Fat, Out Of Shape, Cops!

[quote]Coldiron wrote:
And she was probably sworn in “to serve and protect”. I gotta wonder if she would actually give up that drummy if shit went down. LOL!!![/quote]

“Sworn to serve, protect and eat a big fucking chicken leg!”

I believe they should do what they do in the Marine Corps. I’m in an infantry unit and if you ain’t in shape you get your ass handed to you. There is incentive the more fit you are. If you can’t pass a PFT you are “temporary unqualified” which means you don’t get promoted and are basically looked at as a shitbag. For a 1st class PFT your looking at a 18:00 min 3 mile run, 20 pullups, and 100 situps (2 min time limit on the situps).

The P.O. job I just applied for states their passing fitness test as: Bench 73% of bodyweight 1 time, 18 situps in 1 min., 25 pushups, and 16:15 sec time limit for a 1.5 mile run! Please! You don’t see any fatasses on the SWAT or SRT teams do you? If they penalized the out of shape ones or gave them more incentive everyone would benefit, including those they protect.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Of course they’re fighting it. The average cop I see around here has a waist closing in on 50" and enjoys every free food perk of the job. I didn’t know buttons on a shirt could be that strong. Clearly they are also made of Kevlar.

If they truly cracked down on the overweight ones, the force population would drop by 80%.[/quote]

I noticed you attached a picture of a nyc police officer. I may be mistaken but i thought you were from out west?(could be wrong here, if so i apologize and disregard this post). The only reason i bring this point up, is because your post presents the impression that the average cop you see with the 50inch waist is a nyc officer.

I just think thats a little misleading, especially b/c i hope to be one of the more fit cops patrolling this great city come january!

[quote]Coldiron wrote:
And she was probably sworn in “to serve and protect”. I gotta wonder if she would actually give up that drummy if shit went down. LOL!!![/quote]

More Snu snu!

[quote]solid0351 wrote:
I believe they should do what they do in the Marine Corps. I’m in an infantry unit and if you ain’t in shape you get your ass handed to you…[/quote]

[quote]danmaftei wrote:
Ahh, unions…

what once was a great idea, a beacon for equality, has now turned into one of the many special interest groups destroying democracy today.[/quote]

I could not agree more. I work with union mechanics everyday and they suck. A major factor for the many problems in my company.

-Machine

[quote]Bootsie wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Of course they’re fighting it. The average cop I see around here has a waist closing in on 50" and enjoys every free food perk of the job. I didn’t know buttons on a shirt could be that strong. Clearly they are also made of Kevlar.

If they truly cracked down on the overweight ones, the force population would drop by 80%.

I noticed you attached a picture of a nyc police officer. I may be mistaken but i thought you were from out west?(could be wrong here, if so i apologize and disregard this post). The only reason i bring this point up, is because your post presents the impression that the average cop you see with the 50inch waist is a nyc officer.

I just think thats a little misleading, especially b/c i hope to be one of the more fit cops patrolling this great city come january![/quote]

Get over yourself. Go to google images and type in fat cop. It’ll be the third picture that comes up. I don’t even have to know prof x to realize that he doesn’t have some deep seated agenda against the city of ny or it’s police force, especially on this day above all.

I travel to NYC 5-8 times a year and a majority of cops I see are over weight, by a looooooong shot. Best of luck to you @ the academy. Maybe you can inspire some of your chubbier coleagues to follow suit and be in shape.

[quote]Bootsie wrote:
Professor X wrote:

If they truly cracked down on the overweight ones, the force population would drop by 80%.

I just think thats a little misleading, especially b/c i hope to be one of the more fit cops patrolling this great city come january![/quote]

That was the first pic that popped up when I typed “fat cop” into google. I’ve never been to New York.

[quote]Bootsie wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Maybe you should have your T-Levels checked?

Way too sensitive here! Obviously, this just a random fat cop picture.

[quote]Bootsie wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Lighten up Francis!

I got out of that line of work about 3 years ago. I’d be average at a T-man convention but I won a gold medal at the police olympics. In my sub unit I was one of the 2 or 3 most jacked ones, many of the guys were total slackers, “47 college hours and a 20 pound gut” was my old saying.

We did have some hosses in warrants, the tac team, etc but no shortage of slackers elsewhere. Remember in Atlanta about 2 years ago that ex football player convict got away from some overweight middle aged female bailiff and killed several people during his escape. I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more often.

The really odd thing to me is that at my bank job before and now several internships in the legal profession and the average person there is in better shape than a lot of my coworkers. Some places have zero physical standards, while the bigger places usually have a decent PT test to get in followed by a strenuous academy but no follow up.

I know of one Dept in the area with a yearly PT test. Ironically there’s a private security force in the area with higher standards than any PD. They run a timed mile n a half every 4 months, and a gym membership and a jujitsu instructor are part of the benefit package.

[quote]Coldiron wrote:
Lighten up Francis![/quote]

Hysterical!

[quote]Coldiron wrote:

PGA, this pic awaits your skills.

Last time I was in NYC (2 years ago or so) my wife and I were rushing to a show on foot and swung around into time square and I ran into a cop in full riot gear – kevlar, mask, sub-machine gun, etc. And when I say “ran into”, I mean that literally. He wasn’t fat. Scary as hell and something akin to running into a brick wall. But not fat. I’ve never said, “I’m sorry, sir.” so quickly.

But here in Boston we have the overweight cops as well. Just like w/ any other profession. Personally, I’m for the physical fitness requirements.

Relax, its called being proud of your city. No one wants the one picture stereotyping fat cops to be of the city they plan on working in. maybe it was just misleading to me, if so, my bad. Other than that, hoosier daddy, your right there are alot of fat cops in nyc, i guess thats a byproduct of having over 47k cops.

other than that, i agree its a disgrace to see fat cops out there who dont take pride in their appearance or the badge they wear.

[quote]Bootsie wrote:
Relax, its called being proud of your city. No one wants the one picture stereotyping fat cops to be of the city they plan on working in. maybe it was just misleading to me, if so, my bad. Other than that, hoosier daddy, your right there are alot of fat cops in nyc, i guess thats a byproduct of having over 47k cops.

other than that, i agree its a disgrace to see fat cops out there who dont take pride in their appearance or the badge they wear. [/quote]

Bootsie,

Vindicated! I take back my prior comment. But, your screen name is still freakin’ me out.

[quote]Coldiron wrote:
Bootsie wrote:

other than that, i agree its a disgrace to see fat cops out there who dont take pride in their appearance or the badge they wear.

Bootsie,

Vindicated! I take back my prior comment. But, your screen name is still freakin’ me out.[/quote]

haha fair enough. I picked it when i was still in high school and my favorite college basketball player was bootsie thornton of St. Johns. too bad he didnt go anywhere so no ones ever heard of him

Heres my little bit of info-
In Kansas the local and county police are fat. State troopers are skinny, but not strong in any fashion. The state agency type police are fat. We have a potbellied 62 year old on our force. He waddles around, and I am hoping he retires soon

[quote]mazilla wrote:
i’m all for the fitnees standards, but i think they should also factor in age to the height/weight ratio. i don’t think a fifty year old cop needs to be as fit as a twenty five year old. [/quote]

At least in the article it mentioned if the cop failed the height/weight ratio they could have their body fat level tested. Even the cops who worked out, are conditioned and relatively lean would be screwed by that bullshit BMI.

My ex is a police office for a little over five years now. When she was going through the institute she finished second in the fitness standards amongst all the recruits not just the women. Kudos to her but when her and I were at a “police type bbq” and the topic of my thoughts came up about fitness testing cos of my occupation (strength coach/trainer), many of the cops didn’t like my opinion. I said they ought to have fitness testing 3x a year, every four months. What’s so hard about that? It’s a hell of a lot easier to be in shape and maintain it then let yourself get to the obese level of many of these cops and have to work your way back.

[quote]BSims wrote:

My ex is a police office for a little over five years now. When she was going through the institute she finished second in the fitness standards amongst all the recruits not just the women.
[/quote]

That makes me sad. While I love being strong and fit, men should be stronger, faster… etc. than women.

Every male that was beat by her should be ashamed.