T Nation

Fat Lady Called Me an A-hole...

Two days ago I was waiting at a bus stop with my wife and a good friend visiting from Chicago. When I have company I don’t train the same because I like to spend the bulk of my time with the visitor.

So, as I was waiting at the bus stop I decided to jump up to a tree limb and do some pull-ups. I busted out a set and dropped to the ground. When I turned around there was an obese woman in a red Chevy Beretta staring at me. She screamed at the top of her fat ass lungs “THAT’S BAD FOR THE TREE YOU ASSHOLE!!”

I was shocked. So shocked that I didn’t have time to respond. Apparently she had been waiting at the stop sign for me to turn around because as soon as she had said her fat words she sped-off.

I have never been called an asshole for less than that, I think. The fat fucking mongrel deserves something bad.

Don’t worry, just be happy she’ll die earlier than she would if she were healthy.

Dont worry… she probably dropped a mcdonalds fry, or better yet, if you’re lucky, a taco from taco bell, took her eyes off the road, and crashed into a tree.

You still might actually be an asshole… :wink:

You could be an asshole. True.

However the tree is definitely strong enough to support you for a set of pull ups. You should have told her that her presence was bad for the world and left it at that…

Don’t be hanging on the trees, gah dam. What if you broke a branch or something off.

I might be an asshole, true. But nobody wants to be called an asshole. I realized that when I noticed that I was imagining hacking the tree limb off so I could smash her windshield with it.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
I might be an asshole, true. But nobody wants to be called an asshole. I realized that when I noticed that I was imagining hacking the tree limb off so I could smash her windshield with it.[/quote]

I think the biggest annoyance in these situations is that one party got to (and outrageously rudely so) say their little part, where as you didn’t get to respond, that’s the worse.

I find it damn funny how annoymity whether on the internet or inside a automobile (protection) at a distance seems to give people pseudo-courage to run their fucking mouths.

Funny I wouldn’t take claims of “harm and damage” from an obese person, it seems like an oxymoron. If it’s any consolidation I have been called worse while playing on a tree, hahaha.

Also how would you be damaging a tree? I guess you shouldn’t step on the ground as you may damage the dirt…

It’s a form of public humiliation when people do that, that’s like you hassling her during her late night fast-food binges in that Red Chevy.

She could stop worrying about a tree and for only $5.00 (less than a Number 1 at McDonald’s) dollars a month sponsor a starving third world child.

There seems to be a trend lately on this forum of associating bad situations primarily with the body fat of the offender.

If you had thought of it, you should’ve said, “Maybe if it was YOU hanging off the branch.”

You should have told her she was damaging the seat of her car.

or…

You could have said- “Hey that’s nothing, my buddy here just got done pissing on the tree.”

Stop hurting trees you big bully.

[quote]daltron wrote:
There seems to be a trend lately on this forum of associating bad situations primarily with the body fat of the offender.[/quote]

Dude she just happened to be fat. Had she been an ironwoman athlete it still would have been completely wierd and annoying.

I mean how many trees are cut down every day so that she can have paper and other wood products? There is no way I would have broken that bad boy.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Dude she just happened to be fat. Had she been an ironwoman athlete it still would have been completely wierd and annoying.
[/quote]

I hear ya, but you didn’t even have to tell us she was fat… you tree killing sociopath.

So, I wonder, all those years I was climbing trees as a kid, I shudder at the damage I must have done. Yeah, right.

Maybe you just caught her staring (at you) and she couldn’t think of anything to say so called you an asshole and sped off embarrassed?

If you did more reps than I could, then you ARE an asshole. Sorry to knock you off your high horse, dude.

So does this make you the opposite of a tree hugger?

Was she much older than you? While her fatness is probably a factor in her convoluted thinking I’ve noticed a lot of folks have some deep seeded need to be in control, order others around, criticize their behavior etc. She probably interpreted any slight movement as horseplay vand felt the need to comment on it.

She’s probably at home know congratulating DR. Phil for kicking off the bumfighting guy. Check out that thread if you get the chance.

Trees benefit from resistance training too. You just made the tree stronger so it will last through life better.

[quote]daltron wrote:
There seems to be a trend lately on this forum of associating bad situations primarily with the body fat of the offender.[/quote]

Stop your whining, fatty!

[quote]Spike9726 wrote:
She’s probably at home know congratulating DR. Phil for kicking off the bumfighting guy. Check out that thread if you get the chance. [/quote]

I’ll bet she is too! She was probably on her way to watch Dr. Phil. Actually she was probably late to get home and was missing Phil. That would explain her fat anger.