T Nation

Fat People Arent Fooling Anyone

whats with these fat people i see everywhere, women who are easily 240lbs trying to be fashionable? like ok you really think you can cover up your grotesqueness with $300 dollar sunglasses, makeup and a Gucci bag? how about getting to the root of the problem and dropping a couple pounds like 50 or two.

like really who do they think theyre kidding? like oh youre wearing some D&G’s so now MY eyes are covered too and youve suddenly transformed from Mimi Bobeck to Nelly Furtardo.

the other thing that bothers me is this sympathy towards fat people. like these fat black comedians who think that by telling themselves time after time again that “fat is beautiful” it magically becomes so. im sorry but nothing beautfiul can come from eating 3lbs of mcdonalds a day with some nachos later. and guess what else, if you really were beautiful you wouldnt get up and stand on stage talking about it. if Jessica Alba got on stage and said yea, im so hot, huh you guys want this? wooo yeah i know you do. omg im sooo hot. people wouldnt pay to see that because we all know shes hot but they came for a comedy show not a mirror peptalk. why can Mo’Nique do it? because shes not beautiful, its a comedy show so theres a contrast. she thinks shes pretty so its funny because shes not. get it? hahaha jokes wooo.

i think i should do comedy. i could probaly get on stage say that whole rant and get a groupie to blow me, maybe Mo’Nique.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
whats with these fat people i see everywhere, women who are easily 240lbs trying to be fashionable? like ok you really think you can cover up your grotesqueness with $300 dollar sunglasses, makeup and a Gucci bag? how about getting to the root of the problem and dropping a couple pounds like 50 or two. [/quote]

It’s worse here. Fat chicks wear shirts and pants saying stupid shit like “hot”, “sexy bitch” and the classic “all natural”.

With that rant you’d get murdered by the media and the fat chicks in the audience.

Turned down by a fat chick last night?

That must hurt.

Ohh man

Here you go out and you see fat girls wearing tube dresses with 3 stomachs and they think they are sexy. But like the op said the sunglasses from D&G make everything sexy and ok.

They had me fooled. Thanks for ripping the the blinders off my eyes. Bastard. Now all I’m seeing are fat people in sunglasses. I think I want the blue pill now.

Take a look at the Kate Harding thread and read her blog - “Fat Acceptance” is becoming an annoying trend.

It’s not surprising really, when such a large percentage of women are overweight. So many of them, that Kate Harding person in particular, believe they can’t do anything to change their bodies. The large numbers mean they can reinforce each other’s weaknesses.

It’s just amazing the sort of cognitive dissonance this displays though…i’m not saying all women who have a little fat on them are ugly, but I think it’s fair to say a lot of them would be a lot happier were they to become skinny. Do any of them REALLY like being fat? Wouldn’t they like actually getting attention from guys at bars or parties?

I think a lot of it has to do with how the market is for weight loss right now. Every other week another diet or exercise plan comes out promising amazing results. These women try and it fail, often just due to the weakness of the program. If people were just properly educated we’d have a lot less of an obesity problem.

Yes, everyone knows that burger king and other fast food is bad for you. Without proper education though, I never knew what really WAS good for me until reading this site. I never knew if carbs were bad or good or about things like EVOO or almonds or beef jerky. I always suspected the food pyramid and those fad diets were bullshit, but never knew what to put in it’s place.

P.E. class in high school is where we should be learning all the stuff on T-Nation!!

Oops, that was kind of long and a bit off-topic.

elitism is fun

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Turned down by a fat chick last night?

That must hurt.[/quote]

That’s what I was thinking.

I still get sick of hot chicks who wear massive D&G glasses. I don’t care if they are fat or skinny. Its stupid.

Good rant though Peter Griffin.

“You know what really grinds my gears…fat people”

[quote]B rocK wrote:

“You know what really grinds my gears…fat people”[/quote]

CLASSIC!!!

Everytime I see a fat guy/girl in a red shirt I want to scream “hey kool-aid!!!”

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
They had me fooled. Thanks for ripping the the blinders off my eyes. Bastard. Now all I’m seeing are fat people in sunglasses. I think I want the blue pill now.[/quote]

HA!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
They had me fooled. Thanks for ripping the the blinders off my eyes. Bastard. Now all I’m seeing are fat people in sunglasses. I think I want the blue pill now.

HA![/quote]
x2 very funny.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
. im sorry but nothing beautfiul can come from eating 3lbs of mcdonalds a day with some nachos later. [/quote]

Sorry, have to stick up for the fat people here, since I kind of am one, thanks…
Not all obese/fat people eat at Mcdonalds everyday and eat nachos or whatever…
I know I certainly don’t…I don’t remember the last time I had fast food actually…
Everyday is a battle for me…it turns out I have a very sucky metabolism(diagnosed a couple months ago)

And no, even if I was as big as Mo’nique I wouldn’t go flaunting it, you are right…

Just know that some of us out there ARE putting forth the effort! :slight_smile:

[quote]dday wrote:
B rocK wrote:

“You know what really grinds my gears…fat people”

CLASSIC!!!

Everytime I see a fat guy/girl in a red shirt I want to scream “hey kool-aid!!!”
[/quote]

do you mean like this?

how about now?

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Now all I’m seeing are fat people in sunglasses. [/quote]
[i]
I see fat people.

In your dreams?
[/i]
shakes her head

While you’re awake?

nods
[i]
Fat people like, in Wal-Mart? In electric scooters?

Walking around like regular people. They don’t see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don’t know they’re fat.

How often do you see them?

All the time. They’re everywhere.

[quote]Geminspector wrote:
how about now?[/quote]

LMFAO!!!

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
. im sorry but nothing beautfiul can come from eating 3lbs of mcdonalds a day with some nachos later.

Sorry, have to stick up for the fat people here, since I kind of am one, thanks…
Not all obese/fat people eat at Mcdonalds everyday and eat nachos or whatever…
I know I certainly don’t…I don’t remember the last time I had fast food actually…
Everyday is a battle for me…it turns out I have a very sucky metabolism(diagnosed a couple months ago)

And no, even if I was as big as Mo’nique I wouldn’t go flaunting it, you are right…

Just know that some of us out there ARE putting forth the effort! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I don’t think anyone is going to bag on someone whos a bit over weight and busting butt to lose that butt. Hell I’ve still got 20-30lbs to lose myself. I think the point of this was the people who (while eating a sheet cake) say they are fat and beautiful, to them I say “HEY KOOL-AID!!” Sorry that just cracks me up.

[quote]Geminspector wrote:
how about now?[/quote]

Yeah, HUGE difference between fat people who realise their weak points (Mom-in-MD you and I are in the same boat here!) and making an effort to do something about it, and fat people who flaunt their fat, stick the “beautiful” label on it, and get elitist about it

I seriously saw this hugely obese lady in the mall last time I went jeans shopping, who was wearing spandex biker shorts, muffintopping and MUFFINBOTTOMING OUT UNDER THEM TOO, with a midriff t-shirt that said “Wine Me, Dine Me, 69 Me” while pushing her toddler around in a stroller and slurping on a Venti Frappacino.

I would be scarred for life if I didn’t have a sense of humor. :wink: