Fat Loss Playbook Article Questions

Long time reader, first time posting: I’d really appreciate some tips/advice about Nate Miyaki’s latest article on fat loss.

The numbers/example he uses fit my description pretty well (190 lbs, 15% body fat). In the article, he lays out the general template for the amount of calories required and three meal frequency templates that can be followed:

The Personnel (a targeted fat loss diet)
190-pound guy at 15% body fat
Lean body mass = 160 pounds
11 calories per pound of lean body mass = 1760 calories
1 gram protein per pound of lean body mass = 160 grams
20% calories from fats = 40 grams
Remaining calories from carbs = 175-200 grams

Now say I want to follow the frequency template below:

Formation #2 â?? The Basic-Three Pro-Set
Breakfast: 50-55 grams protein, 10-20g fat
Lunch: 50-55 grams protein, 10-20 grams fat, 25-50 grams carbs (from fruit and vegetables only, no starch)
Dinner: 50-55 grams protein, 5-10 grams fat, 125-150 grams carbs

I work at nights, so what are some people’s thoughts on adding my pre-workout carbs (from starches according to what i’ve read) onto my breakfast? Meaning I make my breakfast with the macro’s listed above, but add in the carbs and go to the gym 45 mins later. Or am i better off eating my zero carb breakfast, waiting an hour and having another preworkout meal?

Would appreciate any help.

[quote]rich1915 wrote:
Long time reader, first time posting: I’d really appreciate some tips/advice about Nate Miyaki’s latest article on fat loss.

The numbers/example he uses fit my description pretty well (190 lbs, 15% body fat). In the article, he lays out the general template for the amount of calories required and three meal frequency templates that can be followed:

The Personnel (a targeted fat loss diet)
190-pound guy at 15% body fat
Lean body mass = 160 pounds
11 calories per pound of lean body mass = 1760 calories
1 gram protein per pound of lean body mass = 160 grams
20% calories from fats = 40 grams
Remaining calories from carbs = 175-200 grams

Now say I want to follow the frequency template below:

Formation #2 â?? The Basic-Three Pro-Set
Breakfast: 50-55 grams protein, 10-20g fat
Lunch: 50-55 grams protein, 10-20 grams fat, 25-50 grams carbs (from fruit and vegetables only, no starch)
Dinner: 50-55 grams protein, 5-10 grams fat, 125-150 grams carbs

I work at nights, so what are some people’s thoughts on adding my pre-workout carbs (from starches according to what i’ve read) onto my breakfast? Meaning I make my breakfast with the macro’s listed above, but add in the carbs and go to the gym 45 mins later. Or am i better off eating my zero carb breakfast, waiting an hour and having another preworkout meal?

Would appreciate any help.
[/quote]

The whole point of the article was what works for you. so try one and see if it works for you.

You can study a playbook all day, doesn’t make you an athlete. Get out on the field and do it :smiley:

Add them to your breakfast for a couple of months, evaluate, make changes as required.

Thanks for all the wisdom! I’ve decided to change my approach… Skipping out on the carbs pre workout for now! Will see how it goes!