T Nation

Fat/Protein in Thib's Get Ripped Diet?

Does anyone who’s been following that thread know if he gave a rough recommendation for the percentage of calories that he thinks should come from fat and protein on a ketogenic diet like the one he is doing? I didn’t see it anywhere, but I don’t want to bother him with that question if it’s already been asked and answered.

I can tell you he doesn’t have his fat as high as the AD. So he has more protein and less fat than the AD. Carbs less than 30g per day.

And yes it’s in the thread somewhere, sorry I have to run out to a super bowl party or I’d find it for you.
bill

[quote]BillO21 wrote:
I can tell you he doesn’t have his fat as high as the AD. So he has more protein and less fat than the AD. Carbs less than 30g per day.

And yes it’s in the thread somewhere, sorry I have to run out to a super bowl party or I’d find it for you.
bill[/quote]

Thanks Bill. I’m headed out for the superbowl myself. But since it is there, I’ll comb through the thread again later.

For anyone who is interested, I went back to the thread. It’s 1.5g protein per lb bodyweight and .5 g fat per lb bodyweight. No more than 30g of carbs. I crunched the numbers and it comes to about 53-54% of calories from protein and about 40% from fat. The rest from carbs. I’m going to give this a go next time I seek to get really lean. Get Shredded worked great for me. But, while this is a pretty decent caloric deficit, you do get to eat a bit more than on Get Shredded. The fact that it is ketogenic I think will also mean you aren’t as hungry and are more satisfied.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1898266

This is his new thread which sounds like the one you are looking for, interesting read.