T Nation

Fat Loss Diet, Help

Hello Everyone, I’m new to this site find it really amazing! I would like to ask if I could please get some help in regards to my training and nutrition. I’ve been training for only two years now the first year and a half was entirely aimed at weight loss where I was only doing cardio. I am now doing weight training and have been doing it for sometime now. I am confident with my split and training days but it’s the next phase that’s killing me.

I’m currently 16.5% body fat, I weigh 85KGS and am 175CM Tall. My main goal is to get my body fat to 12% but I want to maintian my defintion I have I don’t want to just do cardio and lose my muscle mass. My PT put me on a strict diet and has recently changed it. Now I am told not to have any Oats in the morning but to have my egg whites and broccoli for my first meal and Vitargo half hour before I train. I am wanting to cut the Vitargo before weights and just have a different pre workout with an intra workout and bring the oats back in the morning.

The problem is, he is telling me that he has cut the oats in the morning so I can have one carb cycling day where I have the oats (one day a week only) on Leg day. I don’t know what to do. Last week I trained my ass off, did 5 weight sessions and 4 High interval cardio sessions and ended up putting on weight. The diet is really lean really good and I followed it to a tee. I can only put it down to the Vitargo which I’ve been taking before my workout. After my session, I do have my protein shake and I sit down with broccoli and sweet potato.

I am totally confused and am almost ready to give up. Any suggestions would be really much appreciated? I am eating 6 meals a day, eat every 2-3 hours. Will having oats in the morning make me put on weight? Obviously I wouldn’t on my rest day (no carbs at all) just my training days. I have weighed 85KGS for the past 4mths and it’s doing my head in.

I’ve been taking all my supplements such as green tea, flaxseed oil (once a day) chlorophyll, apple cider vinegar, kelp, L-Carnitine (before training) but I just cant drop fat. And trust me, my cardio sessions are very intense. Let me know if you need anymore information. Thanks for listening :slight_smile: Chris.

16.5%??

Come on bro. We need pics with you holding a shoe to prove that.

tweet

Well I had a Dexa Scan done and it said I was 16.5%. Is that a problem?

Not entirely sure what the question is in the book you just wrote, but if you want diet help you should write down what your diet is ie
7 am 6 eggs
10 am almonds and chicken
Etc

[quote]CL1988 wrote:
Hello Everyone, I’m new to this site find it really amazing! …

Let me know if you need anymore information. Thanks for listening :slight_smile: Chris.[/quote]

Yeah it is sometimes amazing on here - but sometimes not. ‘Hold a shoe’ - ffs. You might get some decent advice but if your post count is low, you might get bullied/ridiculed for not knowing all the in-jokes. (‘teh creatinezzzz’ and ‘!!!1111’ may crop up for a while)

My advice would be try having the oats and not the vitargo (which has the most fibre, by the way?Fibre is undervalued in fat loss diets) - some studies say it doesn’t matter when you eat during the day, just overall cals, but others say to have your carbs earlier if poss, so try what you were thinking. Stu and Anonym are decent guys and knowledgable. Read their posts if you can.