Squat?
Press?
Pull?
Row?
O.H. Press?[/quote]

How do I define strength?
I do not squat, have not in a long time
Floor press 185x6
Chin up 3RM body weight plus 50 lbs, seated cable row 120lbsx3x10 with a 2 second hold,
a few months ago I pulled a 445 conventional DL twice with 10 seconds between the 2 pulls
Haven’t done any overhead pressing since . . . back in the day[/quote]

You did not pull 445…

Or better put if you can pull that looking like you do, you are not eating the macros you say you are. Something isnt right.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]young n wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Make that three…
What is your current strength level…
Squat?
Press?
Pull?
Row?
O.H. Press?[/quote]

Floor press 185x6
Chin up 3RM body weight plus 50 lbs, seated cable row 120lbsx3x10 with a 2 second hold,
a few months ago I pulled a 445 conventional DL twice with 10 seconds between the 2 pulls

You did not pull 445…

Or better put if you can pull that looking like you do, you are not eating the macros you say you are. Something isnt right. [/quote]

Yup, could of believed the other lifts, but that 445 is a bit shall we say unbelievable. I’ve been wrong before though.

… and growing more muscle first generally means a faster metabolism so easier fat loss later, might be more effective, seems worth mentioning anyway

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]young n wrote:

Make that three…
Squat?
Press?
Pull?
Row?
O.H. Press?[/quote]

Floor press 185x6

So…what do you do for legs…and shoulders?..and chest??..and back??[/quote]

Lower 1:
A1.Snatch grip rack pulls from right below knees
A2.Fillers
B1.Glute ham raise
B2.Fillers
C1.DB reverse lunges
C2.Core work
D1.Pre/rehab work
D2.Core work

Upper 1:
A1. Chin ups
A2. Floor Press
B1. Split stance cable row
B2. Feet elevated push ups
C1. reverse crunches
C2. rotator cuff work
D1. re/prehab work
D2. birddogs

Lower 2:
A1. DB RFESS
A2. fillers
B1. hip thursts
B2. fillers
C1. 1 leg squat to bench
C2. tall kneeling cable lift
D1. prone bridge
D2. quadruped chin tucks

Upper 2:
A1. Seated cable row
A2. Incline DB press
B1. 1 arm lat pulldown
B2. spiderman push ups
C1. triceps pressdowns
C2. pre/rehab
D1. curls
D2. core work

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]young n wrote:
As far as my “cut” I guess you can say its for aesthetics, sure why not any other reason next to that will look stupid really.
I know I might have come off as having a distorted image of myself but yes I AM skinny fat.[/quote]

Who gives a shit if you “don’t have enough muscle to bother cutting”, really. If you aren’t comfortable with popping your shirt off now, you might as well get that part outta the way early so that the subsequent muscle building process will be psychologically more tolerable.[/quote]

Wait…so you think he will be happy popping his shirt off if he loses another 20lbs?

[quote]young n wrote:

Lower 1:
A2.Fillers
B1.Glute ham raise
B2.Fillers
C1.DB reverse lunges
C2.Core work
D1.Pre/rehab work
D2.Core work[/quote]

What dos core work mean? Where are the quad exercises? Not even leg extensions?

[quote]

Upper 1:
A1. Chin ups
A2. Floor Press
C1. reverse crunches
C2. rotator cuff work
D1. re/prehab work
D2. birddogs[/quote]

This is to build muscle? Get a gym membership.

[quote]

Lower 2:
A1. DB RFESS
A2. fillers
B1. hip thursts
B2. fillers
C1. 1 leg squat to bench
D1. prone bridge
D2. quadruped chin tucks

Upper 2:
A1. Seated cable row
A2. Incline DB press
B1. 1 arm lat pulldown
B2. spiderman push ups
C1. triceps pressdowns
C2. pre/rehab
D1. curls
D2. core work[/quote]

Ok…I don’t even know what “fillers” are and this is the worst workout for muscle I have ever seen.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]young n wrote:

Make that three…
Squat?
Press?
Pull?
Row?
O.H. Press?[/quote]

Floor press 185x6

You did not pull 445…

Or better put if you can pull that looking like you do, you are not eating the macros you say you are. Something isnt right. [/quote]

I’m sorry I’m unbelievable, I usually save that for the girls.
I mean I could go on and on with how I have very short legs (in my opinion) compared to my torso and arms and this and that but I really don’t want to turn this into a numbers thread.
Again I have no reason to lie, I am merely asking for help with my fat loss.

On the other the hand I could just squat 95lbx5x10 and my legs grow very quickly.
I only base that off of filling out my pants to the point where they look skin tight, I have never measured them so I know that statement of mine is very objective. . . or is it subjective?

Thanks for your concern or disbelief though.

The routine tells me OP is training for something other than generic physique goals. OP, are you training for a particular sport or event? This workout split is certainly not oriented towards aesthetics. Or maximal strength.

[quote]young n wrote:

Lower 1:
A2.1 arm trap raise
B1.Glute ham raise
B2.External rotations
C1.DB reverse lunges
C2.split-stance anti-rotation chop
D1.prone bridge
D2.quadruped chin tucks[/quote]

[quote]

Upper 1:
A1. Chin ups
A2. Floor Press
C1. reverse crunches
C2. rotator cuff work
D1. re/prehab work
D2. birddogs[/quote]

[quote]

Lower 2:
A1. DB RFESS
A2. Prone external rotations
B1. Hip thursts
B2. Wall slides
C1. 1 leg squat to bench
D1. prone bridge
D2. quadruped chin tucks

Upper 2:
A1. Seated cable row
A2. Incline DB press
B1. 1 arm lat pulldown
B2. spiderman push ups
C1. triceps pressdowns
C2. side lying external rotation
D1. curls
D2. reverse crunches[/quote]

Ok…I don’t even know what “fillers” are and this is the worst workout for muscle I have ever seen.[/quote]

Sorry I went back and fixed it for you.
I never really was trying to build muscle, just trying to get strong.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
The routine tells me OP is training for something other than generic physique goals. OP, are you training for a particular sport or event? This workout split is certainly not oriented towards aesthetics. Or maximal strength.[/quote]
Yes I think you’re right, it read more like a dance routine

OP maybe more detail here, injuries being worked around maybe, a sport? Its a bit of a mystery and you probably feel you’re not being helped much,

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Yup, could of believed the other lifts, but that 445 is a bit shall we say unbelievable. I’ve been wrong before though. [/quote]

It could be that I played competitive sports for a long time at a high level.
Would you believe the fact that I could get rim (not dunk) at 5’3" before I even started high school.

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]young n wrote:
As far as my “cut” I guess you can say its for aesthetics, sure why not any other reason next to that will look stupid really.
I know I might have come off as having a distorted image of myself but yes I AM skinny fat.[/quote]

Who gives a shit if you “don’t have enough muscle to bother cutting”, really. If you aren’t comfortable with popping your shirt off now, you might as well get that part outta the way early so that the subsequent muscle building process will be psychologically more tolerable.[/quote]

Wait…so you think he will be happy popping his shirt off if he loses another 20lbs?[/quote]

I said comfortable, not happy.

If he would feel more COMFORTABLE beginning from a leaner state, then he should have at it. Psychologically, he will likely feel better shoveling food in without having that nagging voice telling him he’s already carrying too much fat. Aesthetically, starting leaner will make his gains more appealing with his shirt off. Pragmatically, many find that being leaner makes gauging the muscle:fat gain ratio a little easier. Realistically, two months of ANYTHING is nothing at all over the course of a training career, though the results of a fat loss stint would likely be more apparent than a muscle building one.

Fact is, 8 weeks from now he is not going to look impressive no matter which option he decides on (sorry OP). Building enough muscle to really fill himself out will likely take several years (making a two month head start negligible). If he understands that and still feels he would be comfortable getting a little leaner right now, I say he should knock himself out with that.

I’m not suggesting he should do something drastic like live off of mixed greens and tuna fish for the next few months and become a cardio bunny on a quest to sub-10% body fat. But I can certainly appreciate where his head is at with this.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
The routine tells me OP is training for something other than generic physique goals. OP, are you training for a particular sport or event? This workout split is certainly not oriented towards aesthetics. Or maximal strength.[/quote]

I guess you can say it is for a sport, hence I’m trying to lose the fat make weight per say and compete for maybe one last time, it may be hard to believe but this routine really does fit into my line of work. But me and my coach have gone into detail about what my goals are and what not so I trust him with what he gives me.
To touch on the point above I just want to see how my performance is with some of that chub off my waist.

[quote]young n wrote:
I never really was trying to build muscle, just trying to get strong.[/quote]

[quote]young n wrote:
I guess you can say it is for a sport, hence I’m trying to lose the fat make weight per say and compete for maybe one last time…

To touch on the point above I just want to see how my performance is with some of that chub off my waist.[/quote]

Well, there we go. Looks like “we” can stop trying to ram the first word of this forum down your throat for the time being.

[quote]young n wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]young n wrote:

Make that three…
Squat?
Press?
Pull?
Row?
O.H. Press?[/quote]

Floor press 185x6

You did not pull 445…

I’m sorry I’m unbelievable, I usually save that for the girls.
I mean I could go on and on with how I have very short legs (in my opinion) compared to my torso and arms and this and that but I really don’t want to turn this into a numbers thread.
Again I have no reason to lie, I am merely asking for help with my fat loss.

On the other the hand I could just squat 95lbx5x10 and my legs grow very quickly.
I only base that off of filling out my pants to the point where they look skin tight, I have never measured them so I know that statement of mine is very objective. . . or is it subjective?

Thanks for your concern or disbelief though. [/quote]

I am pretty confident that your legs look just as bad as your top does and your pants looking skin tight have more to do with you buying skinny jeans than it does with your 95 lb squats.

You do not pull 445 at 160 looking that like, sorry but it is bullshit. And your legs dont grow very quickly, or you wouldnt be 160 lbs without any visable muscle. So you can continue to talk about how good you are with the ladies and how tight your pants are because your massive thighs grow so quickly or shut up, and accept the criticism and advice from the members here who you asked for help because you are not happy with your progress.

[quote]young n wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Yup, could of believed the other lifts, but that 445 is a bit shall we say unbelievable. I’ve been wrong before though. [/quote]

It could be that I played competitive sports for a long time at a high level.
Would you believe the fact that I could get rim (not dunk) at 5’3" before I even started high school.[/quote]

No.

[quote]gswork wrote:
more like a DANCE ROUTINE

OP maybe more detail here, injuries being worked around maybe, a sport? Its a bit of a mystery and you probably feel you’re not being helped much, [/quote]

I’ve sucked at dancing my whole life, I’m glad at least someone thinks I have the moves.
Yes I have some injuries that I’m working around, as I’ve grown older I’ve realized there is no point in risking hurting yourself just to pull off the floor for example (I know I pulled off the floor a few months back) and that is why I don’t flat bench even with DBs, only floor presses for me, I barely if ever do any barbell work, it’s just DBs and KBs for now with an occasional barbell movement.
Right now I’m recovering from a “promixal adductor tendinosis or inferior rectus abdominus protective tension” as my coach put it. To bad I don’t have a good manual therapist who understands what that is per say.

[quote]young n wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

I guess you can say it is for a sport, hence I’m trying to lose the fat make weight per say and compete for maybe one last time, it may be hard to believe but this routine really does fit into my line of work. But me and my coach have gone into detail about what my goals are and what not so I trust him with what he gives me.
To touch on the point above I just want to see how my performance is with some of that chub off my waist.
[/quote]

Why are you being so vague? What sport? What exactly did you tell your coach you want to accomplish? And what does ‘make weight per se’ (not per say) mean? Is it a sport with weight classes? If so, that was relevant on page 1 when you said you wanted to cut, and that aesthetics AREN’T top priority. And what do you mean by ‘it fits in with your line of work’?
Are you a trainer?

Beyond this, if you trust your trainer and are not looking for advice, then why are you posting here asking for advice? It seems like you’re working towards potentially conflicting goals, and on top of that you’re not conveying a whole lot of information about yourself. Makes it hard for anyone to give reasonable advice.

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]young n wrote:

Well, there we go. Looks like “we” can stop trying to ram the first word of this forum down your throat for the time being.[/quote]

I’m sorry I didn’t understand. I’m not trying to ram anything down anywhere.
My apologizes if need be.

[quote]young n wrote:

[quote]young n wrote:

Lower 1:
A2.1 arm trap raise
B1.Glute ham raise
B2.External rotations
C1.DB reverse lunges
C2.split-stance anti-rotation chop
D1.prone bridge
D2.quadruped chin tucks[/quote]

[quote]

Upper 1:
A1. Chin ups
A2. Floor Press
C1. reverse crunches
C2. rotator cuff work
D1. re/prehab work
D2. birddogs[/quote]

[quote]

Lower 2:
A1. DB RFESS
A2. Prone external rotations
B1. Hip thursts
B2. Wall slides
C1. 1 leg squat to bench
D1. prone bridge
D2. quadruped chin tucks

Upper 2:
A1. Seated cable row
A2. Incline DB press
B1. 1 arm lat pulldown
B2. spiderman push ups
C1. triceps pressdowns
C2. side lying external rotation
D1. curls
D2. reverse crunches[/quote]

Ok…I don’t even know what “fillers” are and this is the worst workout for muscle I have ever seen.[/quote]

Sorry I went back and fixed it for you.

In fairness, OP, I know you’re just asking for help, but this is a very strange workout, which raises some really significant questions for everyone. If you want help, people need to know where you are coming from and what your goals are. So…

1. How do you define “strong?” You’re doing a LOT of stability and bodyweight exercises, few of which will build muscle and even fewer of which will make you “strong” in any sense.

2. In keeping with the first question, who designed this workout for you? It’s a hodgepodge of different exercises without many unifying factors. If you want to get “strong” in terms of skill at bodyweight exercises, why are you spending time on things like “1 arm lat pulldowns,” “triceps press downs,” “curls,” etc.? If, on the other hand, you are trying to develop the ability to generate high amounts of force (strength), why are you avoiding literally every worthwhile barbell lift? Floor press is an assistance exercise; why aren’t you benching? Why no dips? Why no overhead press? Why no real squatting, or even leg pressing? I’m a big fan of pull-ups for muscle growth, but you’re only doing them once per training cycle, and you are extremely weak at them (I’m 6’5", weigh 298 lb., and can still do 12 strict pull-ups (palms facing away from me)), most likely because you’re wasting time with multiple rowing variations.

3. Are you injuries still bothering you? If so, I can understand your reticence to put a heavy barbell on your back or perform full range of motion bench presses. But otherwise, with all the prehab stuff you’ve been doing, you are more than ready to handle some actual weight.