Fat Loss + Creatine

Quick question here

What do you guys think of creatine supplementation while trying to lose fat?

Should one keep using it or stop?

Or would it not matter?

Dont do it - as far as I know it actually raises metabolism by a small amount (approx 5%), will help maintain performance in the gym and will help you stop feeling “flat”… one of the mental killers in a hard cutting phase.

The creatine water weight can be shed very quickly anyway.

EDIT: I am of course talking about straight creatine monohyrate. Any sugar laden “delivery system” or whatever WILL have a detrimental affect.

[quote]zraw wrote:
Quick question here

What do you guys think of creatine supplementation while trying to lose fat?

Should one keep using it or stop?

Or would it not matter?

[/quote]

Creatine monohydrate is fine. I’m not sure if it helps or not, but as long as you realize that it may be contributing to some water weight (not fat) and don’t let it ruin you mentally, its all good.

I think it depends on how aggressive your diet strategy is. If you’re cutting a considerable amount of calories, then I think it’s a great supplement to maintain at least a moderate amount of strength. But if we’re talking a drop of like 200-500kcals, I thin you could take it or leave it.

Plus as long as you’re looking leaner, who cares what the scale says?

Keep taking it…you’ll need the added strength /longevity in the weight room from creatine since your calories will be reduced. I’ve reduced it to just 5g PWO and haven’t lost any strength.