Fat Question

I want to raise my fat intake and I want to know what you guys think about medium ground beef?

the nutrition facts sounds like a winner to me,

1/2 cup = 250cal
19fat (7saturated 1trans)
19protein

but is it considered good fat? because its really cheap and since I’m a student that would be prefect, sure I’m not just going to eat ground beef, but I would eat it alot…

and what about that evil 1g of trans fat?

If you want to raise your fat intake, raise it with the GOOD fats, like flaxseed oil, olive oil, “oily” fish like salmon and tuna, nuts and nut butters. Ditch the hamburger fat and get lean cuts of beef when they go on sale at your market.

Even a “poor” college student can eat clean, if you plan and buy wisely. I know it takes some work and time, but if my kids could do it, anyone can!

Nothing wrong with Ground beef at all those are good fast only 7 of the 19 being sats which ARE NOT BAD and the rest being primarily MUFA’s

Phill

Hamburger fat is fine in moderation, but find some kind of hamburger that does not have trans fats in it. Cows do not hydrogenate themselves in the fields.

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
Hamburger fat is fine in moderation, but find some kind of hamburger that does not have trans fats in it. Cows do not hydrogenate themselves in the fields.[/quote]

Like Phill says most of the fat in beef is not that bad. The highest amount is oleic acid a mono fat, the same kind of fat as olive oil. And the saturated is mostly stearic acid, again a good saturated fat.

The trans fats in beef are natural occuring (CLA) and is a damn good fat.

It’s all about moderation. The omega’s (n:3) should be your first concern, and if you don’t consume any, then that’s where I would start. Otherwise a mono like olive or avacado would be a good choice, and then saturated fats which includes coconut oil a MCFA that’s also pretty damn good for you.IMO.