Fat Loss Failure

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

I still think you’d be better off trying to build more muscle now. More muscle = higher BMR = burn more fatting sitting on your ass.

Right now, you don’t have enough muscle to speed your metabolism, and in fear of gaining fat, you’ve put yourself in a situtaion where your body doesn’t want to use up what it has for fear of not getting enough calories. Essentially, youre not eating enough to lose weight (I know it sounds weird)

S
[/quote]

I agree with that. That will be my next step after the next couple weeks of experimenting. Your last statement echoes what Pugsley said, that I should increase my calories. Like I said, it’s worth a shot, and I’ll try it out after I finish Meltdown Training this week (I’d like to keep things constant for now and see if the AM/PM workouts jumpstart fatloss for me).

As far as my current calorie level is concerned (this is going out to gi2eg), I forgot to mention that I kept them at about 1900-2000 a day and am trying to cause a caloric deficit through exercise. Just an aside that I forgot to mention before.

As an update (Friday is when I weigh and measure), according to my measurements, I’m down almost a pound of lean body mass and up 1/8 of a pound of fat.

Per your suggestion, I’ll try increasing my calories by about 250 per day, and see where that takes me.

However, my arms do appear more vascular, and I’m recovering much quicker between sets, so something is changing. I’m also going to switch to Poliquin’s Lactic Acid Training program ( http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=724381 ) as a means of keeping things varied in the gym.