Fat Loss Plateau

Hey, wouldn’t L-tyrosine help with T3 levels and thyroid?

[quote]FittGrrl27 wrote:

well did you get FREE T3 and FREE testosterone checkedd? if you got the script from your primary care physician, chances are he/she only checked TOTAL testosterone (which means nothing) and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).

my TSH was “in the normal range” but my T3 (what the thyroid is supposed to make) was far below the normal range[/quote]

No, only had the TSH checked, and Im a woman so TEST isnt really relevant :wink:

I did have my estrogen, fasting glucose, B12 etc etc done. Everything was great. The thing is that Im not experiencing any symptoms of low thyroid. I assume (incorrectly?) that along with sluggish metabo Id also experience dry skin/nails/hair, tiredness etc. I have none of the above.[/quote]

well test it the primary male sex hormone but it does play a big role in burning fat/building muscle in women as well…

if your insurance covers it, i would recommend getting T3, T4 (Free and Total for both) checked out… just to be sure

as for the symptoms, i dont nor ever had dry skin, hair etc… bu there are other symptoms that may have crept up on you over a long period of time so you may not notice them.

[quote]dodo888 wrote:
Hey, wouldn’t L-tyrosine help with T3 levels and thyroid?[/quote]

yeah it can, plays a role in T3 production specifically. other things can ‘help’ as well but usually they are only minimal improvements.