Fat Guy With Questions.

I’m really fat. I weigh 335lbs at 6’3. I have started planning a diet to get to a healthy weight. I have some questions.

The T dawg diet suggests taking my body weight and multiplying by 15 to get the number of calories I should eat.

Will I really lose weight eating 5000 calories a day? I don’t even eat that much now.

When is the best time to use HOT-ROX? I’ve seen mentioned that if you are very overweight it’s not worthwhile to use HOT-ROX right away.

Finally, Would there be a benefit to taking both fish oil and flax seed oil? Are they interchangeable? Should I take them both?

Thanks.

I believe the suggested calories is times your lbm or desired weight. Check again.

I would hold off on the supps until you get a hanle on your situation.
They may help you, but you need to get your own house in order first.

Sorry-missed this

If you want to take both, go ahead. I don’t know that there is any great advantage to using both. In its true form the flax does have some fiber in it.

Best bang for your buck is fish oil. Take 6-8 grams a day–minimum. Maybe 2-3 g with each of your fist 3 meals.

I was in your boat 8 months ago. I’m 6’3" and I was weighing in at 325 lbs. I’m down to 250 now and hoping to lose another 25-30.
I ate 5-7 times a day. 3 meals plus 3-4 snacks. I also kept a food log of every thing that I ate. A typical day looked something like this:

6:30am- 3 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup oatmeal w/ 1 cup skim
1/2 cup Blueberries

9:30am- Whey Protein Shake
1/4 cup almonds

12:00- Tuna on Whole Wheat
2 cups Baby Spinach
1 tblspn Olive Oil

3:00pm- 2 Fat Free Yogurts

6:00pm- Chicken Breat
1 cup Brown Rice
Brocolli

9:00pm- Whey Protein Shake w/8oz Skim

Thats what took of 75lbs along with full body work outs and walking/jogging.

Hope this helps. Good Luck and stay strong brother it’s a long row.

Well at that weight its a different situation as for calcualtions. You are able to go a Bit nmore extreme with your k/cal restrictio due to he Huge amount of mobil;e fule you carry around. Your body will attcak that LARGE store before rutning to LBM.

I wouls suggest using something like a close goal weight for the calculations, at 6’3" I would say maybe 235 to start if you carry a good amount of LBM giving you a starting point of 3500- 500 would be 300 k/cals a day. This along with a cleaned upo diet should do you good for some time and have you shedding fat.

Flax meal and oils are good to have as an addition but the fish opils should be a staple IMO.

Best of Luck,
Phill

I started at a similar height and weight to your own, 6’2" and more like 350 at my heaviest. There was a lot of muscle under that blubber though. At 350 I was at 35% BF. I used my LBM to detirmine caloric needs and then cut from there some and lost the first 90 pounds in just over 4 months, when you’re that overweight you can afford to go lower on the food intake, as mentioned, you’ve got the extra food stores weighing you down already :slight_smile:

Fish oil, salmon oil in particular seemed to help a great deal with my energy levels, I never felt tired or deprived unless I wasn’t supplimenting with the oil. Flax seed oil, actually milled flax seeds mixed in my protein shakes is still a staple of my diet but not really as important as the fish oil.

When I started exercising in august I was roughly 365. I haven’t really hit a plateau for loss, but I want to see better results. No point in doing something half assed.

Thanks for all the advice. I’m going to try a week with 3500 calories and see how I feel, and how the results are. I’m building muscle as well as burning fat, so I’m playing it by ear to judge results.

Wow. A lot of really big T-men out there.

And I say T-men with pride. It’s not easy to turn things around from the other side of 300#.

That is awesome.

Remember that there’s a lot of muscle under all that flab. Don’t forget to lift heavy. You’re going to be a hoss when some of that extra weight comes off.

Keep it up!

Dan “Glad all of this theory is helping people” McVicker

Quit crying! I’m 6’0" and weigh 380! I used to weigh 500. In the 80’s and early 90’s, I worked out quite often. From 1981 to 1986, Chuck Sipes was my weight trainer/instructor/friend and I weighed 225 and had about 10% body fat. I got injured at work and almost busted my back. Then in 2001 I got cancer. I am trying to bounce back and I’ve learned that counting calories isn’t the key to losing weight. Activity is the way to go.

If you starve your body of calories, the body will shut down and keep all that fat in storage. If you want to lose weight, you’ve got to get out there and bust your ass. Play ball, run, have sex, anything to make your heart thump hard and fast. Burn those calories.

[quote]Arizona Fatman wrote:
If you starve your body of calories, the body will shut down and keep all that fat in storage. If you want to lose weight, you’ve got to get out there and bust your ass. Play ball, run, have sex, anything to make your heart thump hard and fast. Burn those calories.[/quote]

Yeah but cutting calories down and doing the cardio will definately cut that fat down. It wont just store it…the workouts will burn the hell out of it!