wrote:
Khronos wrote:
hungry4more wrote:
I can’t even describe the disgust I feel whenever people write stuff like this defending fat people as if they have their own race.

I don’t find “fatness” appealing in an aesthetic sense but I don’t see where that gives me the right to ridicule someone for being fat. Far too often people make jokes regarding fat people in an effort of self-aggrandizement.

I can’t speak for hungry4more, but I interpreted his post to be that the disgust is with the people who attempt to equalize being fat (A CHOICE) with being born black, or gay, or blind… etc.[/quote]

Umm…I never knew being Black was on the same level as being gay/blind/“special”. I see where you are coming from, however, I would choose my words a bit more carefully.
And yes, I’m in a very combative mood this morning!!! Insomnia is a bitch, and so is not getting paid right!!! LOL

Wow, some pretty hateful threads… but that’s fine by me. I don’t “Hate” fat people, but I could care less for the ones that don’t try to change.

I’ve come across a lot of fat people since I started training, and I’d say maybe 2 out of 10 had circumstances beyond their control (surgery, pregnancy, injury, serious life issues) and were serious about losing the weight. The other 8 out of 10 are just lazy. Fucking lazy. A lot of them are looking at personal training as another infomercial quick fix, they don’t realize that they are going to have to do some work and eat better. I had a client who I saw 3x a week at 40 bucks a session, and she told me she wasn’t going to quit smoking or stop eating the way she does. If I were paying 120 a week I would do what they guy says.

My friend trains a lady right now who got a program from another trainer somewhere, pretty much it’s just a circuit course on some Precor machines. She doesn’t want him to do anything, just follow her around and adjust the seat and weight for her. She’s hella-overweight and is trying to do “just enough” to keep her alive.

Anyways, it comes down to self-respect. Our bodies are one of the few things that are ours. Have some respect for yourself.

O, and another thing. If you want to be fat, fine, but why drag your kids into your hell? I can’t stand going to the grocery store or wal-mart or wherever and seeing 2 fat ass parents with 4 fat ass kids. I was at Panera getting some lunch the other day, and the lady in front of me was obese, with 2 fat kids approx. 12 y/o. The kids each were getting 3 giant ass chocolate chip cookies and a large chocolate milk. I wanted to smack the tray out of their hands and punch a peice of wheat bread into their mouths.

That’s all.

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Stronghold wrote:

Wow…people like you need to pretty much keep the trap shut more so than the obese people in the world. While a lot of obese people I’ve encountered do make excuses and such, at least they’re not overtly rude, ignorant, and offensive. And yes, sometimes mental issues do play a part in obesity, as I myself struggle with depression, and during some of my bouts, I’ve found myself eating a lot more out of compulsion and comfort. I, unlike the subject of this discussion, recognized that I needed to fix that. That’s why I am in therapy. Coming from a family where drug and alcohol abuse, as well as obesity is prevalent, I refuse to let myself go that badly. Not everyone is going to have the same degree of motivation/dedication/whathaveyou as I or most others. I don’t agree with “Fat Rights” however, I’m not going to be offensive about my stance, either.

[/quote]

blow me. im not going to sugar coat everything so you dont get you feelings hurt. its so rediculous that people can even form thought trains like this to defend fat people. this shit is going too far. everyone who has failed wants some kind of excuse so they dont have to feel bad and can mask their failure with a false sense of acceptance. my god, you ate your fucking face off…why should i feel sorry for you at all? i hope they have a fat-rights rally here or something so i can go there with signs of starving children. im not trying to come off as coarse or whatever, but seriously, when theres people making rediculous requests like wanting obesisty to have its own set of “rights” im not going to take to that kindly.

life is what you make of it. make solutions, not excuses. remember that shit, and motivate yourself to be someone.

this is a bodybuilding website. bodybuilding is the epitome of discipline, hardwork, and dedication. dont bring this shit here and expect any sympathy whatsoever.

In the UK a few years ago obesity cost 2.5 billion a yera, with physical inactivity costing over 8 billion a year. I presume the figures for the USA are even higher.