Fat Loss Assistance Needed

Hello all, I am a life long fat ass, which allowed me to play high school and college football on the offensive line and I have always enjoyed being a big dude. My life now is a constant sprint from the time I wake up in the morning until I finally have an opportunity to pass out at night. I coach high school football, high school wrestling, and teach high school classes, married, and have a 4 year old that I can’t keep up with. I am 5’10" and weigh 305lbs, and the excess fat is now causing health issues from high blood pressure, cholesterol, sleep apnea, ect. I have read about an article over Physique Clinic, and looked at the V Diet on this site. Any recommendations on a body transformation plan? I can generally pack on muscle pretty easily, its the shredding the 30 plus percent of body fat that I am having an issue with. My goal weight would be somewhere close to the 200 pound range and would be even happier if it was closer to 190. Without putting much into the true weight, i just want to be able to move around more easily, run and play more with my son, and condition with my wrestling team without looking like the lazy fat guy.

John Berardi’s “Get Shredded Diet” always worked well for me - Basically its 10 times your bodyweight in total calories, with that broken down to 15% carbs, 35% protein, and 50% fat.

I have read this article also and it seems to make a lot of sense, my questions are as follows because this is where confusion sets in: should the formula be calculated from total body weight including fat, current lean body mass, or goal lean body mass?

Just use total body weight. If you weigh 300lbs then consume 3000 calories. As you lose weight you have to adjust the total calories downward

Thanks, any suggestions on lifting and conditioning protocols?

Not really. CT can you the best advice on that but losing weight is mostly about diet

Diet and conditioning work will both contribute.

I would start by adding loaded carries. Farmer’s walk, overhead walk, wheelbarrow walking, prowled pushing, sled dragging. Sets of 60 seconds with 60-90 seconds of rest